Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 21, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,131 of 3,093
god this is painfully sharp to me vs my o2odac.... guess im not a fan of "detail"....****, idk how to reurn it of if i should sell it on ebay or what now :S

If you are comparing the ODAC to the DAC in the NFB-11 by switching the cable back and forth to your speakers, yes. The treble should be stronger if you have the NFB-11 set to fixed output. The ODAC's output is rated 2 VRMS; the line out when set to fixed on the NFB-11 is 2.5 VRMS. It should be louder overall.

To properly compare them, you would need to level match them using an SPL meter.

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,133 of 3,093
god this is painfully sharp to me vs my o2odac.... guess im not a fan of "detail"....****, idk how to reurn it of if i should sell it on ebay or what now :S

I think with their recent factory move, they've had to skip out on burn-in times. It was a few days of use/burn-in before my DAC-19 received last week lost it's excessive treble and sibilance.

Let it play overnight and for a few days and give it another go. You should hear the typical Audio-gd neutral house soon enough.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,134 of 3,093
I think with their recent factory move, they've had to skip out on burn-in times. It was a few days of use/burn-in before my DAC-19 received last week lost it's excessive treble and sibilance.

Let it play overnight and for a few days and give it another go. You should hear the typical Audio-gd neutral house soon enough.

It all good. I ended up buying it from him to power my zmf Blackwood (Zach actually uses audio-gd to tune his stuff.) I have fond memories of the nfb-28, so I'm assuming this will be the same basic sound.

Apr 22, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #2,135 of 3,093

Did you get it with the TXCO upgrade? I may be willing to buy it :)

Apr 23, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,137 of 3,093
Apr 23, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #2,138 of 3,093
  ..........can you please elaborate as to why 

It's inaccurate to say tune. He listens to them to make sure they were tuned right with Audio-GD stuff. I believe it was a Master Series, but I can't remember. He has a lot of gear.

Apr 24, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #2,139 of 3,093
still nice info and says something about audio g d
pretty impressed with the sound of this entry level dac.....makes you wanna jump on the higher end models as well (although prolly sound quality increase shouldn't be directly correlated with the price increase ) :)

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,140 of 3,093
Hi all :)

I received today NFB-11 Excellent performance with me
But I faced a problem is that it does not come out the sound when you play video files, k-lite, for example,
In foobar The sound works fine
What solution to this problem?

PLZ Help

*Sorry 4 My Bad ENG*

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,141 of 3,093
pretty impressed with the sound of this entry level dac.....makes you wanna jump on the higher end models as well (although prolly sound quality increase shouldn't be directly correlated with the price increase ) :)

Higher price gear tends to have superior performance, but of course that is not the case with all equipment. More importance is matching it right with other gear. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #2,142 of 3,093

But I faced a problem is that it does not come out the sound when you play video files, k-lite, for example,

PLZ Help

*Sorry 4 My Bad ENG*

It might be just a matter of output selections, both in foobar and windows mixer. Keep in mind that going with bit perfect output will cancel any other simultaneously playing source.

Higher price gear tends to have superior performance, but of course that is not the case with all equipment. More importance is matching it right with other gear. 

You might be right, but if it's better it should not matter that much the pairing. If it's more important the pairing then it's not better, it's just different. Will see :))

Apr 25, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #2,143 of 3,093

Set the audio gd as the default playback device in Windows mixer.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #2,144 of 3,093

I'll know tomorrow how it compares to the NFB-11, but the NFB-28 was, for me, superior to the Bimby/Val2, Bifrost/Soloist, and other expensive combos I've tried in the past. I had to get rid of it then for some issues, but the guy I sold it to raves about it a lot.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #2,145 of 3,093

I'll know tomorrow how it compares to the NFB-11, but the NFB-28 was, for me, superior to the Bimby/Val2, Bifrost/Soloist, and other expensive combos I've tried in the past. I had to get rid of it then for some issues, but the guy I sold it to raves about it a lot.

well I have no issues atm and have tested through and through ..... already pondering the high route as well :) as I see myself needing 2 setups quite soon
your issues were defects or some quirks in operation that didn't suit your needs ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back