1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio-GD Reference 1 DAC DSP-1 V5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (2)
  1. lmswjm
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Here's my Audio-GD Reference 1 DAC up for sale. $75 shipped CONUS. It has the same DSP (V5) as the Reference 7.1 which I am currently using. It is in very good condition. Kept in my smoke-free home.

I compared this very unit connected to the Phoenix against Antelope Audio's Zodiac Gold with Voltikus power supply. To the say the least, I was surprised that the Antelope did not out-perform the Ref1/Phoenix combo. So instead, I purchased the Ref 7.1/Master 6 combination. IMO, the Ref 1 executes at least 90% of the performance of the 7.1 . When I first compared the two DAC's, I was disappointed in the Ref 7.1. The Ref 1 was just as clear and natural sounding to me. It took a while for me to realize that the mids/upper mids were presented in a subtly better way with the 7.1.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Ebay feedback:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=lmswjm&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

2. lmswjm
    Bumping for Update / Posting Date's sake...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.