Audio-GD NFB 12.1 driver prevents windows from sleep/shut down?
Jul 22, 2012 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

zakazak

Head-Fier
Hey there, since I got my NFB 12.1 it looks like it prevents my Windows 7 x64 Prof. from going to sleep or shutting down. If I use windows the whole day without powering on the NFB 12.1 then sleep/shut down works fine. As soon as I once power the NFB 12.1 on (even if I power it off afterwards) windows will not go into sleep or shut down anymore.

Anyone has an idea why? Maybe my USB-Power settings on my laptop?

Thanks

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
Hey there, since I got my NFB 12.1 it looks like it prevents my Windows 7 x64 Prof. from going to sleep or shutting down. If I use windows the whole day without powering on the NFB 12.1 then sleep/shut down works fine. As soon as I once power the NFB 12.1 on (even if I power it off afterwards) windows will not go into sleep or shut down anymore.

Anyone has an idea why? Maybe my USB-Power settings on my laptop?

Thanks

Sorry - no ideas - but it's not the "Audio-gd NFB-12 driver" - they don't release one.  They just use the standard windows audio stack and drivers.  If there is a problem - it's definitely a Windows one ......

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 7
Okay thanks... I wonder what Windows 7 problem it could be ?

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Does your laptop have the connections to use optical? If yes - try that and see if you have same issue. If optical works fine then you've at least narrowed it to the Windows USB drivers.

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 7
I only have the SPID/F which locks like a 3.5mm AUX. so I have no cable that I could use for testing :p

Jul 22, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #6 of 7
That's what I'd be checking if it's important to you.  Get the appropriate adaptor plug and a good value optical cable.  If nothing else it gives you another option for connectivity as well.

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 7
are you sure it's different than before?  No matter what gear I have hooked to my computer, if I have itunes up and running it will not go to sleep or turn off. It also wont turn off if a device is steaming off my computer. It's a nice feature really since I wouldn't want my computer shutting down when it's supplying music to my stereo that's on a different floor of the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back