Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jun 22, 2016 at 9:52 AM Post #2,222 of 3,093
Got my NFB-11 today, and I was underwhelmed by how usual its sound was. I've tried HE-500, HD650 and AKG k701, and wasn't impressed.

Sound got interesting after I added Little Dot MKIII to the mix, using HE-500. Now I can hear new things in my music.

Audio-gd says they burn-in units before shipping, so I wonder why it sounded to usual. I'm comparing to HDVD 800.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2,224 of 3,093
Guys, I have a question for you. Is there any way to defferentiate the absolutely first NFB-11(absolutely first model) and its successor NFB-11.32?

I have my finger on the trigger for one deal, which is +- 4 years old NFB-11 or 11.32, which is yet not 100% clarified and I have heard about issues with the original (former) NFB-11 problems with the USB transport...

Thank you as always. :)

Jul 19, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #2,227 of 3,093
Hello everybody :)
I own NFB-11 now .. and I've got some questions and I need your help.
First , what are the best settings of the best sound in those two photos ?
( what should I mark and what shouldn't in the first one )

in the second photo , do I choose Hz 192000 or Hz 384000 ? but just for a record , the sound doesn't appear in vedio files such as K-lite and Powerdvd ...etc ... Why ?

my last questions : how do I know if the Dac works or doesn't ? Can I turn the Dac on/off or it works automatically ? because I asked for LYR 2 and I'll use Audio GD such as Dac . 
thanks

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #2,228 of 3,093

in the second photo , do I choose Hz 192000 or Hz 384000 ? but just for a record , the sound doesn't appear in video files such as K-lite and Powerdvd ...etc ... Why ?

my last questions : how do I know if the Dac works or doesn't ? Can I turn the Dac on/off or it works automatically ? because I asked for LYR 2 and I'll use Audio GD such as Dac . 
thanks

If all your listening to is mp3 or FLAC files or Internet video or watching DVD movies, then setting the audio to 24-bit/48K will be fine.

Just remember Cyberlinks PowerDVD software is limited to 16-bit/48K, for Blu-ray, so setting audio to 24-bit/48K will be also be fine for Blu-ray movies.

I really doubt you have any audio that is 384,000K, so can't see any reason for using the 384,000K setting.

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #2,229 of 3,093

in the second photo , do I choose Hz 192000 or Hz 384000 ? but just for a record , the sound doesn't appear in vedio files such as K-lite and Powerdvd ...etc ... Why ?

thanks

I suggest you use wasapi or asio, asio needs a separate driver from audio-gd website, wasapi doesn't, just needs plugin. Both are exclusive mode which means that all of these settings won't matter anyway. For non exclusive mode such as normal windows sound or youtube etc., I recommend just leaving it at 16bit 44100hz.

You can also get exclusive mode for videos with mpc-be by using mpc audio renderer in audio settings.

Aug 21, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #2,235 of 3,093
Having a problem I'm hoppeing someone can give me some insight.

Have a 2014 NFB-11 (with the 2015 35w PSU upgrade). It's been running fine on my Laptop that was upgaded to windows 10 without issue for months. I just built a new PC running Windows 10 Pro and the drivers fail to install and I can't seem to get it to install.

Anyone run into this issue? salutations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back