Audio Novice, new to the forums.
Jul 18, 2011 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ilikepooters

500+ Head-Fier
Hey folks, this is my first post :)

A couple weeks ago my mum was asking me about headphones and i thought it would be nice to get her a set for her birthday, after alot of reading i settled on a set of Denon AH-D2000's, they're yet to arrive so i haven't heard them yet.

The more and more reading i did i was amazed how great reviews some headphones were getting and how bad the ones i have are, currently i have some Sennheiser RS140 wireless jobbies and i thought they sound excellent, what do i know? lol

I got very impulsive and splashed out on a set of Denon AH-D7000's, i've never had quality headphones before in my life and thought it should be something i do atleast once.

Being a novice, am i going to notice a massive leap in quality from my lowly Sennheiser RS140's to the Denon D7000's? or is it only veteran audiophiles that notice these things? i'll only be running them on my PC, Xbox 360 and TV.

I've been looking into getting a DAC but can't afford the expense just yet, that's something for next payday i think.

Anyway the D2000's and D7000's should turn up before the weekend i hope.

smile.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #3 of 7
My wallet not hit too bad actually, managed to find the D2000's used on ebay for £125 (nice exchange rate with UK and America 
bigsmile_face.gif
) and the D7000's were on Amazon.co.uk for £589 from some third party company located in Hong Kong, day later they put them back up to £649 so i'm guessing it was a pricing error but they couldn't do anything because they already despatched hehe.

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 7
Sorry, that's just the customary Head-fi greeting.  If you think/want your headphone journey to stop with the D7000, you'd best stay far away from Head-fi.  Next you'll be asking about amps, then DACs, and then who knows, IEMs? 
L3000.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 7
The Ultrasone Edition 8's have already attracted my attention depending on how well it goes with the D7000's lol

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 7
OMG!! Eargasm! got the D7000's today and i've never heard anything like it in my life, crystal clear and hearing absolutely loads of stuff i've never heard before in music, can't believe i've not spent this much on a good set of headphones before.

Only used so far on Youtube videos and using the on-board sound on my comp but i'm getting the FiiO E7 and E9 tomorrow so i'll be listening at alot higher quality.

If these are gonna get better and better the longer they're run in, and they're better through a DAC and an Amp, then i can't wait, i'm in for a treat.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
Only used so far on Youtube videos and using the on-board sound on my comp but i'm getting the FiiO E7 and E9 tomorrow so i'll be listening at alot higher quality.

If these are gonna get better and better the longer they're run in, and they're better through a DAC and an Amp, then i can't wait, i'm in for a treat.

Once you get the E7/E9 combo you'll notice more improvements on sq. Keep us posted. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back