Audio Technica A1000 ear pads vs A900Ti ear pads
Mar 26, 2011 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Does anyone know the differences if any between these two pads, I can't find much info on them.

Audio Technica A1000 ear pads and the A900Ti ear pads.

Thanks,

Laurence :)

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #2 of 5
It's unlikely you'll find anyone who has used both. The A900Ti's pads are made of Clarino, a synthetic leather, and I personally found them to be very comfortable. Judging by pictures the A1000 pads look very similar, they are probably made of the same material. The A900Ti pads are $10 cheaper on Audio Cubes II I noticed.

Mar 26, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
It's unlikely you'll find anyone who has used both. The A900Ti's pads are made of Clarino, a synthetic leather, and I personally found them to be very comfortable. Judging by pictures the A1000 pads look very similar, they are probably made of the same material. The A900Ti pads are $10 cheaper on Audio Cubes II I noticed.

True, I wondered if perhaps someone might have used both or if someone from Audio Technica was around these forums.

I've been looking at all the pictures I can, seem the same. But that price difference made me wonder. The A900Ti has great reviews and the pads are meant to sound great, but not found many other reviews, just one on the pads...

Maybe they're just the same pads after all hmmmm...

Thanks for your replie! BTW your headphones look sweet :).

May 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi guys, got some HP-A1000 pads from the good guys and gals at Bluetin! Impossible to get these from Audio Technica it seems, only offering the stock A900 pads or non-oval and expensive W5000 pads.

I hope they're a lot better than the A900 pads as they're over 10 times more expensive haha!

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Just thought I would post to help any others in the same place. Got the HP-A1000 pads today and they were a bit of a pain to fit but the quality appears to be much higher than the stock A900 pads which have totally fallen apart really - just from sitting down and listening to music

The sound quality also seems to be a fair bit better and the isolation again is a little bit better.

Comfort wise they are about the same so far.

Two thumbs up from me!!!

P.S Take note as the L and R pads are different and you have to put them on at the correct angles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back