Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #588 of 646
  No wait. Foobar works just fine but can't get any sound from anything other (movie files, games etc.) ?

Again :) Set the 'what-windows-called your dac device' as default device in 'Playback Devices' (right click the Speaker icon in the taskbar).

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #589 of 646
I did. It is.

Weird. Could have swear Spotify was working correctly when I first fired it up. Now Foobar works and so does Chrome (watched some videos from youtube) but video files and games are a no go.

Woops, my bad. I had also selected it as the default communications device which messed it up. Now Windows sounds are also working. :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #590 of 646
No, something's definitely still off. Was listening to Spotify and everything was working fine but then all of a sudden Spotify lost sound and couldn't get any sound from video files either.

Right now Windows sounds, foobar and Chrome work just fine. What the hell's going on? Are the drivers really this abysmal?

EDIT: Also played some Witcher 3 and the sounds are ok. But nothing from MPC-HC or Spotify.. What..

Try a different good quality USB cable. My NFB-15 will not work with certain USB cables.
I'll try this to see if there's any difference.

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #591 of 646
If you're using ASIO in foobar2000, you're not going to get sound from anywhere else. This is intentional and is desirable, as it gets exclusive use of the device and nothing else can disrupt the signal.

If you try ASIO in foobar2000 or any other program (and sometimes WASAPI or Kernel streaming, but it depends on the device), then try to play sounds from elsewhere, it's not going to work.

You need to close foobar2000, then relaunch anything you want to get sound from.

Apr 27, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #592 of 646
  If you're using ASIO in foobar2000, you're not going to get sound from anywhere else. This is intentional and is desirable, as it gets exclusive use of the device and nothing else can disrupt the signal.

If you try ASIO in foobar2000 or any other program (and sometimes WASAPI or Kernel streaming, but it depends on the device), then try to play sounds from elsewhere, it's not going to work.

You need to close foobar2000, then relaunch anything you want to get sound from.

Actually I was getting bunch of issues like audio stuttering in gaming as well and all my problems were resolved by changing to another USB cable. No issues since last night. Will report back if I encounter any more but so far so good.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #593 of 646
But there is someone who has staged an updated version on amanero?
I would like to install a custom version. Buy the card at Taobao.
But I saw that under the usb-32 has two additional wires. What kind of wire?

May 9, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #594 of 646
Here's the latest VIA firmware from AudioGD http://uloz.to/xgPUZioy/audio-gdusb32fwversion3-rar (click on download with limitations) , the FirmwareLinux1.bin sounds best, similar to the Dr DAC 3 firmware from audiotrak so no need for that anymore. 32bit options also gone, guess 24 bit is processed more accurately inside.

May 9, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #595 of 646
Here's the latest VIA firmware from AudioGD http://uloz.to/xgPUZioy/audio-gdusb32fwversion3-rar (click on download with limitations) , the FirmwareLinux1.bin sounds best, similar to the Dr DAC 3 firmware from audiotrak so no need for that anymore. 32bit options also gone, guess 24 bit is processed more accurately inside.

32 bit was already erased in version 2. Still hasn't appeared on the website though

May 15, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #596 of 646
32 bit was already erased in version 2. Still hasn't appeared on the website though

As I recall audio-gdusb32fwversion3 contains only 1 new firmware FirmwareLinux1.bin, which was a test firmware aimed to fix some compatibility issues in Linux. It was available on audio-gd main page for short time. Other firmware files in the package are the same as in "public" audio-gdusb32fwversion2.rar package.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #597 of 646
Possible to apply firmware update under Windows 10?

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #599 of 646
You need to disable driver signature enforcement in windows 10 or 8 to install the driver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back