Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
Nov 29, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #406 of 646

Thanks for the confirmation.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #409 of 646
Hi rdsu,

Thanks for the details.. I still have an Audio-GD DI-V3 in the closet which seems to have a more fuller/organic sound than the WFS uLink I am currently using.

The uLink is XMOS - JPlay buffers set at direct with US at 100, powered by iFi iUSB, and everything sounds really great going into an AudioGD NOS1704 DAC.

I was hoping the latest USB32 firmware played better with JPlay, but I have a pretty good dedicated server now, so I think I can explore other playback software options that are a better fit for the Audio-GD USB32... I am thinking especially the M7 oversampling options and the ACSS outputs (I have a Master 1 preamp) may be a nice upgrade to my system.

Thanks again...

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #410 of 646
I forgot to mention that this was my experience until June of this year.

Maybe this latests driver/firmware versions could handle lower values, and then could use other engines on JPlay... :wink:

Dec 1, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #411 of 646
That is what I am hoping also... if I remember correctly, I was using the JPlay Xtreem engine with 256 or higher buffer value... it was very good SQ.... but since seems most folks prefer the Ultrastream engine option if available, so I tried the WFS uLink and that really hooks-up well with JPlay...

Anyone else notice a DI-2015 was recently shipped ??  Maybe a typo...

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #412 of 646
  That is what I am hoping also... if I remember correctly, I was using the JPlay Xtreem engine with 256 or higher buffer value... it was very good SQ.... but since seems most folks prefer the Ultrastream engine option if available, so I tried the WFS uLink and that really hooks-up well with JPlay...

Anyone else notice a DI-2015 was recently shipped ??  Maybe a typo...

That was certainly a typo, me thinks 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #417 of 646

With my new NFB1 and the USB32 deriver version 1, I only managed to get it to work with Audio-GD WASAPI under Jplay, with about 4 buffers. SQ is good. No DSD, only PCM materials. 
But Audio-GD KS it gave me no sound at all. Don't know where the problem is.

Anyone with better experience?

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #418 of 646
With my new NFB1 and the USB32 deriver version 1, I only managed to get it to work with Audio-GD WASAPI under Jplay, with about 4 buffers. SQ is good. No DSD, only PCM materials. 
But Audio-GD KS it gave me no sound at all. Don't know where the problem is.

Anyone with better experience?

I had many problems with the drivers.
Keep trying (re-installing different drivers, changing firmware, etc...)
Troubleshoot and It should eventually work.:)

Dec 12, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #419 of 646
I had a 2013 model DI-V3 working KS with JPlay but very high buffers and did not work with the Ultrastream engine. I needed to use Xtreem for the best quality - and also should adjust the US Ultrasize setting in the registry settings.  

Dec 13, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #420 of 646

Managed to get Jplay Extream engine to work with KS Audio-GD to play both PCM and DSD materials. Buffer settings are as followed:

Buffer - 128
96Buffer - 256
192Buffer - 512

With these settings, KS Audio-GD works both on Jplaymini and also under Jriver with Jplay ASIO as the device. Set the buffer with Jplaysettings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back