Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #316 of 646
just got mail from king wa. he said the best option to modify the amp to use I2s input. has anybody done this yet?

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #317 of 646
Upgraded firmware and installed the newest driver, but now I'm getting an issue in Youtube for example where the sound suddenly stops but the video keeps on playing. There is no indication that it gets unplugged while doing this, and the problem wasn't present before either.

Any ideas what can be done?

I had similar issues with a new passive cooled computer a few weeks back when streaming movies from Netflix and other streaming services. Then I used an earlier firmware on the M7 and v2 USB driver on the pc. I monitored the CPU temp and noticed it was getting quite hot so I moved the computer to a location with better ventilation and CPU temp got lowered by some margin. That fixed it for me. I have since then upgraded the M7's USB32 firware and driver on pc to latest version and the only differences I have notice is some less CPU usage at music playback. My CPU is i5 4570T and OS Win 8.1

Jun 8, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #318 of 646
I had similar issues with a new passive cooled computer a few weeks back when streaming movies from Netflix and other streaming services. Then I used an earlier firmware on the M7 and v2 USB driver on the pc. I monitored the CPU temp and noticed it was getting quite hot so I moved the computer to a location with better ventilation and CPU temp got lowered by some margin. That fixed it for me. I have since then upgraded the M7's USB32 firware and driver on pc to latest version and the only differences I have notice is some less CPU usage at music playback. My CPU is i5 4570T and OS Win 8.1

This wasn't the issue for me however. I re-installed the drivers and plugged it into one of my USB 3.0 ports instead of a normal one in my PC. So far I haven't experienced any problems since then, but will update if anything changes.

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:05 AM Post #319 of 646
This wasn't the issue for me however. I re-installed the drivers and plugged it into one of my USB 3.0 ports instead of a normal one in my PC. So far I haven't experienced any problems since then, but will update if anything changes.

Similar symptom but different cause. So the USB 3 port is more stable with new drivers. Good to hear that you fixed the issue.

Jun 9, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #320 of 646
The newest USB32 drivers/firmware are certainly a bit buggy. Though I blame the mute relay or whatever it is called - it fails to continue playing songs when paused [not stopped] in JRiver. When switching between inputs it sometimes does the same things and gets stuck on mute/silence. Sumetimes I have to fiddle with the playback devices or restart JRiver altogether.
Maybe it's got to do with the Sabre chip or DSD support rather? Also the pops whenever it has to change the sample frequency... not a big fan of that.
All I know is that the older NFB3.32 I had worked flawlessly without problems. Compass2 not so much :/ Or rather, not at all times.
Not ground-breaking but quirks that'll hopefully be fixed.

The unit itself hardware wise, on the other hand, is excellent!

EDIT: Can't get it to work in ASIO even though it did just yesterday. Re-installing did the trick. Still...

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #322 of 646
Using new driver/firmware with NFB-10ES2.
No trouble, errors or bugs so far with Foobar and WASAPI, win7 64bit.
Regardless of hi-res or 44.1.

Although differences aren't audible for my ears, I'm just saying it's stable and no problem.

Jun 13, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #323 of 646
Anybody else having similar issues -

on Linux, with new FW (2014v9) when switching on the DAC, and if the OS is set to 2, noise is heard for a few seconds.
This does not happen when OS is set to 4 or 8.

Thank you,
Davor.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #324 of 646
Hi all, just wanted to post this for other Windows 7 users. After I flashed FW2014v9 onto a NFB-11.32 and installed USB32driver2014v3, I was confused as to why there were no 32 bit options in the device properties:

Kingwa has informed me that it is due to a limitation in Windows 7 and that one would see 32 bit options under Windows 8. It has been mentioned that the latest driver forces 32 bit output and Kingwa confirmed as such, even if the device properties show otherwise. I assume that means the default format setting doesn't actually change the default bit depth, and it's 32 bit no matter which option you select.

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #325 of 646
Was able to update no problem on my NFB-10WM (with swapped out USB-32 receiver for the Tenor). Tried with Windows 7 sound driver and Kernel Streaming in Foobar so far. I don't really notice a difference either - other than it seems to me that gain is a bit lower after updating the firmware and Windows 7 driver. Anyone else notice this?

Also, the lack of a 32-bit option in the driver is a bit disconcerting.

Can anyone confirm that the latest Windows 7 driver is 6.1.7601.17514?

Jul 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #329 of 646
I used the old DI-DSP with a 100 CD changer and it improved the sound slightly.
The main benefit of the D4 would be to upgrade older USB inputs of DAC's or DAC's w/o USB input.

Edit: Seems like a nice switch box as well like a baby Ref-3 of old.

Jul 31, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #330 of 646
Can somebody help me.

I'm not real savvy when it comes to computers.

DHL delivered my NFB 15 today and I cant figure out how to install the drivers. I got an email link with the driver I'm supposed to use ahead of delivery yesterday. It's saved to my downloads folder. I also downloaded a trial version of winzip.

The problem I'm having is the file isnt showing up where it's supposed to be when I choose browse my computer.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back