Audio-GD NFB-2 & NFB-3 Delivery & Impression Thread
Mar 11, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #541 of 1,577
Funny, I got exactly the same message (except for NFB-3 being NFB-2)!
Including the 'brun in'....... In Dutch this sounds like someone who is getting a tan while lying on the beach
biggrin.gif
. I think we'll be receiving some totally relaxed NFBs!

Uh-oh. You got the exact same message from Edwin? As in "bit-perfect," other than the "2" or "3" trailing the "NFB-" text string prefix? Ultrainferno and I are working on a comedy routine via private messages, and I think this could be new grist for the mill.

At least you'll get to meet Ultrainferno in person at that Amsterdam meet. Demand that he show you the high-end audio brochures I sent him via snail-mail that I wrote back in the 1980s. Pass them around Amsterdam; make photocopies; I have many more of the originals!

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #543 of 1,577
Keep the faith, brother!

Mine has shipped....supposedly...(Although I've yet to receive a tracking number).  I plan on posting as soon as it arrives, though; perhaps with some unpacking & set-up pics!

Mar 14, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #546 of 1,577

Quote:
Very nice Aegir. 
beerchug.gif
        We can never lose the faith....How are they shipping nowadays?  EMS?

You can choose what type of shipping you want. EMS, DHL,...
I just got a message saying there's another delay, but it should ship out this month. That probably means near mid april or something.

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #547 of 1,577

I was expecting his usual reply "shipping this week",but I got something different this week - It says shipping next week
mad.gif

Mar 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #548 of 1,577
I am seriously considering buying an NFB-2. My only issue is I just ordered a used V-DAC yesterday, which is fine except they seem to want upfront payment on the NFB, and I would prefer to save a few dollars over the next month or 2 before it ships. I wish there were some more impressions to convince me to buy it. The DAC19 seems to be well respected.

Mar 15, 2011 at 8:33 AM Post #549 of 1,577
Just let them know you will pay when they are ready to ship. When Kingwa handled most communications he used to tell people to pay when they are ready to ship, not when they place order.  I doubt they'd change that unless they've been getting prank orders or something :p.

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #551 of 1,577

Quote:
Just let them know you will pay when they are ready to ship. When Kingwa handled most communications he used to tell people to pay when they are ready to ship, not when they place order.  I doubt they'd change that unless they've been getting prank orders or something :p.

Thanks. The order form says "After you payed,please include your shipping address and telephone number to the list", which is why i thought that.

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #552 of 1,577
This dac is getting better and better with burn in 
atsmile.gif

Has anyone noticed that it's output is quite loud through RCA, i can barely turn up the volume on my pre amp and in the range it is now(7-8 o'clock) i don't really trust the pot.

In my experience pots sound best 9 o'clock and later, this would also give me some more room to play at a low volume.

So far i'm using the volume control in foobar but that is not ideal i think, those of you that also have a C2/C2.1 do you notice anything like this when comparing RCA to ACSS?

Mar 15, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #555 of 1,577

[size=medium]
I didn't explain it correctly i don't have the C2/C2.1 myself but im considering it, i guess you didnt get the chance to compare it to the ACSS connection?
Good to know though that it works properly with the RCA atleast.
[/size]

Quote:
That's what the gain switch is for. It only works using RCA outputs. Mine was also too loud so I used the lower setting.

Vinylman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back