1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by crowally, Aug 17, 2017.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last
  1. ctaxxxx
    @phthora

Ended up getting the Furman M-8X2 and the Pangea AC-14. After hooking everything up, the first thing I noticed was my TV looked a little clearer lol. On the audio side, I do notice better separation and tighter bass (less bass impact, but I may be remembering my DAP instead). The vocals sound slightly different, not sure how though (which was also noticeable through my speakers). Maybe the increased separation makes them sound clearer. The top end either sounds smoother or less present as a result of the mids, so songs don't sound as harsh as they did before. Overall, it doesn't feel like a waste of money, especially now that I'm not using a budget surge protector for my living room set-up!

phthora likes this.
  2. bunkbail
    I use the R2R-11 for gaming every day and it's great. But to be honest, I get the same gaming performance (sound separation and imaging) on a cheap decent DAC/amps like the SMSL iDEA. I would assume that gaming is going to sound the same on any audio system that is not complete ass (ie motherboard internal sound chipset).

3. phthora
    What a deal on that Furman! Nice find. Glad it worked out for you.

4. RojasTKD
    The "poping" issue I have experienced not an issue. For me it's not really a pop, more of a small click . I was expecting it to be FAR more noticeable. On my laptop it it happens on occasion. On my desktop the first USB port I used gave my all kinds of issues causing Foobar200 to freak out (freezing, continuously skipping or fast forwarding through tracks... utterly unusable). Turns out it dosen't work with USB 3.1 ports.The two other USB ports I have tried have worked fine but give the small baby click every time I skip a track (USB 2.0 and USB 3.0)

I've only hard it a few hours, but really haven't notice much difference between the R2R 11 and my old NFB-11 (2014?), except it muting the first 2 or so seconds on first playback and every time I press play on YouTube, and it seems to deliver a little more power. I'll have to give it some more listening time and some A&B testing over the weekend.

Also with my old NFB-11 Windows volume slider did affect my audio level with with my new R2R 11 this is the case in Foobar when not set to DirectSound (WASAPI or ASIO). But other than foodbar the windows volume slider changes my R2r volume level. Did I not install something correctly. How are you suppose to install the R2R 11 exactly.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  5. VilMo
    I would uninstall all three drivers and install only the Amanero combo 384 this is the one that you actually need for the R2R 11.

6. RojasTKD
    OK I will give that a go this weekend.

I switch to a USB port that isn't 3.1 (2.0 and 3.0 work fine) and my issues have gone away.

7. SoniMax
    At times I had my songs stop and when i open foobar I see the bar showing the progression of the song go from beginning to end in a few seconds and then when it gets to the next song it plays normally. When I click on the previous song it plays it normally again and it may perhaps do the same thing few songs after that.
    Has anything similar happened to you?

8. Neyeah
  9. SoniMax
    My Eitr arrives on Monday but I won't have anything to connect into it :D
    Not sure if to sell it without even trying it...
    I'll proobably wait for my replacement amp/dac to try it with and check if it really makes a worthy difference. In other words, I may have an Eitr for sale some time in the near future.

10. RojasTKD
    I was having a lot of issue with it stopping audio playback and kinda locking up or freaking out and seemingly skipping or fast forwarding/skipping continuously. Switching my USB port seems to have solved the issue for me. It dosen't seem to work well with USB 3.1 ports, using USB 2.0 or 3.0 has so far worked fine. I haven't had it long so need more time to be sure the issue is truly fixed.

11. Neyeah
    Fml lol i think i'm still jumping in the wagon and try the Eitr, probably will try with and without and use it anyway LOL...

+ will probably follow to change the power cord for audio-gd dac/amp. still undecided on r2r11 / nfb 11.28 but I think most likely nfb 11.28 due to still noob at this + listen to alot of edm n top 100 kind of music. Also still with AE A5+ now.

Also to All,

What cable is needed between Schiit Eitr - > R2R/NFB ?? Any recommendation ? thanks !

https://www.amazon.com/EMK-Digital-...id=1518721903&sr=8-1&keywords=emk+coaxial+rca

https://www.amazon.com/Mediabridge-ULTRA-Digital-Audio-Coaxial/dp/B00FMZX48I/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1518721834&sr=1-2-fkmr1&keywords=KabelDirect+coaxial+rca&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Dig...rd_wg=dHDrM&psc=1&refRID=CJE80JZ0272GAC27EQWB

Does either of this work ? because i'm refusing to buy locally in Indonesia which I feel so overpriced
    like this: https://www.tokopedia.com/warunglis...ge=1_ob=3_q=coaxial+rca+cable_po=36_catid=634 thats equivalent to about US$23+/-

12. tauceti
  13. thebkt
    Blue Jeans coax is working great here, assuming international shipping isn't too much. Alternatively, monoprice would be fine.

14. ctaxxxx
    Wow, after some more extended listening on the R2R 11 with the Pangea power cord, I've noticed that everything sounded a little flat. Dynamics and the finer details definitely seemed to lack impact, as I mentioned in my last comment about the bass. Switched back to the stock just now, and it sounds a little more lively again. Voices aren't as smooth for TV shows, but now it doesn't feel like there is a tiny veil. I may have jumped the gun with the impressions. Thinking of returning the Pangea cable already, as I prefer the stock cable now.

That experiment didn't last long, but it was an interesting test run. Still like the power conditioner though, so that'll stay.

YtseJamer likes this.
  15. RojasTKD
    Need a little help.

I've noticed that when I set Foobar to output to anything other than "DirectSound: Primary Sound Driver" Anything other than Foobar can't be heard or with dome other driver options freeks out and Fobar start to fast forward though sond an nothing can be heard. WIth my NFB-11 I could listen to Foobar and hear other audio (YouTube or Spotify for example).

I think it because Window in general is using DirectSound and Foobar only the driver specified. But my NFB-11 didn' behave this way and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on the benefits of AISO? Or if there is some install step that need to be done.

On a side not in the little listening of done over the short time I've owned the R2R 11, I'm hard pressed to notice any difference when compared to my older NFB-11 (2104) aside from a little more power (there might be a little more bass inpace, but not sure yet).

In one way this id good because I always found my NFB-11 to be stellar, on other other hand I expected to notice some difference moving the the ladder DAC. It too early to make any real conclusions and sometimes it take some listening the hear those subtle differences. I was just expecting it to be an obvious difference.

First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last