Audio-gd R2R DAC Thread
Sep 21, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #556 of 1,265
hi everybody.
i purchased a r2r 7 he to replace my he7 i am currently selling.
I have updated it to the v2 firmware smooth/accurate, thanks to the informations shared on this post :)
I am now trying to identify the best jumper setting.
Currently I only have bypass jumper on, which I think, sets the NOS mode 3 8x oversampling. Is that correct?
What are your experiments and best settings?
Do we have some recap table or something somewhere in the post?
Thanks!
Hi, this should be posted on the R2R7 & R8 post. - I am trying to see if I can repost this there

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #557 of 1,265
How good is your ac line???
If lps1.2 better, your ac line bad.you must be using power regenerator.

Sep 22, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #558 of 1,265
Studer 900 board more details but little colored vs sigma11. Lt1963 more neutral. For best sound I using both.not so warm, detailed, airy, forward, deep....perfect for me!

Sep 22, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #559 of 1,265
Audio gd never use 3 stage step down regulators. Too big.but sound get little better

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #560 of 1,265
Thinking of want to upgrade my ifi micro IDSD as i think I don't need a very powerful headphone amplifier.Some people tell me that the audio gd r2r 11 dac sounds better.Does this dac worth the upgrade?someone have try to use the usb with Android?

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #561 of 1,265
Thinking of want to upgrade my ifi micro IDSD as i think I don't need a very powerful headphone amplifier.Some people tell me that the audio gd r2r 11 dac sounds better.Does this dac worth the upgrade?someone have try to use the usb with Android?
I have used with Android. It works with my Galaxy S8 and Moto X 2, however it is sensitive to the cable. You have to try different cables to figure which works best. This is also true with PC, but it looks like, in my case, the cable is more important with the phone than with PC, particularly with my Moto X 2. Possibly because the phone produces more noise.

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #562 of 1,265
I don’t think it’s a direct upgrade, it’s more like an upgrade in a different path.

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #563 of 1,265
Don’t use Android but the amp is a significant upgrade over the ifi, the dac like the previous poster said is different but not necessarily better or worse.

Sep 30, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #564 of 1,265
I don’t think it’s a direct upgrade, it’s more like an upgrade in a different path.
You can be right too,last few weeks i was going to an audition but not long enough because of the traffic,thr seller also stated that the r2r sound better than the ifi delta sigma dac,it sounds more like a vinyl means more analog sound,the ifi was good too,never heard a bad review from ifi product.

Sep 30, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #565 of 1,265
You can be right too,last few weeks i was going to an audition but not long enough because of the traffic,thr seller also stated that the r2r sound better than the ifi delta sigma dac,it sounds more like a vinyl means more analog sound,the ifi was good too,never heard a bad review from ifi product.
Note that users find DSD files are not played well or properly with R2R 11.

Sep 30, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #570 of 1,265
It works well to play dsd when i try the DAC,maybe firmware need to update?
Mainly DSD 256 and 128. Some have issues with Iso files. The separate process for DSD is not as state of the art as the R2R but still sounding pretty damn good on R2R1 and R-7 at least seems to be as good or better than the older multi-bit SD chips but then it depends on how one implement it. If DSD is important the Signal delta DACs are safer. In the end one needs 2 separate types Of DACs for PCM and DSD separately. But in general R2R 11 is apparently having issues with DSD, per users on this site. I only own the R2R7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back