Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by heatfan12, Aug 25, 2012.
  1. etoilebiscuit
    please do, like to know what other people feel about it, am a happy owner.

2. capetownwatches
    Mine too - it's lovely in it's smooth and precise action - excellent feel IMHO.
    I have read that some units may have excess glue on the volume knob, but that this is easily sorted by removing the knob and cleaning it.

Eduards likes this.
  3. PurpleAngel Contributor
    The Audio-GD NFB-11.28 website lists the NFB-11.28 as out of stock, but the invoice lists as It will be shipped out with in three days of payment (PayPal).
    Guess I'll just have to see how long it takes me to get the NFB-11.28 shipped to me.

4. OctavianH
    A new windows comes and again NFB11.32 disappears from the Playback devices. So it is very simple to do one thing to solve this:
    - right click on Start
    - Device Manager
    - Find the audio-gd entry which is not recognized
    - update audio driver
    - browse for Vista64 folder and let windows install the driver from this folder

That's all. I hope this helps someone. So no uninstall or whatever, just reinstall the driver from here:

This info is not mine, but I had to remember and do it again because of Fall Creators Update. I hope this will help.[​IMG]

You'll want to review your sounds settings here because I've seen some new stuff which I disabled like "Spatial sound" and others. Any advice on what is OK to disable or change is useful, if someone else finds new stuff which compromises our sound quality.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  5. capetownwatches
    You should always untick the "Windows Sounds" box - no system sounds at all. Also do the same for Realtek Audio if you have it.

6. PurpleAngel Contributor
    So. my new Audio-GD NFB-11.28 arrived (in California) today (Oct 26th), payment was made on the 18th, so 8 days from payment to arrival.
    So far i'm liking the sound
    and will try to do a comparison to my NFB-15 (but not today).

cel4145 and jaxz like this.
  7. Elder
    Give it at least 100 hours of run in to let the sound to settle down.

8. rvcjew
    Okay I have a question that perhaps someone can answer. I have a nfb-11 2015-6 edition so using usb drivers version 2 on all machines. My issue is my sound stage changes per machine and I don't know why. PC A is win 7 x64 and does not give 32 bit but even through optical will sound narrow and sounds fine I just have some hearing loss in my right ear so wider is nicer for fatigue. PC B is a laptop (Yoga 2 Pro) an uses a USB 2.0 port and has 10 x64 so in OS have 32 bit set but I don't think this would have any effect on my issue. PC C is a FCU 10 x64 Xeon P50 and everything is a USB 3.1 port (maybe reason). Okay so All of them use J river MC with WASAPI and all have same settings in the app. PC A and C have narrow stage but for reason PC B has a wider stage and I Want to retire PC B in the future but as it sits now I have PC B used for nothing but listening to music and RDP into it to control it. It's a pain and eats space on the desk and power. My goal is to get the PC C to match the same signature and just use it exclusively. Also not that it matters but all music is run off Jrivers media server off PC A. Im thinking perhaps the USB ports matter but don't know how it would minus the shielding differences. PC B was the same with Win 8.1 also for reference.

Malcolm

9. CT007
    I am finding the same. I want to swap my MM+Jot for the NFB(because of random USB disconnects...), but the NFB has some treble spike/brightness going on :frowning2: If only I could get the USB crap fixed......... X__X

10. Luminance
    NFB 11 has different DAC chip - Sabre ES9028 Pro vs Modi's AKM AK4490. Sabre DAC's are known to be a little bit brighter.
    However you can try setting the digital filter to "Fast Roll-off, Linear", (all three jumpers selected: FIR_0 FIR_1 FIR_2) to see if there's improvement.
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...pression-thread.624517/page-180#post-13671412

11. CT007
    What a shame that such a chip is even used, with such sibilance, however slight it may be :frowning2: This AKM stuff is good stuff ^ ^

My STX card's chip is a bit bright, but _not_ sibilant.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  12. capetownwatches
    It is no "shame" at all! My NFB11 (2017) has ES9018 and it is NOT bright or sibilant at all in my system.

In fact to my ears it is actually towards warm rather than bright. I have no issues with a wide range of headphones.
    Try HD600 and see what you think.

13. CT007
    Well, of course HD600 is a far less detailed headphone, so you probably won't notice =p I just sold my 600's after several years of good use, heh.

I notice/noticed the sibilance during speech/vocals, mainly.

14. cel4145
    I wouldn't call it a "shame" that it is being used either. The ES9018 was the darling of DAC chips here on Head-Fi in DACs for < $1000 for a couple of years or so there until recently. I don't think it's gotten any worse. LOL

Elder likes this.
  15. CT007
    AD5547 for Multibit, actually.