Audio GD NFB-11.28 vs R2R 11
Feb 7, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #1,036 of 2,569
I have Eitr and both NFB 11.28 and R2R 11 and tried both with Eitr. As you describe the better clarity and separation I can confirm that with the NFB 11.28 and also with R2R 11. I really like it and don't find the sound fatiguing. Perhaps thats why I like the NFB 11.28 a little bit more as it provides still more clarity which I prefer over the R2R 11. Still I need to further burn in both devices. Note: Both devices are very similar and Eitr improves that even more and for me removed the popping noise on R2R 11. You will also need a good coax cable. Currently thinking about getting a better power cable where some guys here said it would improve sound. Don't really believe it but perhaps I'll give it a try.
Just remember you lose DSD support if you use an Eitr. That may or may not be important to you.

Feb 7, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,039 of 2,569
Just got my NFB11.28 and these HD650s in the mail today. Im shocked at how good they sound.

Attachments

• image1 (8).jpeg
    image1 (8).jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #1,041 of 2,569
More and more people discover those gems :blush: it is really amazing what insight into the music those humble-priced combos can achieve!
Other companies would make big deal out of this, and there would be much more publications and coverage.
But it seems this forum is right now the best source of publicity R2R (and also Sabre) DACS from Audio-GD get and it is up to us owners to spread the news.
I would recommend this without reservations. The price to satisfaction ratio for this product is off the charts for these ears and brain.
VilMo knock-out award honestly earned :violin::dart:!

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #1,043 of 2,569
I am getting second thoughts. I don't know after I send my R2R back to China whether to ask for an NFB instead of a replacement R2R or a refund to try the Emotiva A-100 with a multibit or sth else :frowning2:
How are you guys finding the A-100, @s2kPanda @CoFire @bunkbail

I own the A-100...it’s good, real good, but not as good as the R2R IMO. It does have more power, if that is important to you.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #1,044 of 2,569
I own an A-100...it’s good, not as good as the R2R. It does have more power, if that is important to you.
Power would not be that important, i believe. I barely go over 9 o'çlock with my HD 600 from the R2R. I am just not sure if the R2R technology is reliable enough. If you saw this
it is making me, if not hesitant about Audio G-D, a bit hesitant about the implementation of the R2R. That's why I've been thinking the past 2 days if I should, either, try their Sabre AMP/DACs or just a comparable AMP like the A-100 or Audio G-D's NFB1 and some other (?more reliable) DAC.

I remember watching Zeos (not that he is a flawless reviewer, if a reviewer at all) and he was saying that the A-100 is just slightly worse than the NFB1 which costs 3x the A-100 and is supposed to be better than the R2R's AMP

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,045 of 2,569
My R2R-11 is having the same pink noise my Fx-audio x6 had but here it is worse because it happens without warning anywhere during songs. This is extremely annoying now. I am running an iMac and running the R2R through USB, I have the wireless keyboard and a usb wireless mouse connected to the computer as well as some speakers via the 3.5 input and that's it. I thought it could be overheating so I opened the windows in my room but I have no idea why it's producing such a horrible noise. Specially when I turn the volume up and this noise rapes my ears :triportsad:.

Anyone have similar problems? Suggestions? I have no clue as to what the issue may be. Happens randomly at any time!!!!! :rage:
Most likely due to your computer itself. Try a different usb port. You could have a very noisy component plugged to a usb port causing all the problems. You could try a hub as well.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #1,046 of 2,569
Have you tried the K701 with the K712/Annie pads? the K712/Annie pads also add warmth as well.
Wouldn't do anything else at this point now that music sounds just right to my ears! Only wish I had more time to enjoy it. Thanks for the tip though :)
P.s. This is one thing that I might try: connecting my CD player to r2r with an optical cable. (Yes, I do have lots of CDs.) Anyone has experience of doing so and how does the music sound compared to coming out from computers?

Feb 7, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #1,047 of 2,569
Feb 8, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #1,049 of 2,569
Quick question for you R2R 11 owners.

I just ordered am R2R 11 to replace my older NFB-11 (2014 unite with 2015 upgraded power supply) Ann's one of the things I don't like is how it cuts of the beginning of songs when you first click play (same worth YouTube videos).

Can any of you confirm this is no longer an issue with the R2R 11?

Thanks!

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #1,050 of 2,569
Quick question for you R2R 11 owners.

I just ordered am R2R 11 to replace my older NFB-11 (2014 unite with 2015 upgraded power supply) Ann's one of the things I don't like is how it cuts of the beginning of songs when you first click play (same worth YouTube videos).

Can any of you confirm this is no longer an issue with the R2R 11?

Thanks!
Sounds like your old NFB is the same as my ifi Micro iDSD. It basically mutes the first two seconds of play after it’s been on idle or during a sample rate change. The R2R-11 doesn’t have that mute circuit, but instead you’ll hear two faint ‘pops’ (like vinyl pops) whenever it changes sample rate (using USB). This apparently goes away when using coax or optical but then you lose DSD support. Personally I have no issue with the pops, but YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back