Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jan 6, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,561 of 3,093
  Thank you! I have also not decided on whether I should get the NFB-11 or NFB-15. Any opinions? My headphones is the HE-400i.

Both would be good. NFB-11 is for warmer headphones, NFB-15 for neutral/brighter ones.
I considered the HE-400i a bit warm, but your mileage may vary. Both would sound good!

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #1,564 of 3,093
  Both would be good. NFB-11 is for warmer headphones, NFB-15 for neutral/brighter ones.
I considered the HE-400i a bit warm, but your mileage may vary. Both would sound good!

Good to know.  Just got my HE-400i today. :D

Can anyone recommend a reasonable audiophile USB cable to use with the NFB-11?  I've been eyeing either the Audioquest Cinnamon or Carbon.  Can anyone suggest something else in the $100 price range?

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,565 of 3,093
you just need to spend 10 bucks for a Belkin gold... I remember a review of several usb cables in the online version of TAS, where the el cheapo shined between much more expensive options. 

If you need to spend money, just do it in a more expensive Audio-Gd amp/dac ... It would make more (sonic) sense ...

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #1,566 of 3,093
  you just need to spend 10 bucks for a Belkin gold... I remember a review of several usb cables in the online version of TAS, where the el cheapo shined between much more expensive options. 

If you need to spend money, just do it in a more expensive Audio-Gd amp/dac ... It would make more (sonic) sense ...

I've been reading a lot of posts where people are comparing between Wireworld, Pangea, Audioquest, etc. cables, and I was just wondering if I can improve over my cheapo cable, or would an upgrade like that make more sense with higher end gear?  I'm currently using an NFB-11.32 with HE-400i cans.

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,567 of 3,093
  I've been reading a lot of posts where people are comparing between Wireworld, Pangea, Audioquest, etc. cables, and I was just wondering if I can improve over my cheapo cable, or would an upgrade like that make more sense with higher end gear?  I'm currently using an NFB-11.32 with HE-400i cans.

I did my experiments and concluded that a good 10-15 bucks usb cable, nicely shielded is enough (Belkin- Hama- etc)... i didn't notice any improvements with more expensive cables . For me, the answer is clear ... put the money in upgraded amp/dacs ...

Jan 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #1,569 of 3,093
  There is no such thing as audiophile USB cables...6ft USB cable on Amazon for $5 is enough.

Thanks for your scientific response.  I'll take that into account.

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #1,570 of 3,093
I am facing a peculiar issue with my nfb-11. Somwtime when I turns off any switch on my house( other lights, fan etc) NFB 11 goes on mute. I have to turn the nfb11 off and on for it to work properly. Is it a surge issue? I am not facing issues with other appliances in the audio chain (Nuc, amp). Any idea what could be the issue. The nfb11 is connected through a trip lite surge protector...

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #1,574 of 3,093
Good to know.  Just got my HE-400i today. :D

Can anyone recommend a reasonable audiophile USB cable to use with the NFB-11?  I've been eyeing either the Audioquest Cinnamon or Carbon.  Can anyone suggest something else in the $100 price range?

Please just use the usb cable that is provided with the nfb11. Or spend $100 on a usb cable which is over 1/3 the price of the amp/dac and a/b yourself. Or you could spend that extra 100 on a higher up audio-gd product. Or maybe do a little research into usb cables and i dont just mean marketing speak from cable companys. Good luck!

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #1,575 of 3,093
Hi,

this DAC/AMP seems very great in all aspects (and good pricing), currently I own the iFi micro iDSD for my portable setup, but I'm looking for a full desktop solution, now my question is should this be a good pair for my Sennheiser HD800 and Grado RS2 in terms of power output and neutral sounding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back