Audio Technica A700's not good for music?
Feb 27, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 8
Well, for music, they definitely stomp all over the hd280s i had. There arent that many closed fones for 150. dt770 have super amount of bass. I think the hd-25s are recommended for closed cans around that price. They can be used portably too.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess this was partially due to my lack of knowledge, but I assumed that headphones were just for music.

I've found some threads mentioning how the A700's are better suited for movies and games than music.

Are there other closed cans at under $150 that can best the A700's in terms of music?

I heard the A700's have a better soundstage than most headphones in their price range. They may suit movies better, but still sound good on music.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess this was partially due to my lack of knowledge, but I assumed that headphones were just for music.

I've found some threads mentioning how the A700's are better suited for movies and games than music.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...highlight=a700

Are there other closed cans at under $150 that can best the A700's in terms of music?

That whole "best suited for games and movies" is just haters hating.
rolleyes.gif

There isn't much, if anything, at $150 and closed that I'd rather listen to than an A700.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #5 of 8
3000smile.gif

That's good to hear; I ordered the A700's over the weekend and was afraid they weren't going to be that large of a jump from my mdr d22's in terms of music.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 8
they are pretty good headphones. nothing spectacular but they don't suck.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #8 of 8
The A700 is suitable for music as well for movies or gaming. It's just a matter of personal tastes that one may not like the sound of the A700 or any AT cans in general. That doesn't make the A700 cans not suitable for music. Some may prefer a set of cans with a deeper bass extension and a warmer sound than the A700. Others my find that the bass and the more foward sound of the A700 to be just right for their listen needs. I own a pair of A700s and a pair of D22s and will tell you that the sonic differences between the two is termendous. The A700s has a better level of detail, better soundstage, tighter bass with more slam than the D22. It's like listening to your favorite music and hearing things or details that you've never heard before. Allow the A700s to burn in and your ears to adjust to their sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back