Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Jul 8, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #16 of 2,556
Kingwa said there is only minor difference between Master 11 and M7+9.

So Im infront of another tough choice. I had originally ordered NFB-1AMP but upgraded it to Master 11. I haven't paid rest of the sum yet as I wasn't prepared to shell out 2 grand. Waiting for my wage next week.

There has been used Master 7 for sale in local forum for some time. Now he has dropped the price to 1200€. That would mean used M7+M9 would cost slightly more than the Master 11. And my amp choice wouldn't even be limited to M9. tough choices.

That's kinda funny you mention that. I bought a nfb1amp and the master11 was released while the order was processing. I cancelled it and upgraded to master 11 immediately. I figured it was a no brainer yet I wasn't ready to shell out the cash. I made it happen anyhow. You could be patient and yet the promo deal of 5% off, plus the free Amanero combo 384 deal. That's pretty hard to beat!
My personal opinion is I prefer an all in one, as space is limited. Otherwise, the m7/m9 combo is pretty darn awesome!
I would still choose the master11. It works for my needs and the amp is pretty darn amazing.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #17 of 2,556
My girl friend also listen to my headphones only if I ask her to do so. She prefers to make my headphones as mini speakers lol.
I owned OR5 when I have M7. It made my M7 sounds more fluid and stable. But the sound is notably changed in speaker system. Many Hi-End sources do not shine in a headphone system. But an analog cable or a tube amplifier sometimes brings you more in a headphone system.
I may choose Abbado's Mahler symphony No.1 movement 4/No.4 movement 4 and Bruckner's 8th symphony from Celibidache and Handel's music from DG for quick comparison since those huge organized artworks always tells me how revealing the system is.

LOL @ mini speakers comment.  Thats pretty true though. Oddly my fiance was teasing me with that same act one time. They are essentially mini speakers anyhow. My headphones are so darn loud sometimes she can hear them from across the room. The open air design kinda makes for a private listening session to be impossibru. I am tempted to buy a second pair of Oppo PM3's! She has the black ones but she said last night how she wished she had the white ones :D HMMM- i'll take the black ones and she can have a pair of white ones! 
I currently have mediocre sealed back cans...they are the Sennheiser G4ME ZER0's... but modded with norne zoetic cable/hardwired, silver litz for microphone, and eidolics 6.3mm terminations and 3.5mm for mic. :D   A pair of PM3's with the ant lion mod mic 4.0 would be an upgrade. Kinda...but the mic on the sennheiser is really good for a headset.

I would like to hear those exact tracks you mentioned above, I sent you a PM about them. 
I was just notified that my Master11 shipped out today! Hopefully I will have it by this weekend! I look forward to having some quality time with my headphones next week. :D

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #18 of 2,556
Kingwa said there is only minor difference between Master 11 and M7+9.

So Im infront of another tough choice. I had originally ordered NFB-1AMP but upgraded it to Master 11. I haven't paid rest of the sum yet as I wasn't prepared to shell out 2 grand. Waiting for my wage next week.

There has been used Master 7 for sale in local forum for some time. Now he has dropped the price to 1200€. That would mean used M7+M9 would cost slightly more than the Master 11. And my amp choice wouldn't even be limited to M9. tough choices.

As kingwa usually is extremely conservative when he talks about differences in performance.... Being that he said it's minor likely means that its basically no difference that is easily detectable. The way it's described on the website is basically saying it's the best implementation of the pcm1704uk to date! " The Master 11 is the ultimate design of the PCM1704 chip with built in class A headphone amp / preamp .It is upgrade from Reference 10, combine from Master 7 and Master 9."

but the M7 has 8 of the UK's so theres that...  If it makes more sense for you to get the M7, go for it. Either way, you'll have a top tier setup!

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #19 of 2,556
You could be patient and yet the promo deal of 5% off, plus the free Amanero combo 384 deal. That's pretty hard to beat!

I was not offered 5% off from Master 11. My order is currently waiting for the Amenero combo 384 which will be released at the end of the month.

All in one has it's pros. Everything in one nice slick package with only one 1 power cord. Separate units takes twice as much space and 2 outlets. Though it's easier to upgrade amp or dac if need be. oh god why am I talking about upgrading top of the line equipment... Master 11 is also a lot newer design.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #20 of 2,556
LOL @ mini speakers comment.  Thats pretty true though. Oddly my fiance was teasing me with that same act one time. They are essentially mini speakers anyhow. My headphones are so darn loud sometimes she can hear them from across the room. The open air design kinda makes for a private listening session to be impossibru. I am tempted to buy a second pair of Oppo PM3's! She has the black ones but she said last night how she wished she had the white ones :D HMMM- i'll take the black ones and she can have a pair of white ones! 
I currently have mediocre sealed back cans...they are the Sennheiser G4ME ZER0's... but modded with norne zoetic cable/hardwired, silver litz for microphone, and eidolics 6.3mm terminations and 3.5mm for mic. :D   A pair of PM3's with the ant lion mod mic 4.0 would be an upgrade. Kinda...but the mic on the sennheiser is really good for a headset.

I would like to hear those exact tracks you mentioned above, I sent you a PM about them. 
I was just notified that my Master11 shipped out today! Hopefully I will have it by this weekend! I look forward to having some quality time with my headphones next week. :D

Got you PM and Congratulations! Girls really pay more attention on the look of a headphone. I personally like MDR Z7 pairs with my girlfriend. Haven't try PM3 yet. I had a chance listened a modded PM2 in newyork headfi meet which is darn good but sell for $1500.

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #21 of 2,556
I was not offered 5% off from Master 11. My order is currently waiting for the Amenero combo 384 which will be released at the end of the month.

All in one has it's pros. Everything in one nice slick package with only one 1 power cord. Separate units takes twice as much space and 2 outlets. Though it's easier to upgrade amp or dac if need be. oh god why am I talking about upgrading top of the line equipment... Master 11 is also a lot newer design.

Front page says
July 1st is the 11th Anniversary of Audio-gd!

Promotional offers (From July 1st to 15th ):

1: All finished products 5% OFF (Except the DAC-19).
2: All DACs and DAC+Headamp 5% OFF, and will be shipped within 2 workdays.
3: 5% OFF for DACs that are priced over 600$, plus free upgrade to Amanero combo 384 for the USB interface in 25-day leadtime. Or shipped within 2 workdays without upgrade.

So ask for the discount :wink:

Go for the master11! Newest design! Amazing amp! But like I said, you can't go wrong either way. I just would choose the all in one approach with the really fancy Amanero USB too :)

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #22 of 2,556
Front page says
July 1st is the 11th Anniversary of Audio-gd!

Promotional offers (From July 1st to 15th ):

1: All finished products 5% OFF (Except the DAC-19).
2: All DACs and DAC+Headamp 5% OFF, and will be shipped within 2 workdays.
3: 5% OFF for DACs that are priced over 600$, plus free upgrade to Amanero combo 384 for the USB interface in 25-day leadtime. Or shipped within 2 workdays without upgrade.

So ask for the discount
wink.gif

Go for the master11! Newest design! Amazing amp! But like I said, you can't go wrong either way. I just would choose the all in one approach with the really fancy Amanero USB too
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you get the 5% off discount since the discount starts from the first of July.

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #24 of 2,556
Hey everyone. Looks like I'll be joining the club too. After the DAC 19 Anniversary was released I decided to wait and see if any updates would come to the Ref 10.32. I requested my combo with HDMI and 7 Sec Timeout and will be waiting for the Amanero combo. I am very eager to see everyone's impressions and hope to post my own as soon as it arrives.

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:14 AM Post #25 of 2,556
 I assume you would get it since you havent paid the full balance? 
correct me if i'm wrong.  I believe this promo was going on before July1st... the new one is in effect withe the Amanero deal..

the previous promo stated 5% off all items except DAC19.

Jul 9, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #26 of 2,556
   I assume you would get it since you havent paid the full balance? 
correct me if i'm wrong.  I believe this promo was going on before July1st... the new one is in effect withe the Amanero deal..

the previous promo stated 5% off all items except DAC19.

I asked Grace if I could get any discount but the answer is the same as lancerFin got.

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #27 of 2,556
Hey everyone. Looks like I'll be joining the club too. After the DAC 19 Anniversary was released I decided to wait and see if any updates would come to the Ref 10.32. I requested my combo with HDMI and 7 Sec Timeout and will be waiting for the Amanero combo. I am very eager to see everyone's impressions and hope to post my own as soon as it arrives.

Welcome. I've got my master 11. Can't wait for a whole day listening..

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #29 of 2,556

Woohoo, hoping to get mine next week. Apparently it shipped on wed.

Jul 10, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #30 of 2,556
In using the he-560's and with the NFB-28 I find myself at max volume on certain recordings.
The master11 should be similar and may we just a tad louder. I was really considering doing a +3 db mod. After a long, and I mean long, discussion with kingwa I came to that conclusion. But for the sake of delaying the order more. I decided to pass on the +3db mod. It sounds subtle but literally would be perfect for my setup. Either way, it's 98% of the time it's enough power for my he-560's with the nfb-28. I expect less distortion with the master 11 of course.
When I had the dac19 hooked up to the nfb-28, it was with official audio-gd RCA interconnects. The volume/db was notably less than the USB input directly to the nfb-28. I had maybe 85-90% of the same volume/db.
I sold the DAC19. It was so impressive I had to get an all in one unit.
My nfb-28 is going on my fiancé's desk. It's an amazing dac too. But not as smooth as the R2R bicmos IC. Too bad Ti wants to discontinue this chip. They don't recommend it for new builds anymore. They choose to manufacture only to support current vendors who supply this, such as audio-gd.
It's likely we won't see anymore of these in the very near future.
I figured I would splurge and buy a for sure classic piece of gear.

The Yggdrasil is out of my price range. Considering it is ONLY a dac!

You need more volume out of the NFB-28?! Using the balanced output, it's capable of 8w @ 40ohms! On high gain, turning the nob to 30/80 is crazy loud for most music using the HE—560's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back