Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Dec 26, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #631 of 646
Constant headaches with USB since day 1. I ended up going with Optical, which works flawlessly, but is not the high rate I signed up for by getting an NFB-11.

Between the blue screens from the VIA drivers and USB audio just plain NOT working, I have regretted this DAC choice since I got it. I wish I had the positive audio experience that others have had, but the drivers are unstable and a mess. I just got some Sennheiser HD 650 for xmas I would love to try, but alas, still cannot get this DAC working right. Tried to install the drivers again, manually. They install. Show as installed. Multiple reboots swapping between the Audio GD and the generic, and still nothing. Sometimes I get a tiny bit of the windows startup sound, then nada. Been searching through Head-Fi, making sure everything is right. It is. Windows 10 64 bit. Anniversary update is installed and likely a part of the issue. USB 2 port. Tried swapping USB cords. Foobar and regular sound are not working. Tried DS and WASPI. ASIO has always caused problems, so I didn't bother. I think those might have bluescreened too, but I don't recall.

Another oddity is that even with the correct Audio GD drivers installed, I cannot select higher than 24 bit rate in Windows. Shouldn't this go to 32? Or only with ASIO drivers?

When drivers are installed, I end up with two output devices; Speakers and a digital out. Neither work. I also end up with numerous entries in the input devices. Tried disabling these, did nothing.

Someone mentioned a firmware update helped. I am up for anything at this point. I have the NFB-11 (2014) with the TXCO.

Trying a full uninstall I guess... let's see...

Dec 26, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #632 of 646
Constant headaches with USB since day 1. I ended up going with Optical, which works flawlessly, but is not the high rate I signed up for by getting an NFB-11.

Between the blue screens from the VIA drivers and USB audio just plain NOT working, I have regretted this DAC choice since I got it. I wish I had the positive audio experience that others have had, but the drivers are unstable and a mess. I just got some Sennheiser HD 650 for xmas I would love to try, but alas, still cannot get this DAC working right. Tried to install the drivers again, manually. They install. Show as installed. Multiple reboots swapping between the Audio GD and the generic, and still nothing. Sometimes I get a tiny bit of the windows startup sound, then nada. Been searching through Head-Fi, making sure everything is right. It is. Windows 10 64 bit. Anniversary update is installed and likely a part of the issue. USB 2 port. Tried swapping USB cords. Foobar and regular sound are not working. Tried DS and WASPI. ASIO has always caused problems, so I didn't bother. I think those might have bluescreened too, but I don't recall.

Another oddity is that even with the correct Audio GD drivers installed, I cannot select higher than 24 bit rate in Windows. Shouldn't this go to 32? Or only with ASIO drivers?

When drivers are installed, I end up with two output devices; Speakers and a digital out. Neither work. I also end up with numerous entries in the input devices. Tried disabling these, did nothing.

Someone mentioned a firmware update helped. I am up for anything at this point. I have the NFB-11 (2014) with the TXCO.

Trying a full uninstall I guess... let's see...

*Deep breath*

Googled my brains out, came up with two things;
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ma...icrosoft-class-drivers-for-usb-audio-devices/

No, they do not work with my NFB-11. Get a stop code. Windows only wants to load the regular USB 1 drivers, which of course is wrong and doesn't work.

Swapped cables in circles too, I have 5 of them. None worked. When I used Audio GD drivers, constantly disconnected and reconnected the device. Swapped ports, nope.

Also tried from a previous post in this thread:

I just found out something... newer drivers and firmware for the USB receiver chip VT1731. I updated my NFB11 to the firmware and drivers for Audiotrak DR. DAC3 which uses the same VIA VT1731 chip. May be placebo but it sounds better to me (more natural highs and overall presentation using 24/96 USB). http://audiotrack.net/en/download DL the drivers and firmware for the DAC 3 and play around with it :) Now it shows up as Audiotrak Dr DAC 3 but I could not care less. Be patient while you update firmware, it takes a while.

Drivers dated 04.2015 - for Win7 and 8, 8.1 yummy! ASIO latency now measured in samples as it should be. Tested on NFB11, should work with no problems on NFB15. Only downside is that 32bit and 384khz options on the device dissapeared.

edit: the audiotrak dr dac 3 drivers actually work without updating the firmware, I reverted to the original Audio GD firmware 2 due to a random click problem. The 32bit/384khz options are back :)

edit2: the latest Audiotrak firmware sounds way better than the Audio GD one, but it has random clicks and also clicks when starting a new track both on ASIO and WASAPI. Bleah, I'll stick to WASAPI for a few days and see if still clicks while playing then will report.

edit3: seems to be click free when ASIO set to 1024 samples 24/96. YMMV.

Website has moved. I got the drivers from:
http://audiotrack.co.kr/en/drivers/1338

Did NOT do a firmware update. Had to remove Audio GD drivers and manually add this driver. Windows took it. Same issues as before, didn't even see high bit rate.

Just for giggles, I did what everyone said NOT to do-- plugged into USB 3.0 port.

IT WORKED. Windows recognized it as Audio GD even without the drivers installed (it showed as just a USB Audio Device before), which means it read the device info correctly for the first time. Even lets me set it to 32 bit. YES.

*sigh*

So, ya, try USB 3 ports. Make sure you have the latest chipset for your motherboard too. Apparently, sometimes, there are exceptions to the rule to not use USB 3.

Of course, I have the same relay problem as all others of NFB-11; that click that cuts off the first second or so of audio when coming from silence. Need to go back to the original NFB-11 impression thread to find the post about how to cut the wires and take care of that:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...14-delivery-impression-thread.624517/page-113

I will report back regarding stability of this driver, since the ones provided by Audio GD are so unstable. I have my fingers crossed on this one... There is even a "BSOD fix" driver for the AudioTrak, which I hope was rolled into this version.

Dec 27, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #633 of 646
Hi, been long time since last post but I wonder Kingwa still supports this topic?

I'm using M7, last time with Windows 7, everything working perfectly. With the same mobo, I upgraded to Windows 10 and everything still fine despite of tricky steps to install the driver.
Yesterday I changed my mobo, I cannot make the M7 working anymore.

With SETUP, always failed, with Device Manager, the windows recognizes the device.
However, in foobar, if I use VIA ASIO, music just plays 2-3s before interrupted.
If I use ASIO4AALL, music plays, but it just miss a beat every 3-4s.
WASAPI and DS is not working at all.
I tried all available drivers on AudioGD website, nothing improved.

Any help?

Kingwa please, do you have solution :frowning2:.
Anyone still has the firmware tools? I would try to update FW and let see what happens, the link on AudioGD website was invalid.
Thanks.

Dec 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #634 of 646
Responding back to let those with the Blue Screen issues with Audio GD Via 32 bit drivers know the results of the AudioTrak drivers.

Work great! No blue screens. Does occasionally disconnect and reconnect, though that might be something else and is so brief it hasn't been a concern yet. I will troubleshoot it more later. Much preferred over a blue screen, however. My PC did lock up the other day while it slept, so there is something odd in them. But, once again, same functionality and no blue screens is an improvement so far.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #636 of 646
Yesterday I received my r2r11 and I've been having this issue in which a sort of popping (like the cracks you hear on many vinyl records but more annoying) occurs all throughout any song I play, be it VLC, Foobar or youtube. Happens in both low and high gain. After installing the Amanero driver from this webpage: http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Amanero/AmaneroEN.htm it occurs with less frequency but still it's too damn frequent. Between today and tomorrow I'll go and buy a new USB cable (a cheap one anyway) and see if that's the problem. Anybody had the same issue? Can I get some help please?

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #637 of 646
can one of you remind me of the link to download firmwares?

I have the r2r7he and am interested into trying the new v3 firmware, even though I do not know what benefit it brings, if someone has any kind of information, would be welcome :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #638 of 646
can one of you rzremi me of the link to download firmwares?

I have the r2r7he and am interested into trying the new v3 firmware, even though I do not know what benefit it brings, if someone has any kind of information, would be welcome :)
Email Audio-gd directly. They'll provide the firmware directly and answer any questions :]

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #640 of 646
Hi!
Had the same problems with my Audio-gd Compass 2 (ES9018) with VIA32 on Windows 10.
Replaced the board on Amanero Combo384 and works 1 year already perfectly, no problems with work and drivers! In addition, the sound is noticeably improved! Replacement took about 10 minutes, the soldering iron to solder the wires I observe the same marking as that of the native board. Board is worth $29 on aliexpress.

3d9ac9dc694da4b717479284b4a36a66-full.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #641 of 646
Please help manually tried it through device manager. Also tried to delete it and re download it but it won't let me download the setup says 0 space required. I just built a new pc and used the same hard drive? Is that the issue? Tried to delete all the folders but I need system admin permission and I cant seem to get it to work. Tried it on my laptop and everything works fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    251.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    904 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    894.8 KB · Views: 0
Mar 10, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #642 of 646
Hi!
Had the same problems with my Audio-gd Compass 2 (ES9018) with VIA32 on Windows 10.
Replaced the board on Amanero Combo384 and works 1 year already perfectly, no problems with work and drivers! In addition, the sound is noticeably improved! Replacement took about 10 minutes, the soldering iron to solder the wires I observe the same marking as that of the native board. Board is worth $29 on aliexpress.

3d9ac9dc694da4b717479284b4a36a66-full.jpg
did you click in the 2nd picture and choosen the files you wpuld like to install? if you press the enter as it captured it will not install anything, because nothing is choosen.

Aug 2, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #643 of 646
Email Audio-gd directly. They'll provide the firmware directly and answer any questions :]

I emailed them, explained the fact that their drivers don't work and and got a reply from Kingwa which simply said "I have no idea what cause the issue". Great, now my NFB-15 is a glorified paperweight because I've tried all of their USB drivers, including the Firmware tool, as well as the Amanero and AudioTrak drivers, and absolutely nothing works.
Please help manually tried it through device manager. Also tried to delete it and re download it but it won't let me download the setup says 0 space required. I just built a new pc and used the same hard drive? Is that the issue? Tried to delete all the folders but I need system admin permission and I cant seem to get it to work. Tried it on my laptop and everything works fine.
This is the exact same issue I'm having on Windows 11. No idea why the driver isn't being acknowledged by Windows.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #644 of 646
Sorry to hear of your issues.

FWIW my 2017 NFB11.32 installed first time and has been trouble free through a number of installations, WIN7, WIN10 and WIN11.

Considering how sensitive the USB32 drivers are, I'm a lucky camper but that doesn't help you.
It seems that most users "solved" their issues by trial and error - simply go through every process you can think of and hopefully something sticks.

Best of luck.

Aug 3, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #645 of 646
It's true, the USB drivers have always been finnicky, but I've always managed to get them working without too much bother. I think I've hit the end of the road this time, though.

Luckily, another user in another thread gave me the good idea of getting a USB > optical converter instead, which should help me get around the issue.

Update: The Douk U2 Mini works perfectly, so my audio chain is now Laptop > U2 (via USB) > NFB-15 (via optical) > Headphones out. Just had to install the driver package here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZjWBDD5Te-a8O64fCstuOKIwGRo766wD?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back