Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!!
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #226 of 3,093
Kingwa since i was the 1st to suggest reverse removal of download firmware toll, i would like to share with you my expericence. I have flashed, flashed back, reflashed few times on 2 different firwmare chips without the slightest problem. I do not know OS or hardware of two gentlemens you have mentioned, but did they send you firmware update log? if so what does it say? Anyways same as originally i'm voting to put download link for firmware tool on your site again. Yet it will be wise to put warning xtreme4099 have mentioned above, exact same as motherboards producers when bios updating advert.

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #227 of 3,093
I would like to see the tool accessible on the web site.  I've used it to re-flash my unit many times without a problem.

It should also be made very visible so that all owners of Audio-gd USB-32 gear are aware of the firmware and driver updates.  I think it is one of the strengths of USB-32 and I'm not sure of many other manufacturers moving ahead in this area so quickly.

I had a lot of "fun" installing Firmware 4 and learning about ASIO all weekend.

USB-32 also needs it's own Head-Fi thread too.  It seems most of the firmware/driver discussion is limited to this NFB 11.32 forum.

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #228 of 3,093
Quote:
I would like to see the tool accessible on the web site.  I've used it to re-flash my unit many times without a problem.

It should also be made very visible so that all owners of Audio-gd USB-32 gear are aware of the firmware and driver updates.  I think it is one of the strengths of USB-32 and I'm not sure of many other manufacturers moving ahead in this area so quickly.

I had a lot of "fun" installing Firmware 4 and learning about ASIO all weekend.

USB-32 also needs it's own Head-Fi thread too.  It seems most of the firmware/driver discussion is limited to this NFB 11.32 forum.

Great idea Peter..

I started a TE8802 thread after receiving my NFB-15.1 & 16.  I think you would be the ideal person to start it, since you have experimented extensively with the USB-32...

Here's the TE8802 thread I started a while back.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627565/a-gd-tenor-te8802-thread-installation-successes-problems-troubleshooting

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #229 of 3,093
Thanks for the advice, I correct some words in the guide  and post the download link in our web again.
The firmware chip have more than 100,000 times flash life, so if have not operate fail, users can consider it can flash without limit .

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #230 of 3,093
It's a great idea, I'll vote also for download link to be free on your page, with warning. Before downloading, there should be message about, it's on own risk of customer, so he should read instruction very carefuly, and be aware to not turn of computer in updating process.

Also, I would like to ask, these new V1.2 drivers with ASIO support under WindowsXP...
Should I still use ASIO4ALL driver, and Asio component for foobar, with V1.2 driver installed, or it will automaticaly bypass Windows KMixer without ASIO4ALL?

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #231 of 3,093
Quote:

Great idea Peter..

I started a TE8802 thread after receiving my NFB-15.1 & 16.  I think you would be the ideal person to start it, since you have experimented extensively with the USB-32...

Here's the TE8802 thread I started a while back.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/627565/a-gd-tenor-te8802-thread-installation-successes-problems-troubleshooting

I was hoping no one would suggest this.....

But here we go with an Audio-gd USB-32 thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/638252/audio-gd-usb-32-firmware-drivers-and-feedback-thread

I'm no expert and will be reading the posts to learn just as much as any newer computer audio enthusiast.

And please let me know if the first posting needs some corrections so I can edit the details.

Nov 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #232 of 3,093
Quote:
It's a great idea, I'll vote also for download link to be free on your page, with warning. Before downloading, there should be message about, it's on own risk of customer, so he should read instruction very carefuly, and be aware to not turn of computer in updating process.

Also, I would like to ask, these new V1.2 drivers with ASIO support under WindowsXP...
Should I still use ASIO4ALL driver, and Asio component for foobar, with V1.2 driver installed, or it will automaticaly bypass Windows KMixer without ASIO4ALL?

In fact the guide is based on the offical, but I remove the ASIO 4all, still have not problems.
You should choice the output model with ASIO in the player for ASIO output .

Nov 29, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #234 of 3,093
I've tried flash to #4 firmware, and use Audio-gd V1.2 driver, but VIA DirectKS ASIO driver doesn't work under Windows XP, with anything higher than 44/16 bit.

First, when you are selecting VIA DirectKS driver, and adding mappings to the device, you can notice, there is only 16-bit support, not 32-bit, as it should be.
Then, when you click "Configure" button, the error message appears, and it does not find VIA Asio control panel. You need to access it manually by shortcut, which is added to you desktop.

Now, when you select this VIA DirectKS Asio driver as output method, only 44Khz / 16-bit files can be played. But even in this case, something is wrong, as Foobar's "Visualation-Spectrum" Bar is very lagged.
When you try to play anything higher, for example 96Khz and 24-bit files, the driver does not support it at all, and you'll get error message:

Luckily, ASIO4all v2 driver works good, and also 96Khz files can be played.

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #235 of 3,093
Warrax,

I have the exact same problem with you, also start a thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/638251/audiogd-dac-with-asio-problem

ASIO4ALL is NOT a native ASIO driver as stated on AudioGD website, the driver has serious problem that need to be fixed.

The problem is the ASIO driver come from VIA ONLY support 16 bits sample rate, no matter what you have choose on the sound card setting page.

We need 32 Bits ASIO support as many music player only sypport 32 bits ASIO (cplay)

Another problem is, no matter VIA ASIO (16 bits), KS or WASAPI playback under foobar, the Windows volume control is affecting the actual volume, is it normal? Seems Foobar is still talking to Windows, but not directly to sound card

ASIO4ALL is meant for cheap onboard sound card, not a DAC that cost that much

Please, someone from AudioGD, FIX it !

PS. Win7 32 bits, AudioDG Ref 5.32 (USB 32), FW#4, Driver 1.2

Thanks

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #236 of 3,093
I've tried flash to #4 firmware, and use Audio-gd V1.2 driver, but VIA DirectKS ASIO driver doesn't work under Windows XP, with anything higher than 44/16 bit.

First, when you are selecting VIA DirectKS driver, and adding mappings to the device, you can notice, there is only 16-bit support, not 32-bit, as it should be.
Then, when you click "Configure" button, the error message appears, and it does not find VIA Asio control panel. You need to access it manually by shortcut, which is added to you desktop.

Now, when you select this VIA DirectKS Asio driver as output method, only 44Khz / 16-bit files can be played. But even in this case, something is wrong, as Foobar's "Visualation-Spectrum" Bar is very lagged.
When you try to play anything higher, for example 96Khz and 24-bit files, the driver does not support it at all, and you'll get error message:

Luckily, ASIO4all v2 driver works good, and also 96Khz files can be played.

This is assuming you already have set the sample rate to 32 bit + Whatever sample rate you chose higher than 44.1k in the A-GD usb deck ? and that its set to exclusive access in the control panel for sound under advanced ? as shown here

KS and Asio is working fine for me in firmware 4, i still prefer KS.

Nov 30, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #237 of 3,093
Quote:
This is assuming you already have set the sample rate to 32 bit + Whatever sample rate you chose higher than 44.1k in the A-GD usb deck ? and that its set to exclusive access in the control panel for sound under advanced ? as shown here
KS and Asio is working fine for me in firmware 4, i still prefer KS.

We are speaking about Windows XP, not 7, read the text you've quoted carefully.

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #240 of 3,093
Quote:
Sorry I don't know why, but we have test in Win7 and XP, all can playback 192K 24bit files through ASIO without problems.

Tried it several times, still no success.
Foobar just detects ASIO driver only like 16-bit, and there is nothing it can be done. Don't know the cause.

Compared universal ASIO4all vs VIA ASIO native driver, and VIA ASIO sounds better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back