Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Feb 22, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #2,371 of 2,556
  I just swapped the RJ45 I2S for HDMI I2S and liking what I'm hearing.  Thank you for the cable recommendations, I went with a Wiredworld chroma 7 for now.  Immediately I notice an improvement to impact / dynamics.  There seem to be other improvements that aren't jumping out at me, need to do some critical listening.

I ordered the Pink Faun HDMI I2S LVDS Cable. I tested several including Audioquest and Wireworld ($1000). Pink Faun is $800,- and 1 meter long. Yes indeed, one meter. The improvement is good, really good. Smoother sound, silent background more music. Can't explain better, you have to hear this! 

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #2,373 of 2,556

​Amanero need external ultracap+lt 3042, or uptone audio Lps-1 power.Big jump.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #2,374 of 2,556
So has anyone found Singxer su-1 or any other bridge to improve the NOS 11? it seams people can't recommend this product enough for the m 11, but with the NOS the same people dont hear much difference.

A lot of people have been praising the results with the SU-1 vs. other options.  I kind of wish I had gotten an SU-1, but I ordered the AGD DI-U8 and noticed a clear improvement over the amanero using both RJ45  and HDMI I2S.  From the Master 7 thread, I read that Kingwa is working on a new DDC using the faster chips he is also using the singularity products, no ETA so far as I know.

Edit: This is all related to the NOS 11

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #2,375 of 2,556
Regarding my experience with the NOS11 V2 fed through USB and an iFi iUSB power, I have not noticed any real improvement.

What's more, I usually have this iFi gadget turned off but connected to my pc and nos11 and the dac works as it didn´t exist anything in the middle. When the iso-earth mode of the iFi was connected though, the sound was extremely awful. 

Cheers.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #2,376 of 2,556
  Regarding my experience with the NOS11 V2 fed through USB and an iFi iUSB power, I have not noticed any real improvement.

What's more, I usually have this iFi gadget turned off but connected to my pc and nos11 and the dac works as it didn´t exist anything in the middle. When the iso-earth mode of the iFi was connected though, the sound was extremely awful. 

Cheers.

The NOS11 and Master11 do not use the power from the USB cable, so that gadget is probably a complete waste.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,378 of 2,556
Has anyone asked if the old Master 11 is upgrade able to the Singularity? With or without sending the unit back. I was wondering if the only difference is in the DAC board and it could be swapped by yourself just by soldering few wires.

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #2,379 of 2,556
  Has anyone asked if the old Master 11 is upgrade able to the Singularity? With or without sending the unit back. I was wondering if the only difference is in the DAC board and it could be swapped by yourself just by soldering few wires.

From Master 7 Thread:

My Nos7 sent back ,have some small issue.Want upgrade the dsp.
Audio gd answer:NO,Can not,not possible.I need buy new one.
So???

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,380 of 2,556

I asked but Kingwa said that impossible because the DAC chips placed on the same board.

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #2,381 of 2,556

Quote:
I didn't get the hdmi i2s input on my nos11, how much better would that be than the other outputs/inputs available from the su1/nos11?

I'll install an hdmi input if the difference is significant, but that is more cost, and soldering.

HDMI board is plug-n-play. It will cost 30 USD (exclude shipping fee), you should buy the Altera USB Blaster (10-20 USD) too for firmware updating in future.

Quote:
  Has this been confirmed?  I am very interested in this for Singularity 7.
See the last answer

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #2,382 of 2,556
Upgrading the Dac board on a master 11 even if possible would cost alot considering most of the cost of the DAC would be in that board the 2 amp board would be considerable much cheaper. However I'm surprised NOS7 can't be upgraded considering the DI board are separated

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #2,383 of 2,556
Hi guys, I just bought a used Master 11 from a head-fier and it is on the way.
beerchug.gif

I have used an Audio-GD Reference 1 DAC to feed a LD Mk6+ since 2009, and loved the combo very much. Since I need a decent preamp for my speakers, so that I decide switch to  the Master 11. Now the MK6+ was gone and the ref 1 is still waiting for a new home.( I can’t understand why nobody is interested in this old beast.
confused.gif
)

For these days, I tried to read through this thread to figure out  the best way for my future setup, but it is hard for me to understand all of these new technologies .  Although there are lots of successful setups in this thread, I still want to understand the principle. So, I start google these terminologies such asI2S, RJ45, Asynchronous, and Amanero……

Now I am listing some of my understanding here, please correct me if anything wrong: (Sorry for my bad English
frown.gif
)

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #2,384 of 2,556
1, why USB input is better than SPDIF or optical?
For the old days I learned that the SPDIF was the best because USB had more jitter problem and had limited transfer ability (max 16 bit format).  But now the USB2.0 and USB3.0 with asynchronous transfer technology can transfer much higher resolution signal than SPDIF with less jitter (Theoretically jitter free).So the SPDIF and optical input on M11 should be designed for some players without USB output.

2, Why use an external USB interface?

As the DAC chips can’t recognize the USB signal directly, so that we have to use a USB interface or bridge to convert the USB signal to SPDIF signal. This step is a very important stage in the whole system.  Actually, the Amanero or older USB32 is an intergraded USB interface to do the same job. And the Amanero is considering the best USB interface for now. But the integrated interface has to share the same power, same clock with interference from other circuit in the same chassis. So an external interface with independent power supply and clock in a separate box should be better than the integrated USB Bridge. As the Amanero is already a very good bridge, so that I must choose a much higher quality external USB bridge. Otherwise, more links more mistakes.

Feb 28, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #2,385 of 2,556
3, why I2S?

The I2S (Integrated Interchip Sound) actually is not a new technology,  it has been used inside the HIFI device to transfer digital signal for long time. The advantage of I2S is it use separate wire to transfer data signal and clock signal. Not like the SPDIF use same wire transfer mixed data and clock signal. But the I2S only can be used for short distance as the low ability of anti-interference. Using the I2S means I have to have a good  external USB bridge and bypassed the internal Amanero module.

4, why HDMI over I2S?

As we say the I2S has low ability of anti-interference. The RJ45 is just a telephone jack or Ethernet jack. It use 4 wires to transfer the signal. Since there are not much audiophile grade cable in the market.  So the interference is a big issue for it. But there is new standard coming, that people use HDMI cable transfer I2S signal, they use 12 wires transfer data and clock signal and use 5 ground wires to separate the signal wires. So the transfer quality is much better than RJ45. And there are lots of high quality HDMI cable with better shield in the market.

So my plan is use the Amanero USB input and compare with the SPDIF input first, then upgrade the DSP firmware. Wait for  the new ADG USB interface (Kingwa said it will take some time.) and upgrade the RJ45 to HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back