Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Apr 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #2,071 of 3,093

​sorry if I didn't get it by now and I should have, but do you own also the 650s ?
what's the eta on your nfb11 ?

yeah i have quite a few dac/amps and headphones - but most of them collect dust, my sennheiser hd650 and o2odac are what i use the most along with jbl studio monitors. i did not order the nfb-11 yet, i may have to wait til next month because i bought a ton of stuff this month as it is, but hoping to get it ASAP.

Apr 7, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #2,072 of 3,093
was curious about the pairing :)
would dig a bit to see if I can find more tips on headphones that go well with the nfb11

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,073 of 3,093
I sent them an email to start the buying process :D 

i like audiogd's setup, seems very quality and its funny cus lot of people think of made in china as a bad thing, but these guys are an independent chinese company and buying factory direct ftw!

i love seeing this in my email :D

專敬的客户:感谢您联系我们,我们将尽快回复您

i have no idea what that means, but it seems beautiful and screams quality!

rather than 左宗棠雞 or something. (this is a very funny post if you can read chinese :D

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #2,074 of 3,093
You won't be disappointed. Drives my HD 600s very nicely though I'd imagine the 650s would be an even better pairing.

I don't like to have more than 2 headphones for my desktop set up so usually I just leave a headphone plugged into my NFB 11. I love having that output selector switch on the front so I can switch to speakers without unplugging. That was a big selling point for me in addition to the transparency and power output. It's got plenty of juice to power hard to drive headphones like planars and I do plan to get one eventually. I don't see myself needing another dac or SS amp with the NFB 11.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,075 of 3,093
@ Darien, you should hurry as I think this year will be the last for the nfb11 :wink:

@ Wuhanclan, from what I've read the 600 quite different to the 650. Why do you say it would be better ? Have you heard it in combination with the 650 and seemed a better team mate for the neutral nfb11?

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #2,076 of 3,093
@ Darien, you should hurry as I think this year will be the last for the nfb11
wink.gif

Where did you read that? 

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #2,077 of 3,093
@ Wuhanclan, from what I've read the 600 quite different to the 650. Why do you say it would be better ? Have you heard it in combination with the 650 and seemed a better team mate for the neutral nfb11?

this conversation is going in circles. like it's been said before, the nfb-11 is a transparent and neutral dac, so with the neutral 600s you will get a neutral sound, and with the 650hds you will get neutral with a little bit of warmth.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,079 of 3,093
With the NFB-11, you can really expect how the cans will sound without any coloration from the amp. The DAC section is responsible for any sparkle, hint of brightness or sibilance that you wouldn't get with any other warmer DAC or amp combination.

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #2,080 of 3,093

Where did you read that? 

​not read, direct info

this conversation is going in circles. like it's been said before, the nfb-11 is a transparent and neutral dac, so with the neutral 600s you will get a neutral sound, and with the 650hds you will get neutral with a little bit of warmth.

any idea where the 555 would fit in this spectrum ?

Apr 8, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #2,081 of 3,093
  cant wait to get my nfb-11, i been wanting a dac/amp that has a good bit of size and weight to it, so it doesn't slide across my desk with my headphones cable (i like to keep my headphones plugged in) i got the rubber feet on the o2odac and it still slides around cus its so small, but hoping the nfb-11 will be a lot bigger and meaner and be like "look here headphone cable, u dont pull me -  i pull you!" 

We're waiting for comparisons once the NFB11 arrives :)

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,082 of 3,093
​not read, direct info

any idea where the 555 would fit in this spectrum ?

Can you link to where they say nfb-11 will be discontinued? I'd like to read about it

Idk how the 555s sound, but either way with a transparent DAC you should get a cleaner sound with more detai. People complaining about a sabre DAC being too sharp usually are using headphones that already have a sharp signature unless you use them with a tube amp, like the hd800.

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #2,083 of 3,093
Like I said before: there is nothing to read, it's direct info. You can ask yourself and since Audio-G.D. seem to be an honest company they will tell you. Probably they want to focus on the high end and close the entry level range. So unless you are fine with sh products jump on board while you can.

Will wait then to see how it pans out with the 555, but not knowing what I'm missing might haunt me :))

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #2,084 of 3,093
Like I said before: there is nothing to read, it's direct info. You can ask yourself and since Audio-G.D. seem to be an honest company they will tell you. Probably they want to focus on the high end and close the entry level range. So unless you are fine with sh products jump on board while you can.

Will wait then to see how it pans out with the 555, but not knowing what I'm missing might haunt me
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Yeah I asked because I emailed kingwa yesterday and he said they don't have any plans to discontinue the nfb-11 anytime soon. What do you mean by "sh products" ? Yeah until you can hear it for yourself there is nothing more we can tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back