Audio Nirvana Moments
May 4, 2014 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ThePianoMan

500+ Head-Fier
Partially inspired by the Non-audiophile reactions to audiophile headphones thread.  Basically, I thought it would be cool if we could all share moments of audio nirvana that we have: after all, that is ultimately what we chase, those "awesome" moments!

I'll share two to start off.
The first was while listening to some Wilson Sofia's (I know not headphones, but he experience was so great I couldn't resist) with Boulder monoblocks and an acapella CD.  The guy at the store (audio consultants in chicagoland. Great store, very recommended) Michael popped on a Daft Punk LP.  It sounded good, but didn't move me much.  I mean, electronic music recorded on analog?  Not sure about the logic on that.  Then he popped in a CD called "That Eternal Day" by an acapella group called Cantus.  Simply stunning, one of the best, if not THE best audio experience I've ever had.  The tactility of the sound floored me.

On to the headphone experience: I was listening to the instrumental version of Joe Cool by Vince Guaraldi off the peanut's soundtrack today.  I was on my Grado SR325is with a FiiO E18, and even though it was just off of spotify, I really just got lost in the simple, warm melody.  Really great stuff.

Looking forward to hearing about your audio nirvana moments and what gear you were using at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back