Audio-Opus Opus #1 Review by mark2410
May 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 27
IMO, having a good screen is part of the experience (UI, screen quality and build quality) beside the SQ.

I find most people in this forum have bigger toleration towards daps on the market, especially totl daps. Most of them on the same price bracket with highend phone. Yet, dap manufactures give us less quality in terms of experience (screen, ui and build quality). I know good audio chips are not cheap, dap but manufactures already cut some unecessary features compare to smartphone such as 3g module, vibrate, speakers, gps module, camera sensors, slow proc, microphone etc.

I know im comparing apple to orange, but both smartphone and daps uses similiar component and yet they give us lesser quality and crank the price up high with smartphones.

Just my 2 cents :p

Aside my 2 cents, i find this opus really great. I keep my eye on this dap and onkyo to upgrade from ak100ii. This review makes me lean to opus more and more!

May 18, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 27
IMO, having a good screen is part of the experience (UI, screen quality and build quality) beside the SQ.

I find most people in this forum have bigger toleration towards daps on the market, especially totl daps. Most of them on the same price bracket with highend phone. Yet, dap manufactures give us less quality in terms of experience (screen, ui and build quality). I know good audio chips are not cheap, dap but manufactures already cut some unecessary features compare to smartphone such as 3g module, vibrate, speakers, gps module, camera sensors, slow proc, microphone etc.

I know im comparing apple to orange, but both smartphone and daps uses similiar component and yet they give us lesser quality and crank the price up high with smartphones.

Just my 2 cents
tongue.gif

Aside my 2 cents, i find this opus really great. I keep my eye on this dap and onkyo to upgrade from ak100ii. This review makes me lean to opus more and more!

i absolutely agree. i also find i do not have the desire to upgrade, simply because the design or user experience is not good enough to spend the ever higher prices.

May 20, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 27
Here's my video review of the Opus #1. The player is superb and I didn't find any issue with the screen - it does exactly what you need it to do and it does this well. You can see in the video how clear and (more importantly) responsive the screen actually is.

May 20, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #19 of 27
  Here's my video review of the Opus #1. The player is superb and I didn't find any issue with the screen - it does exactly what you need it to do and it does this well. You can see in the video how clear and (more importantly) responsive the screen actually is.

Agreed about being responsive. I was incredibly surprised by how fast it is. Not smartphone fast, but not far away.

May 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #20 of 27

Agreed about being responsive. I was incredibly surprised by how fast it is. Not smartphone fast, but not far away.

not smartphone fast? what phones and apps are you using that you found beats the opus?  i normaly use google music on phones and its certainly not anything close to as fast

Aug 19, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #21 of 27
A newbie to DAP question.

I understand the 3.5 mm out can be switched to optical out, is this correct?

Is optical out a digital signal I can input to my desktop DAC if I wanted to?

Would I use the same 3.5 mm to RCA to go to my DAC, or does my DAC have to have optical input?

Thanks for any responses.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 27
A newbie to DAP question.

I understand the 3.5 mm out can be switched to optical out, is this correct?

Is optical out a digital signal I can input to my desktop DAC if I wanted to?

Would I use the same 3.5 mm to RCA to go to my DAC, or does my DAC have to have optical input?

Thanks for any responses.

Yes the 3.5mm headphone out doubles up as an optical out. You would need an optical cable and the dac should have an optical input where the output from opus #1 would be connected to. Hope this helps.

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #23 of 27
Yes that helps. Unfortunately, my DAC (Schiit Modi) only has USB input. I was confusing amp inputs and DAC inputs. I have only USB input to DAC, and only RCA input to amp.

An optical out is a digital line out?

Thanks for the response

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #27 of 27
Did you have any problems with the balanced out connection? I tried to use my Ibasso it03 with the cb12 cable and it seems to go to far in. I don't know if this is a problem with the player or the connector. But they work fine on my DX200 and the fiio X5 iii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back