Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
May 13, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #2,206 of 3,093
  Hello all ..
I want to upgrade to Windows 10 but I am afraid that the NFB-11 does not work well with the new system
Do USB32 driver version 2 works well with Windows 10? Or kept the Windows 8.1

works flawlessly for me

May 13, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #2,208 of 3,093
May 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #2,211 of 3,093
  I am very sorry but my English is very weak .. explicitly you need to Google translate so I can understand speech well

don't worry,  I just wanted to make it clear :)

May 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,212 of 3,093
install steps (if something goes bad after upgrade):

uninstall driver if it still appears
restart
install driver from audio gd site  
restart
power on device after windows is fully loaded (and wait for the system to automatically recognise the device)
done

May 13, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #2,213 of 3,093
  http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php You can do driver matching test. Another way to test imbalance is to downmix channels to mono, but I found this isn't so easy. Make sure you got all the settings correct on Windows, software etc. Try plugging in something else to see if it's the NFB-11.

Thanks for this. Did the driver matching test, closed my eyes and listened hard and the sound was in the center throughout all the frequencies. So apparently the hardware is fine. The issue seems to be with the user. 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Tested with the HD800s. With the HE-400 there were some noticeable deviations in some frequencies.

May 13, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #2,215 of 3,093
I don't install the optional driver and NFB-11 has worked OK for me on Windows 10.

As far as I know asio usage needs driver installation. I've just used it as instructed.

May 13, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #2,217 of 3,093
  Thanks for this. Did the driver matching test, closed my eyes and listened hard and the sound was in the center throughout all the frequencies. So apparently the hardware is fine. The issue seems to be with the user. 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Tested with the HD800s. With the HE-400 there were some noticeable deviations in some frequencies.

Hifiman is not so great with driver matching...it is normal. I'm glad the HD800 was centered throughout. I would assume Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic are the only manufacturers with proper driver matching. 

May 15, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,218 of 3,093
^^ my 400i was spot on though

May 25, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #2,219 of 3,093
  install steps (if something goes bad after upgrade):

uninstall driver if it still appears
restart
install driver from audio gd site  
restart
power on device after windows is fully loaded (and wait for the system to automatically recognise the device)
done

You're a savior :D

Just got my NFB 11 and could not get the drivers to work right ^_^

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,220 of 3,093
I got the NFB-11 last week for my HD650s. I was sort of let down at first as it didnt blow me away.

But boy after a couple of days... it finally settled in on me and it blew me away! I love it, listening to music is so addictive now. I start and find it hard to stop.

Everything is much clearer and crisp. Some songs do sound harsh, but thats just some and just have to turn the volume down. It picks up all the details and instrumental music shines. Electronica is great too. The bass before having an amp (Yes i wasnt using an amp with the 650s before) was very small and I couldnt feel it. It is 100 times better with the nfb-11. I wouldnt say they are bass headphones and amps but the bass is there, clear and present and complimenting the music very well.

The whole experience as a whole is much much better. I can just lay back and listen to music as it rolls over me. So it was worth the 392 USD i paid for it haha. Came to 527 australian dollars at the time I bought it. Quite pricey. But well worth it.

I am concerned about dust accumulation through the opening at the top. Any suggestion on how to deal with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back