Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Jul 15, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #1,336 of 3,093
After 3 hours listening to it i have some more impressions:

- The audio *pop* is present when listening sessions (1 minute or more without audio)
- Sometimes the start of the track is lost (like the device is being restarted), something like1 second of the music is lost when the NFB-11 is idle for more than 1 minute.
- He really is super neutral
- Amazing sound quality with 32bit FLACs.

--- Now the questions !

1 - Im using this as my main PC audio source, how can i use windows to control its volume ?
2 - I cant use a lot of programs with the 384khz option ! (skype, ventrilo and lots of others just make a beeeeeeeep noise)
3 - Is there a way to fix the audio pop issue ?
4 - I cant install the Via package =/

Thanks for the help guys.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #1,337 of 3,093
  After 3 hours listening to it i have some more impressions:

- The audio *pop* is present when listening sessions (1 minute or more without audio)
- Sometimes the start of the track is lost (like the device is being restarted), something like1 second of the music is lost when the NFB-11 is idle for more than 1 minute.
- He really is super neutral
- Amazing sound quality with 32bit FLACs.

--- Now the questions !

1 - I'm using this as my main PC audio source, how can i use windows to control its volume ?
2 - I cant use a lot of programs with the 32bit option ! (skype, ventrilo and lots of others just make a beeeeeeeep noise)
3 - Is there a way to fix the audio pop issue ?
4 - I can't install the Via package =/

Thanks for the help guys.

You can have windows control the volume....but.
It's usually best to max (75%-&100) the volume on the source (Your win PC) and use the external's volume knob.

Your not the only one with issues with the VIA software package, as VIA writes the software, Audio-GD can only sit and wait, like everyone else, for VIA to issue updates and fixes.

You might want to make sure the motherboard's on-board audio is disabled, in the BIOS.
I would assume normally on-board does not cause issues with USB driver installations, but you never know.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #1,339 of 3,093
The one second lost thing is normal and so are the associated pops.
It's the muting relay design.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #1,340 of 3,093
  Strange, i cant control the volume thru the windows =/

Thanks for the help.

this is normal, it works the same way with my NAD D 3020 windows volume has no effect.

Also I asked Kingwa if he had any updates from VIA, he said they have made a new driver and he has asked them to do more tests before releasing it.

Shouldn't be too long now!

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM Post #1,341 of 3,093
  this is normal, it works the same way with my NAD D 3020 windows volume has no effect.

Also I asked Kingwa if he had any updates from VIA, he said they have made a new driver and he has asked them to do more tests before releasing it.

Shouldn't be too long now!

Great to know !

Yesterday, playing while listening to Aimp, the sound became metallic and static. After checking every thing associated i find out that if i let the device operate in 32bit 192khz mode, this problem disappears.

This is very strange, because it was working normally at 384khz. But when two program start sending sound to the NFB it start to become erratic and metallic.

Also, the skype and conference programs alike problem is with the 384khz and not the 32bit feed. Hope this helps Kingwa and VIA.

About the volume control in windows, the funny thing is while i cant control thru the windows and the keyboard multimedia buttons, i can control the volume thru the Aimp volume bar ! 
confused.gif
 go figure !?

After 8 straight hours of heavy listening the case was barely (33º c) warm.

Thanks for the help guys ! 

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,342 of 3,093
  Great to know !

Yesterday, playing while listening to Aimp, the sound became metallic and static. After checking every thing associated i find out that if i let the device operate in 32bit 192khz mode, this problem disappears.

This is very strange, because it was working normally at 384khz. But when two program start sending sound to the NFB it start to become erratic and metallic.

Also, the skype and conference programs alike problem is with the 384khz and not the 32bit feed. Hope this helps Kingwa and VIA.

About the volume control in windows, the funny thing is while i cant control thru the windows and the keyboard multimedia buttons, i can control the volume thru the Aimp volume bar ! 
confused.gif
 go figure !?

After 8 straight hours of heavy listening the case was barely (33º c) warm.

Thanks for the help guys ! 

Hey, i saw the new firmware is on the audio gd site now (http://www.audio-gd.com/En%20audio-gd.htm) top of the page so i updated. It fixed the itunes play/pause issue i was having yay

however, i also have problems with skype audio at 384khz just get a buzz and cant hear any of the audio. again switching to 192khz fixed this.

the plot thickens...

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #1,343 of 3,093
Sounds like a lot of trouble from a piece of gear that should be plug-n-play! If I had these issues with my gear, it would be sent back for a refund. Manufacturers really should make sure their gear works with no problems before they release it for sale. The customer should not have to do their R&D work for them. I want to spend my free time listening and enjoying, not being frustrated and annoyed by a piece of gear that does not work as it should. Just my 2c worth.  

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #1,344 of 3,093
  Sounds like a lot of trouble from a piece of gear that should be plug-n-play! If I had these issues with my gear, it would be sent back for a refund. Manufacturers really should make sure their gear works with no problems before they release it for sale. The customer should not have to do their R&D work for them. I want to spend my free time listening and enjoying, not being frustrated and annoyed by a piece of gear that does not work as it should. Just my 2c worth.  

Without a doubt.

But i knew i was going for some headaches when i bought this.

The sound quality makes up for it. And the problem is really only at 384khz.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #1,345 of 3,093
Another thing i discovered:

- If you use an USB cable expander it WILL make the NFB-11 sound crack and produce lots of static
- If you use an USB hub (energized) it will work without problems.

Hope this help VIA and King Wa.

att,

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #1,346 of 3,093
  Another thing i discovered:

- If you use an USB cable expander it WILL make the NFB-11 sound crack and produce lots of static
- If you use an USB hub (energized) it will work without problems.

Hope this help VIA and King Wa.

att,

Very interesting. I am sure that this little tip will help many of us here using multiple USB devices with limited USB outputs from our computers. Appreciate the heads up on this one. Cheers.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,347 of 3,093
Hey guys

I just got a new PC and I'm now having a problem with getting the NFB 11.32 to work. I have installed the same drivers as on the old PC without any problems but no sound comes from the unit. I also have it plugged it into an USB 2.0 port and have tried swtiching USB ports too but still nothing. If I just start up and try to play something I may hear a sound for 1 second before it cuts off and then I can't make it do that again or hear anything.

Hope someone can help with this annoying problem. 

Thanks

Jul 18, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,348 of 3,093
  Hey guys

I just got a new PC and I'm now having a problem with getting the NFB 11.32 to work. I have installed the same drivers as on the old PC without any problems but no sound comes from the unit. I also have it plugged it into an USB 2.0 port and have tried swtiching USB ports too but still nothing. If I just start up and try to play something I may hear a sound for 1 second before it cuts off and then I can't make it do that again or hear anything.

Hope someone can help with this annoying problem. 

Thanks

How old is the NFB-11.32?
Have you ever update the firmware?

Jul 18, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #1,350 of 3,093
Starting with the basics:

1 - Are you sure the device is showing normally in the device manager ?
2 - Did you selected it as the default device in the sound reproduction ?
3 - What is the version of the driver in the device manager ?
4 - Youre using wasapi, ASIO or directsound ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back