Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Nov 4, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #2,206 of 2,556
Has anyone managed to download the Quartus software from Kingwa's Baidu drive?

I'm having a really tough time just to download the Tools folder as outlined in the instructions on their website. The main issue being the need to register an account with Baidu..

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,207 of 2,556
  Has anyone managed to download the Quartus software from Kingwa's Baidu drive?

I'm having a really tough time just to download the Tools folder as outlined in the instructions on their website. The main issue being the need to register an account with Baidu..

You can download it directly from Altera's website, also recommend to follow the Master 7 thread for more info.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #2,208 of 2,556

You can download it directly from Altera's website, also recommend to follow the Master 7 thread for more info.

It's odd that the size of Quartus on the Baidu drive is only 1.6GB as opposed to the 3.6GB on the Altera website. Are you sure its the right version? 

Btw

I have found a way to download from Baidu without using the Baidu download software or registering an account.

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #2,209 of 2,556
  It's odd that the size of Quartus on the Baidu drive is only 1.6GB as opposed to the 3.6GB on the Altera website. Are you sure its the right version? 

Maybe the Baidu file is a stripped-down version of the Altera installer. I recall unchecking a bunch of large sized unneeded modules when installing it and even then it took a long time to install on my PC despite being a Core i7-4790k. I just ran the program and it looks fairly similar to the screenshot from the update guide:

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,210 of 2,556
  I am trying to install the I2S HDMI module on my Master 11 - seems simple enough.
The electrical socket for the I2S is glued and very difficult to remove from the board.
I do not want to break anything - does anyone have suggestions or experience with this? I had thought that it would just unplug and then I could plug in the new socket.
Thanks for any help.

Pry them open with flat head screw driver. There's a slit in the connector that you can fit screw driver in. Once you twist the screw driver all glue will just crumble off and the connector lifts easily.

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,211 of 2,556
Thanks for all of the help.
I get the module installed but I cant get SDS on the Singxer SU-1. The regular input 2 RCA on Master 11 works fin with the SU-1 but I cant get DSD to show up on the front panel of the SU-1 and no audio comes out of the I2S HDMI input.
Is there a specific way to set the output in Jriver to make things compatible>

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #2,213 of 2,556
For the SU-1 used with Master 11 I2S, all switchs on the bottom of the SU-1 ae supposed to be in the off position - is this correct?

Yes, that is correct. 

And most people have been going into the M11 and disabling PLL as well (by placing a jumper on it).

Nov 6, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #2,214 of 2,556
Anyone update yet? is it easy?  How's the sound?

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #2,216 of 2,556
Has anyone managed to get the TOOL folder downloaded?  I just need to content w/o the Quartus software.
It's frustrating that Kingwa isn't putting just that tool in some easier accessible location.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #2,217 of 2,556
  Has anyone managed to get the TOOL folder downloaded?  I just need to content w/o the Quartus software.
It's frustrating that Kingwa isn't putting just that tool in some easier accessible location.

See last line in http://www.head-fi.org/t/773660/audio-gd-master-11-combination-from-master-7-and-master-9/2205#post_12985588

Nov 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,218 of 2,556
I tried it but chrome won't let me install the java script.  I think Audio-gd will handle it when they update.  I have everything except the firmware and the usb blaster setup file.

I already emailed them to request this Wed. upgrade, will report back.

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #2,219 of 2,556
  I tried it but chrome won't let me install the java script.  I think Audio-gd will handle it when they update.  I have everything except the firmware and the usb blaster setup file.

I already emailed them to request this Wed. upgrade, will report back.

Did you install TapperMonkey extension?

Did you receive an error message whilst trying to install the script?

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #2,220 of 2,556
Update sounds good.  Seems smoother and more open to me.  I'm running factory settings except PLL is disabled and I'm using a Singxer SU-1 USB bridge.  Curious to try NOS now that the imbalance is supposed to be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back