Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #1,756 of 2,569
I didn't own one but listened to it extensively at the Schiitr a few times. I found the Mimbys really accentuate cymbals and higher frequencies in comparison to other DACs. (I was actually auditioning the Magni 3 at the time -- I hated the Mimby/Magni pair so I moved the Magni to the Bimby, and it sounded great. The Magni also sounded pretty good with the aforementioned DACs I had tried as well.)
Wow, ok, well I have to acknowledge your own experiences there, they have never been mine. As I've described before, that system with QP1R running optical out and the Ref1s is superb. I have to admit too that the Slinkylinks silver ICs are sublimely good and it does make a difference even when using the R2R as a DAC into the Magni 3, utterly grainless, balanced from top two bottom with nary a trace of edge unless the recording is truly horrible and in which case it's out the door with it. The beauty of it is that I can still hear the humanity behind the obviously flawed recording.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #1,757 of 2,569
I can say this about the R2R a good month or more in, the dynamics have increased significantly and in the last few days it's as if it's gone through a milestone in the running in process. It's gained an impactful presence, extra drive and energy not only in the bass, but also in the dynamic solidity further up the range. Jack White's Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016, has gained a dynamic intensity and purposefulness that is quite different from only a couple of weeks ago. This has happened across the range right up into the impacts of stick on high hat and the topmost brassy shimmers on crash cymbals, an image 3D solidity that the Ref1s are especially brilliant at. These headphones have at last come alive with the R2R, maintaining their effortless purity and lack of midband sharpness or edge with great presence and excellent deep organic bass when it's present. An amazing combo now.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #1,759 of 2,569
Audeze Lcd-2 pairing with Audio Gd NFB11. 28.
Looking at jumping in on one of these amp's to drive my Audeze Lcd-2.
Anybody else running the same setup as this,would love to hear some thoughts on what I can expect
Much appreciated :ksc75smile:
Well now, I have heard from another HD540 Ref fan and enthusiastic user that my/our HD540s (upgraded with pads and cable etc) sound remarkably like the LCD2 in overall warmth and balance, so I figure if my own Ref1s are singing so well with the R2R, it's a strong possibility that the LCD2 will as well. I imagine the bass will really kick along with the planar headphones, although I'm not a big fan of my HE400S with the R2R, they're good, but no HD540 Ref1s! It's taken a solid month for the bass and dynamic range to really kick in, King-wa did say it would be 500 hours or so before really coming on song and mine must be 350-400 hrs + by now. This recent development came on quite quickly, something I've noticed with certain other gear. Almost a geometric curve of improvement :)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #1,760 of 2,569
Hey head fiers
Have finally made my purchase on this Amp,just waiting for it to arrive now.
Can someone tell me, how I can connect My Dap ( Dp-x1 Onkyo) to this amp ? or is it not possible!
mainly use my Dap for Tidal streaming so hoping I can still go down this path to connect to the Amp.
I'm aware the Amp has a Coaxial input but not sure how my Dap integrates with this ?

Any help would be fab :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #1,761 of 2,569
Hey head fiers
Have finally made my purchase on this Amp,just waiting for it to arrive now.
Can someone tell me, how I can connect My Dap ( Dp-x1 Onkyo) to this amp ? or is it not possible!
mainly use my Dap for Tidal streaming so hoping I can still go down this path to connect to the Amp.
I'm aware the Amp has a Coaxial input but not sure how my Dap integrates with this ?

Any help would be fab :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

According to the manual, via usb using an otg cable.

Jul 20, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,765 of 2,569
So I began reading this thread from page 1 and just completed after a couple of weeks.

I placed my order last week for the R2R-11 and shipped yesterday (told them to delay as I'm not at home this week), and should get it by next week.

FYI, since I didn't see this info anywhere on this thread, Kingwa confirms:

You can place small tube amps( like my lil dot mkii) on top, and also stand the R2R on its side, as long as the left is on top.

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #1,766 of 2,569
My R2R11 should arrive next week (or at least I hope so since it's been flying from Guangzhou China since the 18th) but Kingwa told me to check the product to see if it was damaged while the postman was still there. I'm guessing he means if it's suffered any physical damage from handling in the delivery process, since actually sitting down and installing the drivers to see if everything's fine would be insulting to the postman. The postman is obligated to wait a minute or two if the customer asks to, to see if the package arrived in one piece right?

Jul 27, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #1,767 of 2,569
My R2R11 should arrive next week (or at least I hope so since it's been flying from Guangzhou China since the 18th) but Kingwa told me to check the product to see if it was damaged while the postman was still there. I'm guessing he means if it's suffered any physical damage from handling in the delivery process, since actually sitting down and installing the drivers to see if everything's fine would be insulting to the postman. The postman is obligated to wait a minute or two if the customer asks to, to see if the package arrived in one piece right?

Kingwa asked the same from me, but the box was pristine and the heavy duty packaging (amp "floats" in between very thick and dense polystyrene/sponge material). Was no need to bother the delivery man.
Note that the R2R-11 sounds great out of the box!... and mine has been on since Monday for optimal burn in.

Jul 27, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #1,770 of 2,569
Let me ask the new owners of R2R11. How does the 'Bass shaker' test below run on your R2R11. Does it sound exactly the same as running from any of your other equipment that's not a R2R? or do you hear some distortion(other frequencies) in start and end of the test.

Run it loud enough where you can hear the drivers are really working.

https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back