Dec 24, 2020 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 760

tgx78

Member of the Trade: tgxear
Lokahi measurement:

lokahi.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 760
Impressions:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aur...nd-reviews-thread.950383/page-4#post-16084290

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aur...nd-reviews-thread.950383/page-4#post-16086427

Listening to the Nimbus(1DD+8BA) after 20h burn in for the DD driver. Oh lordy do these make that sub bass rumble and mid bass hits hard as well. Anyone who likes bass will enjoy these.

Overall sound is much warmer than the Lokahi's and the treble is dialed back a little bit but still airy enough. With vocals I found the issue where the female vocals sounded good but male vocals were a bit recessed are not present anymore. Both male and female vocals were decent(I prefer the lokahis female vocals). However for genres like pop music , edm, rock they are much better than the Lokahi.

Soundstage is bigger than the lokahis, with decent seperation

Overall these sound pretty good for the price(180USD). These are very initial listening impressions mind you, I will update if anything opinion changes later on. @sateric

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 760
Audio Lokahi

The Lokahi is as close to a perfectly balanced earphone as I’ve heard. The low end is balanced, smooth, tight, and extended. It is detailed and well-textured, conveying plenty of information. Impact-wise the bass is medium-low on the grand scale, not much greater in quantity than say DM8 or SA6, but more full-bodied and better separated from the Mids. It is also incredibly quick - I get the feeling that the BA drivers on the Lokahi could reproduce several different songs simultaneously and never miss a beat. Midrange detail and clarity are close to the RSV but vocals have better air and a dimensional quality to them than the warmer sounding RSV. The treble is best described as being “sweet”, but not excessively so. The Lokahis definitely sparkle at the high end and roll off very little to my ears. The IER-M9 sounds slightly more extended up top but Lokahi sounds less dynamically compressed. The presentation of the Lokahi is also larger and more dynamic, though the M9 is no slouch itself.

The IEM market is becoming saturated at an increasing rate. Still, of all of the earphones I’ve tried recently, the Audio Lokahi has been the biggest eye-opener, delivering clarity and resolution unlike anything else I’ve heard in this price bracket. It effortlessly produces extremely nuanced and refined sound across the entire frequency range, complete with fantastic instrument separation and imaging. Only thing I can nit pick is its BA timbre which lags behind the M9 by quite a margin. But for the price I paid, this is easily a gem of IEM in my collection.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #4 of 760
The tuning of both the Storm and Nimbus look ideal! I look forward to your impressions on the Nimbus.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #6 of 760
I’m still waiting for someone to come out with a large DD for bass, Sonion and Knowles BAs for mids, and a small DD supertweeter.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #7 of 760
I’m still waiting for someone to come out with a large DD for bass, Sonion and Knowles BAs for mids, and a small DD supertweeter.
Like a Z1R + EX1000 fusion? :joy:

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #8 of 760
Like a Z1R + EX1000 fusion? :joy:
I think it would be a smart decision. Simpler, older tech, theoretically lower cost (at least for the raw parts), and the potential for superb sound with a very natural and realistic sound. Not just to try and copy the Z1R, but rather to come up with an original and accomplished sound all of its own.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #9 of 760
I think it would be a smart decision. Simpler, older tech, theoretically lower cost (at least for the raw parts), and the potential for superb sound with a very natural and realistic sound. Not just to try and copy the Z1R, but rather to come up with an original and accomplished sound all of its own.
yeah, I would like to see that as well.

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #11 of 760
98BBF63B-8965-49D7-B933-888090291E02.jpeg

AKG N400 with personal EQ setting is one of my absolute favorites in terms of tonality. But its driver shows some limitation in both extremities when pushed hard (EQ) with introduction of distortion. I was searching for a product without this roll offs and I feel like I found it with the Aur Audio.

AEBEFE31-6DEA-4120-8500-FC40BEA82814.jpeg

Red line is basically how I would perceive near perfect frequency response curve (for my hearing) and AA Storm comes so close that I am just blind purchasing all their stuff.

Let’s see how other aspects of SQ such as timbre, imaging, speed, sound expansion etc. turn out to be like when I receive them next month.

Happy holidays to all and stay safe.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2020 at 8:37 PM Post #14 of 760
98BBF63B-8965-49D7-B933-888090291E02.jpeg
AKG N400 with personal EQ setting is one of my absolute favorites in terms of tonality. But its driver shows some limitation in both extremities when pushed hard (EQ) with introduction of distortion. I was searching for a product without this roll offs and I feel like I found it with the Aur Audio.

AEBEFE31-6DEA-4120-8500-FC40BEA82814.jpeg
Red line is basically how I would perceive near perfect frequency response curve (for my hearing) and AA Storm comes so close that I am just blind purchasing all their stuff.

Let’s see how other aspects of SQ such as timbre, imaging, speed, sound expansion etc. turn out to be like when I receive them next month.

Happy holidays to all and stay safe.
Did IT07 sound like you are looking for?
Owing Volt I understood is more mid centric sound but I thought IT07 was more open and airy on highs, am I Wrong?

Dec 25, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #15 of 760
Did IT07 sound like you are looking for?
Owing Volt I understood is more mid centric sound but I thought IT07 was more open and airy on highs, am I Wrong?

Yes and no, IT07 has more lower treble energy, but Volt extends further up top and has good upper treble presence where it gives quite airy feel.
However, Volt also has this thicker (warmer) lower mids which reduces overall open feeling (separation) compared to the IT07.
IT07 has very clear Mids, but I do prefer Volt's richer and more organic presentation.
However IT07 has slightly tighter and bit more controlled bass which I find it one of its strong point.
With classical music, IT07 and Volt is equally enjoyable. Vocal centric music, Volt is preferred. EDM, I will reach for the IT07.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back