Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread
Dec 16, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #257 of 286
Hello (I am not experienced in using forums).

I am seeking assistance in resolving a difficulty with the Amanero USB driver for use with the Audio-GD NOS 7. I recently purchased this DAC. After installing the driver on my HP Envy I connected to the DAC via the Wyred4Sound Recovery. Cables are either the King Rex Craft Y (the red one) or the Curious Cable. In this configuration all is well ... nice sound. 
Yesterday, I wanted to experiment to see what the DAC would sound like without the Recovery in line. To my disappointment and surprise, I get no sound when the Recovery is removed. With the Curious Cable plugged in directly the computer informs me that the USB device is not recognized, and the Amanero is not listed in the control panel in the Manage Sound slot. With the King Rex silence reigns supreme, although the Amanero is shown in the Control panel. As soon as I put the Recovery back into the circuit, all is well again ... 

I am using Windows 8.1 64 Bit and the controller is JDriver MC 22. 

Is there someone out there who has an idea of what is going on?

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #258 of 286
  Hello (I am not experienced in using forums).

I am seeking assistance in resolving a difficulty with the Amanero USB driver for use with the Audio-GD NOS 7. I recently purchased this DAC. After installing the driver on my HP Envy I connected to the DAC via the Wyred4Sound Recovery. Cables are either the King Rex Craft Y (the red one) or the Curious Cable. In this configuration all is well ... nice sound. 
Yesterday, I wanted to experiment to see what the DAC would sound like without the Recovery in line. To my disappointment and surprise, I get no sound when the Recovery is removed. With the Curious Cable plugged in directly the computer informs me that the USB device is not recognized, and the Amanero is not listed in the control panel in the Manage Sound slot. With the King Rex silence reigns supreme, although the Amanero is shown in the Control panel. As soon as I put the Recovery back into the circuit, all is well again ... 

I am using Windows 8.1 64 Bit and the controller is JDriver MC 22. 

Is there someone out there who has an idea of what is going on?

You can try to uninstall and then reinstall the Amanero driver with the Recovery out of the chain.

Dec 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #259 of 286
or you can try several times plug and unplug the usb cable to wake the amanero driver
sometimes i also have this problem which the amanero driver not detected in win 7
mine is also nos 7 with latest firmware

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #260 of 286
I'm the happy owner of this wonderful M7 NOS dac, which I use with the audio-gd digital interface U8. The interface improves significantly the sound. I've compared it with the DI-2014  (is that the name?) and found no significant difference.
I was wondering if someone have had the chance to test digital interfaces that sound better than the U8 or DI-2014.
A friend compared the U8 to the Hydra Z and said he found no significant difference too.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #261 of 286
Ultracapacitor powered ddc(singxer,tanly,Lks,audio gd.........)much better sounding than the normal transformers based.

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #262 of 286
  Ultracapacitor powered ddc(singxer,tanly,Lks,audio gd.........)much better sounding than the normal transformers based.

Can you provide some exact references? I do not know any of them. You also put in the lot the audio-gd's: I already have the U8, but maybe you are referring to a different model?

Following your suggestion I could find:
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxersu1silver/

Tanly just found a blogspot website, could not understand if, what, and how to purchase

Lks: https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/l-k-s-audio-usb-100-usb-audio-interface-pcm384-dsd512.html

Seems I'm discovering a new world..

Jan 30, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #264 of 286
Next week I have both, DAC19 and Singularity 19 (HDMI replace BNC).
I will first let it run for some days before listening.
I guess in 2 weeks I can tell you more.
ps. NOS 19 is different sound / asynchronous / no digital filtering. I think it is more insteresting the DAC19/Sing19 difference.

Jan 30, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #265 of 286
  Next week I have both, DAC19 and Singularity 19 (HDMI replace BNC).
I will first let it run for some days before listening.
I guess in 2 weeks I can tell you more.
ps. NOS 19 is different sound / asynchronous / no digital filtering. I think it is more insteresting the DAC19/Sing19 difference.

That's great.

Cant wait for the review. :)

Feb 26, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #266 of 286
Hello, it may already have been said but I cannot find the reference: the DSP settings for this dac are active on all inputs or the i2s connections (rj45 and hdmi) bypass it?
I'm asking because I cannot hear any significant difference while taking jumpers on or off, which is strange. The dac is connected to the pc via the hdmi port.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #267 of 286
  Hello, it may already have been said but I cannot find the reference: the DSP settings for this dac are active on all inputs or the i2s connections (rj45 and hdmi) bypass it?
I'm asking because I cannot hear any significant difference while taking jumpers on or off, which is strange. The dac is connected to the pc via the hdmi port.

Great question - see post # 250 for my impressions using a Tanly USB->i2S HDMI DDC convertor to my Master 7 which had been modified at the factory to NOS7..
I am pretty sure I heard differences in the range typical of those jumper settings when made on the M7.... not night and day differences, but certainly enough to be a consideration and allow better system matching.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #268 of 286
Thanks motberg.
What puzzles me is the lack of responsiveness to jumpers modifications when connected via i2s.
Fact is, that when I did the same tests on jumpers and the dac was connected through the usb port, the differences were significantly bigger. Actually when I did this test I had the M7, not the NOS7.

Actually with the pink faun i2s card the sound quality is much better, significantly better than USB, even if  usb is upgraded with  Intona isolator and audio-gd U8 digital interface.
I suggest to those of you who own this wonderful dac to give a try to the pink faun. Improved transparence and detail, system simplification: no more intona and digital interface, only a straight connection from pc to dac.
you would of course need a high quality 12v linear power supply for the card, but if your pc is already on LPSU, you need only connect the card to the PSU you use either for the mobo or the processor.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #269 of 286
  Thanks motberg.
What puzzles me is the lack of responsiveness to jumpers modifications when connected via i2s.
Fact is, that when I did the same tests on jumpers and the dac was connected through the usb port, the differences were significantly bigger. Actually when I did this test I had the M7, not the NOS7.

Actually with the pink faun i2s card the sound quality is much better, significantly better than USB, even if  usb is upgraded with  Intona isolator and audio-gd U8 digital interface.
I suggest to those of you who own this wonderful dac to give a try to the pink faun. Improved transparence and detail, system simplification: no more intona and digital interface, only a straight connection from pc to dac.
you would of course need a high quality 12v linear power supply for the card, but if your pc is already on LPSU, you need only connect the card to the PSU you use either for the mobo or the processor.

quick question if you know - what is the maximum length for the HDMI i2S cable that Pink Faun recommends? IIRC, most of their HDMI i2S cables are 1M and very expensive...

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #270 of 286
They told me up to 1.5m.
I've read somewhere that the need for short cables concern the internal connection, not the external, protocol is not the same, but I would not be able to explain the technical reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back