Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350
Jul 3, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #61 of 179
grizzlybeast

The same text you quoted is mentioned on the HE-350 page which is only a power regenerator. It seems unlikely that an AC power regenerator would have brand restrictions. I take the quote to mean that:
A. He recommends you have experience or start off with one of the lower tiered products first (more likely)
or
B. Requires that you start off with one of the lower tiered products first (less likely)

Anyways, just my two cents on the interpretation of the statement. Please let us know what you find out.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #63 of 179
I think he means that the HE350 is wasted with lower tied products.

Right but that is inside of the HE-9 post. 

Why would he place it there. Maybe he means that those products listed are the only ones good enough to use with the HE-9 since later on he mentions how it needs a good DAC. 

I know my DAC is up to snuff but I just want to know if it will burn my DAC. If it could be implying compatibility. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #65 of 179
I think you can order HE9 without the input shorting so it can be used with any DAC. It should not be a problem as long as this is done.

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #70 of 179
here's my new HE-9

i just made the upgrade from master 9.

The HE-9 has better speed soundstage and transparency when compared to the master 9

I'm doing some burn-in

i'll post some more impressions in the next few days

Any more impressions yet?

Dec 27, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #71 of 179
it's a clear step forward in terms of speed clarity and power compared to my previous master 9.
I've made a new balanced cable for audeze lcd-x using the furutech fhd-35 and this new cable has given more clarity to the audeze.
The he-9 drives the lcd-x with more authority and goes even deeper for what concerns low frequencies.

I think i have found my definitive amp for my lcd-x.

highly recommended.

Dec 29, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #72 of 179
Some days ago a let do the DSP-Update for my HE-7 as described here: http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-7_384/DSPupdataEN.htm .
My conclusion: Strong recommendation!

The differences are really audible: More transparency, better soundstage in width and depth, better instrument separation, more air around instruments/voices, more resolution of fine details, better definition of bass range. And last but not least: more blackness in background, more calmness, more natural musical flow. Obviously the DSP and its programming has a big influence on sound.

To be able to go for this procedure, you need an interface (USB-Blaster) between the Cyclone-II chip of DAC and your PC. I recommend to buy the original Altera USB-Blaster. In comparisson to some no-brand-products you are on the safe side with this.

Are there any other owners of Audio-GD HE-Series units having made the update?

Best regards - Fujak

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #73 of 179
I will be joining the ranks of HE owners with an HE-9 coming next week courtesy of grizzlybeast.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #75 of 179
  Any impressions?

I love the HE-9! It was a step up from the Master 9 with respect to instrument separation and clarity. You get into the law of diminishing returns when you jump between the two but it is definitely not a lateral move by any stretch. Unfortunately though adding more clarity has the negative effect of identifying more faults upstream (read spending more money), such is life.

Another added benefit is better impact or dynamics for the notes. It's not as prominent as the change in clarity or instrument separation but it's a step in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back