Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 27, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #1,366 of 3,093
  I have some extra money thinking of buying an AMP / DAC to attach to the NFB-11. Any suggestions? Is this even necessary / possible? I want to make an upgrade to the NFB 11 and was wondering if I could... Thanks a lot.

You want to buy a DAC/Amp to attach to a NFB-11??  you can't attach a DAC to the NFB-11, as the NFB-11 only comes with a Digital input.
But you also want to upgrade to the NFB-11??
So I'm assuming you looking at buying the NFB-11 and want to option of being able to hook a DAC/Amp to the NFB-11?
I would think the NFB-11 is just fine by itself.

Jul 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,373 of 3,093
I would say the Little dot MK 2 if you can find one cheap on ebay like I did, you might get lucky and get a 2.0 version too. I know amazon some times sell the MK I model which is a hybrid tube-amp, which uses a op-amp and tube. I not good at giving good detail, but I found the MK2 to work every well for me, I haven't had any issues with it, but the manual translations so sub par and even funny at times and I have used it with the NFB15.32 I had before I moved on to this bifrost. There a change you may not like the stock tube's that come with the MK2 but there a chance that you might, If luck is on your side you may find some one selling it with better tubes either in the sell section.

Jul 27, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,375 of 3,093
The only tube amp I've ever tried was a speaker amp that was used half a dozen times and has been sitting in storage for over a year now. However, I have been looking at the Project Ember...

From what I understand tube amps, or just the tubes, are really picky in regards to headphones. But that's the advantage of tube rolling.

The question should be not what amp to pair with your dac, rather what amp to pair with your headphone! 
rolleyes.gif

If you check the threads for the primary phones you're using I'm sure there will be plenty of good recommendations. 

Currently I'm overjoyed with the NFB 11 and DSD/DXD output! What a great and solid product from Audio GD. 

Will be looking for more power from that company down the line. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #1,379 of 3,093
  he560s

Well, have not listened to the HE-560s (yet).  I have listened to the HE-500s with the 11.32 and I have connected various tube amps to the 11.32 the last couple years.

With that budget and being able to drive various headphones beautifully, I would go with the Mapletree Ear+ HD.

I have connected it to various A-GD gear including the 11.32 and it's a great match.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back