Audio-gd NFB-10
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #2,671 of 2,860
dmn... got quoted 633 for the old es2 with shipping n 2rca outs usb+ coax in. Digital volume buttons n no knob... do i really want to pay 50 for... inputs n out puts I dont want >.> more importantly how does the knobless es2 re sell against the upgrade

That's a question of priorities, i have rather strict rule not to pay for things i will not use. Unfortunatelly in case of Audio-GD gear is not so simple. Choosing is rather rollercoaster with Kingwa creations. Anyhu, judging from your comments you rather like knob (which i on the contrary do not), so its rather case for you if knob is worthy 50USD+. Answer should be simple as you stated you will not use additional outputs/inputs. IMHO 10ES2 standard bring good produt at good value. All next steps upgrades, or change into NFB-28 is a question of neccesity or taste (chassis look). Concerning re-sell its rather simple and you already pointed it out. Probably sooner or later 10ES2 standard might retire, especially concerning the fact that case which was re--used from 10.32, will be no longer in mass production as of 10.32 changed into 10.33. So sooner or later there old chassis supplies will sell out and i do not think they will be remade again. It was not so imple earlier in disscussion becasue there was no 10.33 at that time in equation, but now it is.

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #2,673 of 2,860
  That's a question of priorities, i have rather strict rule not to pay for things i will not use. Unfortunatelly in case of Audio-GD gear is not so simple. Choosing is rather rollercoaster with Kingwa creations. Anyhu, judging from your comments you rather like knob (which i on the contrary do not), so its rather case for you if knob is worthy 50USD+. Answer should be simple as you stated you will not use additional outputs/inputs. IMHO 10ES2 standard bring good produt at good value. All next steps upgrades, or change into NFB-28 is a question of neccesity or taste (chassis look). Concerning re-sell its rather simple and you already pointed it out. Probably sooner or later 10ES2 standard might retire, especially concerning the fact that case which was re--used from 10.32, will be no longer in mass production as of 10.32 changed into 10.33. So sooner or later there old chassis supplies will sell out and i do not think they will be remade again. It was not so imple earlier in disscussion becasue there was no 10.33 at that time in equation, but now it is.

I think this is the important bit.
It seems now is the only time we have the option, 10ES2 promo $580, which is the lowest priced balanced ES9018 offering of Audio-gd.  Which works flawlessly (atleast for me, Win7 64bit) and sounds damn good for the price.

Simply, people who can live without a volume knob and extra inputs/outputs, should get it while the promo is there (or the upgrade if the knob and more digital inputs are wanted).  Most likely they're going to discontinue it once the old chassis runs short.

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #2,674 of 2,860

I think this is the important bit.
It seems now is the only time we have the option, 10ES2 promo $580, which is the lowest priced balanced ES9018 offering of Audio-gd.  Which works flawlessly (atleast for me, Win7 64bit) and sounds damn good for the price.

Simply, people who can live without a volume knob and extra inputs/outputs, should get it while the promo is there (or the upgrade if the knob and more digital inputs are wanted).  Most likely they're going to discontinue it once the old chassis runs short.

Indeed, Knobs are easier to use, but I can live without one. A good button is nice too, more accurate that way to I'd think [dang it's already 8am] Still I ONLY need the Two Rca out on teh 10ES2 Stock, that is enough for me so screw the extra $50 xD 

Sep 5, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,675 of 2,860
buttoned volume control is not a problem for me, nifty actually.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #2,676 of 2,860
  buttoned volume control is not a problem for me, nifty actually.

Agree'd I think it will be very cool, what would be even MORE awesome is remote Control WITH a knob. Step dad's old stero was that way and the Remote Control button MOVED the knob... it was totally cool, but still I'm still debating where to put the amp... [not really] although when I order it I will need to mount my desk fan

quick construction question, I need to screw a screw into a wall, but I've got no ratchet or no electric drill /screw driver. I could use a "smaller" nail to drive a hole, and then use a screw driver to drive a screw into that hole [assuming the screw is bigger than the nail ofc]

Honestly when I buy the Audio GD, I'll just go an buy some dang tools as well. But figured I'd ask first 

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #2,677 of 2,860
  Agree'd I think it will be very cool, what would be even MORE awesome is remote Control WITH a knob. Step dad's old stero was that way and the Remote Control button MOVED the knob... it was totally cool, but still I'm still debating where to put the amp... [not really] although when I order it I will need to mount my desk fan

quick construction question, I need to screw a screw into a wall, but I've got no ratchet or no electric drill /screw driver. I could use a "smaller" nail to drive a hole, and then use a screw driver to drive a screw into that hole [assuming the screw is bigger than the nail ofc]

Honestly when I buy the Audio GD, I'll just go an buy some dang tools as well. But figured I'd ask first 

Get a devialet amplifier and you get a knob on the remote.

If your screw is going to take some load, you need to first drill a hole, drive in a wall-plug, and then screw in your screw. Not required for hanging christmas socks, but for heavier and more expensive item, you better follow the convention.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2,680 of 2,860
If your screw is going to take some load, you need to first drill a hole, drive in a wall-plug, and then screw in your screw. Not required for hanging christmas socks, but for heavier and more expensive item, you better follow the convention.

Yea I figured it was something like that -.-

I'll just get 2 8lb Command Stick Hooks, put em together and suspend my 10lb fan that a way 

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #2,681 of 2,860
  Looking for help on this message. I followed the install & at step 5 when I add new & select "VIA DirectKS ASIO" this comes up. Is it something missing? My foobar is ver 1.2.6 Please help. Thanks

If you are still having troubles, check out audio-gd's video guide. It was much more helpful than the written version.

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #2,682 of 2,860
So I am on the fence...

NFB 10.33 or NFB 28 - it seems that the DAC is the only difference.

The issue for me is the DAC difference. For some reason I seem more attracted to the descriptive word "warmth", which sounds to me that you are refering to more of a tube or analogue type sound and the 10.33 is the "warmer" of the two.

However, I read that the NFB-28 has some jumpers to create a more "warm" sound.

Questions:
Has anyone heard the NFB-28 with the jumpers installed?
Has anyone heard the NFB-28 vs. NFB-10.33?

I guess it is just the DAC that I need to make a decision on and then pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance...I want to order soon, cause I would like to get the price discount before I miss it.

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,683 of 2,860
Both will sound very good, very neutral jumper or no (I've tried jumpers and flavor settings and still cannot hear a difference). The differences between DAC's are subtle. If you want more flavored/ varied sound signatures, go for the Compass with the different opamps- those do change the sound.

Sep 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #2,684 of 2,860
So I am on the fence...

NFB 10.33 or NFB 28 - it seems that the DAC is the only difference.

The issue for me is the DAC difference. For some reason I seem more attracted to the descriptive word "warmth", which sounds to me that you are refering to more of a tube or analogue type sound and the 10.33 is the "warmer" of the two.

However, I read that the NFB-28 has some jumpers to create a more "warm" sound.

Questions:
Has anyone heard the NFB-28 with the jumpers installed?
Has anyone heard the NFB-28 vs. NFB-10.33?

I guess it is just the DAC that I need to make a decision on and then pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance...I want to order soon, cause I would like to get the price discount before I miss it.

I opted for nfb28. It has a larger R-transformer as well as analog inputs to allow its amp section used with out DACs.

Didn't get to compare to 10.33 or 32 but the nfb28 pairs really well with my hd800 and lcd3 (both balanced)

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,685 of 2,860
so I said King wa payment n Pay Pal with all the details for my price quote how long do I expect before gets back to me

he answered all initial questions within 24 hours last month

going on almost 2 days before I heard back from him after I sent payment payment through the designated PayPal address with all the necessary details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back