Audio-gd Reference 7 Loaner Program (USA)
Sep 4, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #31 of 370
Quote:
Currawong said:

Just an update: The Ref 7 will be on its way soon to GuyDebord in NY, where it will move West, ending up early next year in California with Uncle Erik (and moonboy403, whom I haven't contacted yet).  I don't see any reason, after that, why it can't head back east if there is still a lot of interest.

Unless there are people who are willing to double-box or completely re-box, I would advise against adding too many people to the loaner program. Re-shipping a single box too many times will eventually make the box unusable. I can fairly easily double-box or re-box if necessary but doubt that too many other people would be able or willing.

Sep 7, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #32 of 370
Any updates?

I'm hoping the participants will be posting their impressions here.

Sep 7, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #33 of 370
It will only have been posted off yesterday, since I had to confirm the order people would get it, so it's going to be a few weeks yet.

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #35 of 370
I would love to be a part of this. I would love to compare it to my Eastern Electronic Minimax. Please include me if at all possible. I do not have a balanced setup but I think I have plenty of high grade equipment. 

Sep 9, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #37 of 370
I wont be adding anyone else to the program until it has reached Uncle Erik next year.  People are welcome to show their interest though and we'll what condition it and the box are in then.  

Sep 11, 2010 at 12:09 PM Post #42 of 370
First of all, an applause with many thanks to Kingwa and Currawong for making this happen and of course to the fantastic community of Head-Fi!

No words for the moment, but I hope the pictures speak for themselves as a first look. The box arrived 5 hours ago, the dac is already connected and I have been using it instead of the Lyngdorf DPA-1 which I was using as my main dac together with a naim dac. I have decided to do the testing on my speaker system rather than my Stax rig, as much as I love my Staxen, they cannot even approach the feet of my Kharma CRM 3.2FE's.

The associated equipment for COMPARISON will be the following:

DACs:
  1. Lyngdorf DPA-1
  2. Logitech Transporter
  3. Naim DAC

Digital cables:
  1. Siltech Golden Ridge AES/EBU and Coax
  2. van den Hul Digicoupler and Opticoupler

Power cables (all driven by the PS Audio Power Plant Premier):
  1. Oyaide Tunami GPX-R
  2. Nordost Brahma and Vishnu
  3. Siltech SPX30mk2

Interconnects:
  1. Kharma Grand Reference XLR's
  2. Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II XLR and RCA's

All the other related equipment can be found in my signature under "speaker system"

So far I have noticed a wider soundstage in a laid back kind of way vs the Lyngdorf. Also there was significantly less bass impact with the Ref. 7, however this is changing fast. It only has been playing for less than 4 hours, I really dont expect much at this stage. I will of course continue to post my impressions. CLICK AT THE LINK BELLOW, Enjoy!

CLICK HERE >>>>>>> BOX OPENING AND FIRST PICTURES OF THE AUDIO GD REFERENCE 7 DAC<<<<<<<< CLICK HERE

Sep 11, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #43 of 370
RESERVE
popcorn.gif

Sep 11, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #45 of 370
Wow that's a nice looking setup :).

Kingwa advises users to put a sheet of paper underneath the ref 7 if it is sitting on another audio equipment because the feet is aluminum and chassis is ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back