Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Oct 31, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #3,376 of 4,445
Did anybody succeed in downloading the "Tool" file as linked on Kingwas website http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7_384/DSPupdataEN.htm?
Clicking on the download button of the checked "Tool" offers me just another version of BaiduNetdisk_5.5.0.exe

As Kingwa wrote I have to install this BaiduNetdisk_5.5.0.exe and register. But the register procedure failed since I'm not able to confirm the verification input (some chinese signs which I'm not able to understand). All in all it doesn't seem to be a well elaborated procedure (at least for non chinese customers).
Regards
Fujak

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #3,378 of 4,445

Congrats.  Quartus 16.0 will run OK on both my machines when No Hardware is selected.  Any time I try to add the USB Blaster [USB 0] things go downhill fast.  I had Quartus 11.1 running on the Win 7 laptop but got the same BSOD results.  So I am anxious to try a different Byteblaster.

Not sure about the Master 7, but if it comes with the same Cyclone II FPGA as the Reference 10.32, then be aware that it's only supported by Quartus software up to version 13.0 SP1.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #3,379 of 4,445
Not sure about the Master 7, but if it comes with the same Cyclone II FPGA as the Reference 10.32, then be aware that it's only supported by Quartus software up to version 13.0 SP1.

Would there be any issues flashing using Quartus 16.0?

Nov 1, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,381 of 4,445
Hi Kingwa, thank you very much for your fast support. Downloading Quartus 12.1 at official Altera website is working without any problems (after registration). Now I'm prepared for updating the new DSP version.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #3,382 of 4,445

I see Cyclone II in the Quartus 16.0 Programmer listings under Add Device.  

The full blown Quartus 16.0 design studio may no longer support obsolete devices but its programmer tool looks like it handles almost all the Altera catalogue of parts.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3,383 of 4,445
Flashing has a risk as it is. Flashing using a software not tested by manufacturer has even greater risk. Just download the correct version .

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #3,384 of 4,445
Installed Quartus 12.1 programmer on Windows 10.
Supports the Blaster I got on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/401158753382?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now waiting for Kingwa to release the firmware 
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #3,385 of 4,445
Now waiting for Kingwa to release the firmware 
beerchug.gif

The guide has been updated: the procedure will be performed remotely by Audio-GD via TeamViewer beginning November 7. You need to make an appointment with them first, either on Monday, Wednesday or Friday and it can be between 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM... Chinese time. According to this time converter that translates to 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM EST or 3:00 AM - 6:00 AM PST 
blink.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #3,387 of 4,445
I received the Terasic blaster from Digikey.  It works great with Quartus 16.0 programmer on my Windows 7 x64 machine at work.  The Terasic blaster also uses the FT245 USB chip after inspection. 

The inexpensive eBay blaster I purchased is most likely a dud.  Before the Terasic blaster arrived I tried the eBay blaster on the same machine.  Got errors and a BSOD when I disconnected the blaster from the computer.   RIP Ebay blaster as you are destined for the company recycle bin.

I'll have to read up on TeamViewer.   That is going to add another layer of complexity and uncertainty to this process.  3AM to 6AM Pacific time MWF !!  That is mighty early for a working day. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #3,388 of 4,445
I think if kingwa put update files on site or get files to Audio-gd owners to update by their-own at same time would be more reasonable than updating via team viewer at day times that doesn't mean for many countries 

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #3,389 of 4,445
TeamViewer seems easy to setup.   Within 10 minutes I was able to control my desktop from the TeamViewer iPhone app.

Download and install on your desktop PC.  I selected "Install to access computer remotely"  and "Personal/ non-commercial use".  Also when asked said do not create a TeamViewer account at this time.  TeamViewer then startups and displays something like Your ID: 123 456 789 and Password 12x3yz.   Kingwa will need to know these two things to gain access to your PC.  Note: the password seems to change each time the PC or TeamViewer restarts. 

TeamViewer must be running when Kingwa tries to access.  You can click (lower left) to start TeamViewer when the PC starts up and gain easy access.

You can find the PC software here...  https://www.teamviewer.com/en/

(The DSP upgrade instructions still mention two ways to upgrade - TeamViewer remotely or by sending the download file to you.  I would much prefer to load it myself so will wait on that option).

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #3,390 of 4,445
Right now on the site it says:

"The update had two ways, one is update by yourself , we will send the firmware to you . 
Another is online update"

So i emailed asking how one is able to get the firmware if i wish to update myself and i was just told the information was on the web page.
I'm thinking they decided to only do the updates via team viewer and didn't realize they left the above statement listed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back