Audio-GD NFB-12
Apr 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #2,251 of 2,278
I ask because to me the high gain seem to have better dynamics with a healthier bottom end (on the NFB11 btw).

High gain on variable when using my passive monitors

Low gain on fixed when going to the Little Dot.  The LD has plenty of power anyway - so makes no sense going high gain and raising the noise floor.

Apr 1, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #2,252 of 2,278
You'll probably find that you're listening slightly louder on high gain (ie not volume matched between high and low). It's a common mistake to make. High gain is doing nothing except raise the volume- so things like "dynamics" can't be affected.

Next time you compare - try either raising the volume on low or lowering it on high.

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,253 of 2,278
I'll level match wIth my db meter tonight and loop a 10sec dynamic segment. I could be wrong with the level match but even when i raised the volume on my amp it seems to still have a thinner bass.

You'll probably find that you're listening slightly louder on high gain (ie not volume matched between high and low). It's a common mistake to make. High gain is doing nothing except raise the volume- so things like "dynamics" can't be affected.

Next time you compare - try either raising the volume on low or lowering it on high.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #2,254 of 2,278
Will be very interested to see your findings. What headphones are you using?

Apr 3, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #2,256 of 2,278
Hi everyone, wondering if anyone can tell me about pairing the nFB12 with a senn HD700?

Im looking at the toslink input from an audioengine b1, playing spotify and lossless from my iTunes. My current amp is a Schiit Vali paired with a jurassic superpro 707 (Wonderful expansive cirrus logic chip).

To me the hd700 sounds similar to my dt880/600 and im wondering if i should get the NFB12 ir the NfB11? Also will they be a step up from the vali/superpro? Thanks!

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #2,261 of 2,278
  Hi Guys!

Does anyone have any experience pairing the NFB-12 with the HE-6?

A couple years ago I had a setup at a Head-fi gathering that included my NFB-12. A couple people came by with their HE-6's.
(First, I have to say that I'm a little biased... the HE-6 is one of my favorite cans. If I could find a closed can with that sound, it would be mine... instantly!!)

My feeling at the time was that the NFB-12 had more than enough power and head-room for the HE's. It seemed like a great combo. There was plenty of slam and reserve. And the sound was... well... wonderful.

Hope that helped or was what you were looking for.

Cheers

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,264 of 2,278
Look into the NFB-15.  It is the successor to the NFB-12

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #2,265 of 2,278
Hi all! Am very new to this board but hope this is the right place to post my question:
My NFB-12 started to have random power drops a few days ago without any change in my setup.

This happened the 2nd time in the years I own the NFB-12 (not sure, ~5 years). The 1st time (~2 years ago) I sent it back to Audio-gd and got it back with the notification that no error was detected. But it worked flawlessly afterward until now.

A 2nd round-trip to Hong Kong is simply too expensive for my taste. A visual check did not show any obvious fault.

So I wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar behavior on your equipment and/or maybe some advise?

Greetings
B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back