Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Mar 28, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #2,491 of 2,556
just join the club, it is huge!!!
Always want a good amp/DAC combo cause I hate wires.M11 is always my first choice.
It paired perfectly with my utopia, give it extra soundstage and image.
Also, it paired well with my hd800 and th900.
I know there is something else in the market but I think this is it!
Will not update gears for a while now!

Nice, you have pretty much the same collection as me, right down to the Lawton TH900 :p

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #2,493 of 2,556
Wellcome on board!!

My NOS11 V2 is also a mid/long term stop in my audio journey. Enjoy It with the headphones & streamer to be seen in my signature.

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #2,495 of 2,556
Hey everyone. Years ago I bought an audio-gd DAC-9MK3 and Phoenix (one of the first!), and used to be a regular on head-fi. I haven't been perusing audio websites for a long time, and I suppose that is the best compliment I can give to the audio-gd products that ended my search for audio nirvana.

But today I decided to check out audio-gd.com and noticed PCM1704UK products are being phased out. I'm going to be getting a Master 11, not because I need it right now, but so that I have backup when my current setup gives up the ghost, maybe many years from now. I remember all those years ago people used to be afraid of Phoenix's temperature, but mine's been rock solid reliable being left on 24/7 for years. Now give me my backup so I can enjoy PCM1704UK for the rest of my life :).

Apr 15, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,497 of 2,556
What do people think about R2R-7 vs. Master 11? I've read some very good opinions on R2R-7, but I'm kind of siding towards the Master 11 because I like the smaller footprint and price :).

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,498 of 2,556
What do people think about R2R-7 vs. Master 11? I've read some very good opinions on R2R-7, but I'm kind of siding towards the Master 11 because I like the smaller footprint and price :).

It depends, a proper power supply being done is like having a proper water tower supply to your city or town. Your people could be left demanding for more water ? Or the device could be left demanding for more power to perform it finest ?

Master 11 is an all in one, pre-amp, headphones - amp, DAC. But the power supply instead of the 2 stages is now merged to 1 stage.

Beside, having separate DAC and separate amplifier will allow separate upgrade possibility, in the mean while to have a properly done design instead of half-half cramped into 1 ?

It is all about practicality and technicality. Now, whether you can or not be able to observe the differences, you will have to audition them yourselves.

I chose to go to R2R-7 as DAC first , then having another amplifier later

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,500 of 2,556
The Master11 sounds pretty close to seperate Master7&9..I was about to order both but went for the Master11 (now NOS11) and never looked back. Sounds stunning in every way

Often those last single digit % is where it is going to cost the most money. See Cables ? Some of them fetch thousands of dollars, just because of the last % that we know as diminishing return point

Apr 15, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #2,501 of 2,556
Indeed, it's a consideration for everyone to make (my cables were all cheap).. the Master11 was a rather enjoyable jump coming from the (excellent) DAC19DSP though..

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #2,502 of 2,556
I just got quote and paid. I'll let you guys know how it compares to my dinosaur audio-gd setup when I get it and can play around with it some :).

My cables are pretty cheap too. Mainly use decent aftermarket or DIY'ed OCC cables with good connectors. About power, I'm pretty darn happy with my Furman reference conditioner. I feel it has biggest effect on entry level gear, not so much for beefy PSU gear. I get the feeling the power conditioner will outlive me :p strange to say but it is even more overbuilt than the audio-gd gear I've seen lol.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #2,503 of 2,556
I was going past pages and saw discussion about upgrades. Are there any upgrades I should try to ask from audio-gd while they are making my Master 11? Also, does the Master 11 output ACSS through preamp, in case I want to connect this to an audio-gd speaker amp?

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #2,505 of 2,556
I don't know wether M11 is M7 + M9 or not.
But it is a great all in one unit, which I think is one of the greatest all in one desk unit in the market.
Dave is the ultimate goal but M11 is perfect for me.
I like it so much, keep wondering what is M7 sounds like and may purchase it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back