Audio Techica ATH-CKS70 vs Klipsch Image S4
Oct 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Demonsblood

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a pair of sub 100 IEM, the IEM I have right now its not very good ( steel series siberia ) for my listening and it feels uncomfortable!

The music I regularly listen to is Hip-Hop/ Rap/ R&B/ Rock
basically I am looking for the overall better pair!!

thanks guys!

I am located in Canada and most likely will order online,

I can find the s4's for about 100 and the cks70 for about 80!

other IEMs in this price range are recommended too but this will be for daily school and home use so it must be able to withstand some wear and tear, but I do treat them well.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 13
Same problem here
smily_headphones1.gif
But im more a rock/industrial/ebm (sometimes chiptune music too
wink.gif
) sorta guy..
redface.gif

And another question: which of these do NOT block out 100% of the noise around you.. i'd like to hear at least something since i'm walking through the city most of the time
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 13
Actually none block %100 noise and S4 is clear, detailed, warm and little bassy. The S70 has huge soundstage bigger than IE8 with great bass impact same as IE8 and even goes deeper and reveb. So S70 is for who looking for rich deep bass and big soundstage, mids and highs are clear.

Oct 17, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 13
That sounds great, thanks for the help
smily_headphones1.gif
Only thing that keeps me from buying the s70 is the issue with the wind DTKZ mentioned and that no one mentioned anything about how comfortable they fit into the ear. Do you have any thoughts on that as well?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 13
The CKS70s are very comfortable.... I wear them for long listening sessions sometimes three to four hours at a time and I find them very comfortable to the point that I sometimes forget that they are in my ears. (Please be aware that I am using the Sony Hybrid tips, but initially when I first got them I did try on the original tips and they are just as comfy as the Sony tips) Hope this helps your buying decision.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #11 of 13
Yah, I haven't heard the Turbines either, but the oval shaped tips on these seems to really help the fit. That helped me quickly appreciate the rich bass, and silky mids.

Outside using comply tips, I would say these oval tips are one of the few positive experiences i've had with IEM earpieces and keeping a nice seal even with the right sizes.

Still getting some sibilance after 20 hours of burn in, will continue cooking these to iron em out.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucrags84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Still getting some sibilance after 20 hours of burn in, will continue cooking these to iron em out.

Keep us posted on that one, please.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back