Audio-GD Singularity 19
Aug 21, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #271 of 285
The S19 or DAC19 had different NOS design than NOS19.
In the S19 or DAC19, In NOS setting ,sound a bit warmer than 8x oversampling.
NOS19 had not warm sound , but soft or musical, even any NOS mode setting.
S19 is neutral or colder than DAC19.
Its sound flavor close the Singularity 7.
If customer want warmer sound as the DAC19, can custom order, we can adjust few parameter let them sound close.

I think this answers sum questions I had .

Another question comes to mind. If I custom order the S19 to sound warmer as the DAC19 will it be able to sound neutral as it should in original status?

Aug 22, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #272 of 285
Hi everyone I'm currently have modi 2 u plugged into lyr2 my headphones are hd700 . I'm looking for a better DAC . I was looking into the bimby but I read somewhere in this website that DAC-19 is better than bimby . The thing is I honestly don't know witch one is better the DAC-19 or the NOS-19 or this the singularity 19 ? Or what is the difference between them?

I think any of these will be a huge upgrade from modi 2 upper. But I want the best of them and will appreciate any advice from you guys.

I've owned or had extended days of auditioning the dacs you've mentioned. The Modi 2 U is a better dac than the S19 Singularity. Buy the Bimby. Better yet, buy the Modi Multibit and save a bunch of money.

Aug 22, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #273 of 285
I've owned or had extended days of auditioning the dacs you've mentioned. The Modi 2 U is a better dac than the S19 Singularity. Buy the Bimby. Better yet, buy the Modi Multibit and save a bunch of money.

YMMV.

I just did extensive A/Bing of a Sing 19, Denafrips Ares and Schiit Bimby this past weekend and found the Sing19/Ares far superior to the Bimby.

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #274 of 285
I emailed Kingwa.

im considering one of these two DAC .i like the warm sound that my tube amp brought me I think a warm sound will be better for me. But also I liked the idea of a neutral DAC That can go warm win needed.

So in the website it says:

but the warmer sound devices always can not adjust the sound become Neutral.

Another thing wen you said that in the NOS setup the S-19 and the DAC-19 sound warmer than the NOS-19 did you mean the neutral version or the warm.

Last question. You said ones that you can custom order the S-19 to sound like the DAC-19 . Did you mean the warm version or is the warm something entirely new sounding.

Can you send me a picture of the warm version inside I want to see what is the difference between them

This is the reply he sent.

Dear Sir,
The NOS 19 sound can not setting inside to become warm sound.
The DAC19 and Singularity 19 default sound is close neutral, but inside can through the jumpers setting they had more warmer sound, like the oversampling, default is 8x, you can setting it become 4x, 2x or 1x, lower sampling make the sound more warmer.
I think the DAC19 can get warmest sound of these 3 models.
Kingwa

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #281 of 285
I didn't think you tried to cause trouble, but I know firsthand, that the mere mentioning of you-know-who isn't welcomed.

Anyway I think they might be on to something, since while I didn't hear this DAC, I share their opinion on the NFB-1, which I listened to on 2 occasions before reading about it online and always had the same impressions.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #282 of 285
I still have and listen to my S-19 regularly. I guess I got a golden sample. I even took it to a meet last year looking for feedback and didn't get anything negative. It's a keeper for me.

May 22, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #284 of 285
Seriously, if you have no need for DSD and you have the space in your pc get a pci express pro sound card like the Lynx e22, RME HDSPe or Digigram vx222e. Better sound and no usb related nervosa. I dumped usb last year (and a bunch of stuff like the wyrd, regen, Singzer f-1 etc) and I couldn't be happier. I am not sure why it is not discussed more but computer to computer, laptop to laptop etc, usb computer output quality is way too variable. USB dac input cards also vary in quality. That's why some folks go on and on about how great a wyrd or regen are while others don't think they help.

I assume the vx222e sounds great, but how is the latency for running amp sims on with guitar on PC?

Aug 1, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #285 of 285
I happened upon one of these a while ago and I have no use for it anymore. Too big for my desk setup.

There is so little information on these that it is difficult to determine what it might be worth. Any thoughts on this? It will be my first sale on headfi so I wanted to check so that I don't list it for more than it is worth.

Also, I am pretty sure that my unit is a Singularity-19. However, the series number says "D-19"... which would indicate a DAC-19. After comparing the internals to the pictures on the website I am pretty confident that either the series number has nothing to do with the model or this one is not marked correctly. I can post some pictures later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back