Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Oct 10, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #2,131 of 2,556
  Seems like the website has been updated as well with some info on the new DSP:

"Upgrade the newest DSP V7 software which is design by Mr. He.
Support up to 384K , better neutral sound, better dynamic, better exact sound stage, better S/N, and better steady .
Don't like neutral sound?
You can setting different working modes, like 8X, 4X, 2X and NOS modes for got the smooth and warm sound"

I wonder if this DSP will solve the problem of channel imbalance when using the NOS mode on M11?

I hope Mr He keeps the new and old version of the DSP software available on the website. DSP software rolling? LOL

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #2,132 of 2,556
  Seems like the website has been updated as well with some info on the new DSP:

"Upgrade the newest DSP V7 software which is design by Mr. He.
Support up to 384K , better neutral sound, better dynamic, better exact sound stage, better S/N, and better steady .
Don't like neutral sound?
You can setting different working modes, like 8X, 4X, 2X and NOS modes for got the smooth and warm sound"

I wonder if this DSP will solve the problem of channel imbalance when using the NOS mode on M11?

Apparently so.

Oct 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #2,137 of 2,556
I asked king Wa while I was asking some questions for my HDMI module install. He said nos7 upgrade is coming also

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:01 PM Post #2,138 of 2,556
DSP V7 release, refuse jitter, support up to 384K, steady working with any oversampling modes.

Hi Kingwa.

Congratulations on writing your own dsp software, i am a sotware designer myself, it's not an easy job. Looking forward to hearing this new dsp version. I haven't installed the nos7 mod i bought recently because i was happy with my m7 setup as is. But i will try v7 for sure.

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #2,139 of 2,556
Could someone explain fully and patiently to me what this update is all about.  I currently use the Reference 5.32, and I am wondering what enhancements I shall get from this.  By the way, I am ordering the Altera USB Blaster, but I also have the Amanero upgrade module which I have not installed on the Reference 5.32 yet. How pertinent is that for this new upgrade?  Should I install it (the Amanero) before the new one?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #2,141 of 2,556
Figured out my prior issue with the PLL sounding better than the SU-1 clock.  Helps to use the DIP switch on the bottom of the SU-1 to turn on the clock output. (Sigh)  Now I'm wondering how many others never turned on the clock on the SU-1 for i2s connections.  Night and day difference.  I'm at a 20-25% improvement in sound subjectively compared to the Amanero.  Do not hesitate to get the SU-1 to compliment the M11.  I have no affiliation with Kitsune, but that's where I got mine - domestic shipping and a coupon code on their site.  Good luck guys.  I have no desire to upgrade anything.  Dare I say end-game?  Nah, I won't jinx myself, but this is everything I could have hoped for and then some...

Win 10 laptop (Tidal) > 6ft Supra USB > iFi iUSB 3.0 > 3ft Supra USB > Singxer SU-1 (with clock switch turned on, lol) > 1ft WireWorld UltraViolet 5.2 HDMI Cable > M11 > 5ft Norne Audio Draug2 > LCD-4 

Oct 10, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #2,142 of 2,556
Could someone explain fully and patiently to me what this update is all about.  I currently use the Reference 5.32, and I am wondering what enhancements I shall get from this.  By the way, I am ordering the Altera USB Blaster, but I also have the Amanero upgrade module which I have not installed on the Reference 5.32 yet. How pertinent is that for this new upgrade?  Should I install it (the Amanero) before the new one?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

It is simply a newer and better software for the dsp. Higher sampling rate is supported and better processing results in overall better sound.

The amanero can be installed before or after, it does not matter.

Oct 10, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,143 of 2,556
Figured out my prior issue with the PLL sounding better than the SU-1 clock.  Helps to use the DIP switch on the bottom of the SU-1 to turn on the clock output. (Sigh)  Now I'm wondering how many others never turned on the clock on the SU-1 for i2s connections.  Night and day difference.  I'm at a 20-25% improvement in sound subjectively compared to the Amanero.  Do not hesitate to get the SU-1 to compliment the M11.  I have no affiliation with Kitsune, but that's where I got mine - domestic shipping and a coupon code on their site.  Good luck guys.  I have no desire to upgrade anything.  Dare I say end-game?  Nah, I won't jinx myself, but this is everything I could have hoped for and then some...

Win 10 laptop (Tidal) > 6ft Supra USB > iFi iUSB 3.0 > 3ft Supra USB > Singxer SU-1 (with clock switch turned on, lol) > 1ft WireWorld UltraViolet 5.2 HDMI Cable > M11 > 5ft Norne Audio Draug2 > LCD-4 

Same here with my m7 being fed by the i2s out of the singxer f-1. Pll off. Sounds great. Resolution, imaging, tonality, dynamics, etc...

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #2,144 of 2,556

Sounds good. May just have to pick one up then 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #2,145 of 2,556

Users who are viewing this thread

Back