Audio-gd Digital Interface
Apr 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #3,738 of 4,156
Quote:

No, I don't know any alternative to the VIA ASIO emulator. This is what I wrote.

You don't have any advantage of using ASIO emulator instead of Kernel Streaming...

Of course, we can use KS or WASAPI Event Style, but we can't get the ASIO recommended by Audio-gd...

You also have issues with Windows 8, then you can also report that to Kingwa... :wink:

Let's help to solve this issue...

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #3,739 of 4,156
Quote:
Angel 72 ,you need to find a 'stored ' of your driver in this directory ( C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository) and delete it

awful
now I cannot do anything, not installing new drivers nor uninstalling old ones
help needed pls
confused.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #3,742 of 4,156
Quote:

blink.gif
 you didn't bother to quote the whole line...

ASIO worked flawlessly on JRiver using the VIA "ASIO emulator".

Anyway, is there a true ASIO driver for the USB32? If yes, It didn't automatically install with the package.

it's like saying that you had perfect sex with, uhm, your right hand :wink:

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #3,744 of 4,156
Quote:
it's like saying that you had perfect sex with, uhm, your right hand :wink:

But I do! 
biggrin.gif

Anyway I see the "Audio-GD USB Audio Device ASIO" in the driver list on the webpage: is that what you're referring to?
The guide mostly mention the VIA DirectKS ASIO and ASIO4ALL which both are ASIO wrappers.

I never saw any Audio-GD ASIO driver, even on my win7 laptop, so...

I didn't quite follow that driver thing anyway: were the A-GD ASIO drivers added at some point in the USB32 drivers or were they here from the very beginning?

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,746 of 4,156
How is the V3 working in the Mac world? All this driver and asynchronous vs adaptive USB firmware # stuff is a concern for a plug and play type user????

Any Mac users out there with good feedback??
Thanks

Apr 17, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,747 of 4,156
Quote:
How is the V3 working in the Mac world? All this driver and asynchronous vs adaptive USB firmware # stuff is a concern for a plug and play type user????

Any Mac users out there with good feedback??
Thanks

I've used my Reference 10 without issue with pure music on my macbook pro. It has the V3 built into it. 

On a side note, I would recommend switching to different power cords besides the pangea AC9's. I had one on my old Audio-gd fun and Reference 10 before deciding to try a little bit nice cable. I've come to the conclusion the AC9 is bass heavy and hardens the treble, making it more fatiguing than it should be. If you don't have that problem with you rig then nevermind. But consider it if you would.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #3,748 of 4,156
Perfectly - about the only time I have been relieved my workplace is all mac. 

Edit - Sorry a bit hasty. I couldnt get up-sampling to work on the trial of Audirvana I was using. Not overly fussed about that however. Everything else has been a seamless plug and play situation thankfully.

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #3,750 of 4,156
Quote:
There seem to be good news for VIA VT1371 & SBT, as on the home page of Audio-GD, they posted a link to a new kernel:
"[size=x-small]An user experience for improve USB32 performance with SBT[/size]
The patch for the kernel is available here -   http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/106773
The changes are already included in the kernel 3.9 rc6"
Anywone with a SBT & an USB32 device willing to give it a try ?

Anybody has tried this patch? It seems not a usual user knows how to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back