Audio Space CDP-8A worth the money for this older CD Player?
Sep 7, 2017 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Amish

500+ Head-Fier
I found a guy selling one of these with the stage 1 upgrade for $500. It is in great shape and going over to test it soon. I read reviews and user comments on this CD player but I'm not sure if the value is there. The guy is selling it for another family member who passed away. I'm told he was the original owner. He had the stage 1 mod done which I think is the following:

• 1 x dual Burr-Brown OPA-627AU op amp module (using two single op amps mounted on a custom DIP adapter)
  • 2 x Mundorf M-Cap metalized polypropylene output coupling caps
  • 1 x Russian E-H 12AX7 tube
  • 2 feet of DH Labs 23 gauge pure 99.99% pure silver solid-core hook-up wire with foamed Teflon tape wrap dielectric
The player itself was around $1300. or so and the mod was another $800. It's hard to tell as I cannot verify prices. The player is around 6 years old.

I'm just wondering if $500 is a fair price or not? Anyone know?

Sep 8, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 2
I kinda figured no one had any experience with it. I went to the guys house and he had some seriously high end stuff on hand. I tested the cd player and oh boy did it sound sweet. I bought it. Can't wait to compare it to my Rotel.

I was tempted to buy some of the other kit he had on hand for sale but luckily made it out of there without spending more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back