Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Jul 31, 2015 at 3:16 AM Post #211 of 2,556
  Yea, well, i've had likely around one hundred emails in the last 3 months and dropped about 4grand or so. :D

I gladly open my wallet to their products. They truly have been great to me!  I'm surely a lot to deal with as I have so many questions. But i'm a customer who actually spends money, so I suppose it's OK. ​

Did you try your PM-3 with your Master 11 balanced?

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #212 of 2,556
  I am in the middle of installing the Amanero Combo 384 to my Master 11. I'm stuck!
I don't have instructions on where the random wire attached to the VIA USB32 goes... check this out.

SWEET... as I was writing this, Kingwa replied with info. Hope this helps anyone who is doing the swap. The wire from the VIAUSB32 goes to the Amanero like shown.

Speaking of, i'm going to put up my VIA USB32 for sale and wondered if you think some people would want to buy the USB with TCXO's...maybe some people didn't get the upgraded ones. I would hope to find someone that would like to use them.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/776256/audio-gd-usb32-via-was-from-master-11-and-other-from-nfb28-2015-edition-upgraded-tcxo-clocks

Jul 31, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #213 of 2,556
I'm in! I've ordered the Master 11 with HDMI mod. So now that I have ordered I have questions on what I should have done. The M11 is going to be used with Senn. HD800's and Audexe LCD2-F headphones. Most of what I listen to spans the gamut from acoustic guitar music and yes a lot of EDM. Throw in a huge dose of electric british blues. Ive broken down 900 cd's to flac. I didnt feel the need for a plus 3, 6 etc gain. Am I wrong there. I didnt know about display options etc. I thought I had read everything on their website. I did not delve into the gulag of jumper options.
Did I miss something? Again thank you to those who coached me so I could spent $2000.00+ tonight :p

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #214 of 2,556
I hope you got the Amanero...honestly the combo deal with the Gain option is really a good deal...
but if you never listen to classical...maybe?

but with the HD800's i'm not sure... I would say it wouldn't hurt to get the +6 or +9...its WAY cheaper to get it now! I just paid 85 bucks to order the parts now!!! with shipping

so.......... for a low low price you can add it now.

I also paid for 7 sec display go dark... I hate bright lights... not a big deal to some people.

And for HDMI, I assume you have something in mind for that? OR5???

the amanero is SUPER good, so just saying... If you use something different, be sure to order the proper pin layout for the HDMI that you will need.

and the price.... It's totally worth it. Blows most anything out of the water. :wink:

Jul 31, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #215 of 2,556
I hope you got the Amanero...honestly the combo deal with the Gain option is really a good deal...
but if you never listen to classical...maybe?

but with the HD800's i'm not sure... I would say it wouldn't hurt to get the +6 or +9...its WAY cheaper to get it now! I just paid 85 bucks to order the parts now!!! with shipping

so.......... for a low low price you can add it now.
V
I also paid for 7 sec display go dark... I hate bright lights... not a big deal to some people.

And for HDMI, I assume you have something in mind for that? OR5???

the amanero is SUPER good, so just saying... If you use something different, be sure to order the proper pin layout for the HDMI that you will need.

and the price.... It's totally worth it. Blows most anything out of the water. :wink:
I thought the website said M11 comes with amanero as standard.

Built in DSP data processor
Supports up to 192KHz at 8X times sampling
32bit / 384K Asynchronous Transfer Amanero combo384
Built in 4 Pieces Hi-grade PCM1704UK Chips
9000mW at 40 ohm (Class A, per channels )
16000mW at 25 ohm (Max, per channels)
OCC wires and TCXO built in

Jul 31, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #217 of 2,556

the amanero is SUPER good, so just saying... 

Didn't the two of you report that it doesn't play or plays noise for a second at the start of every track?  That can't be super good :wink:

R

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #218 of 2,556

Yes both the master 7 and Master 11 now comes with Amanero as standard.

Jul 31, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #219 of 2,556
I have a Sennheiser HDVD800 headphone amp. Its sounds great with my HD800 headphones. Long shot, but has anyone heard both the M11 and HDVD800? Im thinking of getting the M11. I also use my Lcd2-f's quite a bit also.

I haven’t tried the Master 11, but if it sounds anything like the Master 7 + Master 9. The Sennheiser HDVD 800 used as both AMP/DAC have an entire different sort of presentation: more clear and clinical and not as full, smooth and forgiving. 

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #220 of 2,556
  The Sennheiser HDVD 800 used as both AMP/DAC have an entire different sort of presentation: more clear and clinical and not as full, smooth and forgiving. 

Odd the output impedance of the HDVD alone should make it more full and bassy than all but OTL tube amps with the Senn cans.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #221 of 2,556
Didn't the two of you report that it doesn't play or plays noise for a second at the start of every track?  That can't be super good :wink:

R

That was fixed in Jriver by adding a one second delay for hardware to synchronize.
I will test again as I believe it stopped doing that entirely after the board was properly warmed up.

And I stand by my comment of it being super good. It's a very minor issue compared to what it delivers. The SQ is notably improved over the via usb32.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #222 of 2,556

R

This "stutter" is only the first time you press play. If you switch tracks it doesn't ever do it again. You have to hit stop... Wait, and then hit play again to re-create the stutter or specifically hardware synchronization. It's not very annoying since it happens once. Not at the beginning of every track. Only the first track.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #223 of 2,556
Ah sounds like a change of bit rate or return from mute then.  Normal for high level relay based inputs.  PWD2 does the same thing.

Jul 31, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #224 of 2,556

Yes! That's right, it is now standard for the master 11

I was the second to order the master 11 and mine was shipped with the via USB 32 micro controller since the amanero was not available at that time. So I have experience to compare the two :) amanero is definitely super good. :wink:

If I were you I would spend another 25 bucks or so to get the gain modification. The stock setting of +16 is fairly conservative and not much headroom for specific kinds of music. Like I said, it's cheaper "almost free" to add it before your order ships then to install it later and have it shipped separately. I just paid 85 bucks to ship the two volume boards to upgrade my master 11 to +6db.

Just send an email to grace and ask her to upgrade to +6 or +9 db and to send a separate invoice for difference. Or not at all if you know +16db will always be enough for you.

That's ok either way. I just like to be future ready! Someone with HE6's might want to listen to my rig :wink:

Jul 31, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #225 of 2,556

Odd the output impedance of the HDVD alone should make it more full and bassy than all but OTL tube amps with the Senn cans.

Well it’s more that makes the sound then the output impedance in my book. The HDVD 800 do match best with higher impedance headphones like Audeze LCD 3F and Sennheiser 800.  Pretty bad with low impedance headphones like Audeze LCD X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back