Audio-gd Digital Interface
Mar 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #3,632 of 4,156
Quote:
Can those that got VIA ASIO working post some screenshots of the control panel loaded

The driver is actually looking for the wrong executable

Yeah, I couldn't get mine to work with ASIO and I think you have the problem pegged correctly.  When I try to open the VIA control panel from inside J River it tells me that there is no control panel program.  If I knew the name of the executable it was looking for I would just change the name of the exe file just to see if that would get it to work.  

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #3,633 of 4,156
The driver is looking for control.exe

So if you rename what you have in the installation directory it will load

but I still got no sound (and no error messages) even though Foobar was "playing".

KS, WASAPI, DS, ASIO4ALL all work

(Windows 8 Pro 64bit)

Quote:
Yeah, I couldn't get mine to work with ASIO and I think you have the problem pegged correctly.  When I try to open the VIA control panel from inside J River it tells me that there is no control panel program.  If I knew the name of the executable it was looking for I would just change the name of the exe file just to see if that would get it to work.  

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #3,634 of 4,156
it seems to me that the problem is that Audio-gd ASIO driver is 32-bit only.
(got the same problem on my win8/64)

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #3,635 of 4,156
Quote:
it seems to me that the problem is that Audio-gd ASIO driver is 32-bit only.
(got the same problem on my win8/64)

I ran J-River with a option to show ASIO startup messages/errors late last night.  When I try to use ASIO, J-River gives a error message (going from memory here) that says something to the effect of "hardware is not compatible with with 44.1 khz 64bit bitrate..."  I  have all my audio settings at 32 bit bitrate max.  Maybe they could simply rewrite the driver to not automatically set it self to the highest bitrate available on a particular system and limit it to 32 bit max or like you said make a 64 bit driver that works so we can get in there and change settings manually.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #3,637 of 4,156
Of course but there is some reason the ASIO driver is setting the default bitrate to 64 bit when the USB chip its written for won't even accept 64 bit input.  Maybe someone took a programming shortcut which isn't a problem if the driver control panel can be opened and settings changed manually or maybe Windows 8 just does not fully understand the driver.  Either way the solution could be as simple as programming in a 32 bit limit for bitrate.  I guess I want to see the code lol.  Not that it will do me any good but I like a good mystery.

Mar 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #3,638 of 4,156
Quote:
I ran J-River with a option to show ASIO startup messages/errors late last night.  When I try to use ASIO, J-River gives a error message (going from memory here) that says something to the effect of "hardware is not compatible with with 44.1 khz 64bit bitrate..."  I  have all my audio settings at 32 bit bitrate max.  Maybe they could simply rewrite the driver to not automatically set it self to the highest bitrate available on a particular system and limit it to 32 bit max or like you said make a 64 bit driver that works so we can get in there and change settings manually.

I have the same "44.1 kHz 64bit bitrate" problem.  Also couldn't force SBT to work with SBT+EDO using USB output even with #3 firmware working in adaptative mode (even with HUB). Bit disapoitment :frowning2: but at least works ok with SBT+EDO by coax and works ok with PC.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #3,639 of 4,156
Quote:
I have the same "44.1 kHz 64bit bitrate" problem.  Also couldn't force SBT to work with SBT+EDO using USB output even with #3 firmware working in adaptative mode (even with HUB). Bit disapoitment :frowning2: but at least works ok with SBT+EDO by coax and works ok with PC.

The DI-V3 should work with SBT-EDO  in adaptive mode.

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #3,640 of 4,156
Quote:

Does anybody know why it does not work properly in async mode? On the EDO compatibility list, the async mode is reported working but I could not get it to work on my NFB-27. The sound was choppy. The adaptive works like a charm.

My new Concero DAC does not work at all with the SBT. It is also async and everything is reported fine in the status of EDO, yet, no sound.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #3,641 of 4,156
Quote:

Yes, it should. But it doesn't work. I've tried many times before contacting Audio-GD support, they confirmed, that sometimes it happens. They also said, it doesn't matter wchich SBT output I w would use (USB/COAXIAL) as DI-V3 has internal buffer and will reclock signal before sending it to DAC. As I don't own Hi-res files (mostly ripped CD's) and will in future use my laptop - I can accept it.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #3,642 of 4,156
Quote:

Does anybody know why it does not work properly in async mode? On the EDO compatibility list, the async mode is reported working but I could not get it to work on my NFB-27. The sound was choppy. The adaptive works like a charm.

My new Concero DAC does not work at all with the SBT. It is also async and everything is reported fine in the status of EDO, yet, no sound.

My SBT-EDO is also not work in Async mode. Hope some fixes soon..

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #3,643 of 4,156
Hi all, we are cooperating with VIA engineers to test with USB3.0 and WIN8. They report that they have tested on some PCs and do not have not any problems yet.
If you have experienced an issue with USB3.0 or Win8, please send a report to us, audio-gd@126.com
The email title: Report of USB3.0 (or Win8)
Include the below information:
1. Computer model (brand, CPU, memory)
2. USB type (2.0 or 3.0)
3. Operating system (Win7, Win8, or other) (32 or 64bit)
4. The issues you are having.

If you are using a tablet computer, please connect the device to the rear USB port. The front USB ports usually have the worst performance and may not work well.

If you have issue on Linux, please send email and tell us the Linux gear model and the Linux version as we like to buy the same model to test with. The VIA engineers informed us that the VIA chip only supports Linux on X86 chipsets and not on ARM chipsets.

Thanks all for your help and advice.

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #3,644 of 4,156
I would like to see drivers for Android operating system 4.1 and higher. Is that possible?

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3,645 of 4,156
Hello everybody and thank you in advance...any questions for you about the d-vi3 transport (kingwa told me to ask for it on the forum).
Is the transport easily working with Jriver-Jplay on WIN8?
Did anyone compare it with the john kenny spdif3 transport?
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back