Audio-gd Digital Interface
Mar 19, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #3,616 of 4,156
Quote:
I've just received my DI-V3S. I'm unable to install the driver on my win 7 computer. I've tried it on 2 computers and I keep getting the same error message at the end. I've followed all the steps and even used the supplied USB cable. I've written to Audio gd. Any help would be appreciated. Tks.

****SETUP LOG INITATED +DATE+3-15-2013+TIME+21:34:49
SETUP LOG: DATE 3-15-2013 TIME 21:34:51
Installed components :
None

Fail to Installed components :
Audio-gd USB Device Ver1.0

I had the same issue too. But after turning off the firewall of the computer, the software was installed successfully immediately. Hope this helps!

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #3,617 of 4,156
Thanks. I've shipped it back. I hope that it is sorted out.

By the way, when you connect the DI to the computer, do you see it under the device manager, which indicates all connected devices. I did not see it at all, which is kind of strange for hardware with USB connection.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #3,618 of 4,156
I have had the v3 for over a week now. I plugged it in for the first few days and thought it sounded better than the DI-DSP (I had it on 96khz upsampling).

However after some direct comparison over a few tracks, I'm wasn't too sure. The most obvious observation I found was that the DI-DSP sounded more enjoyable... just that little bit more. It had a very analogue like sound with a tad more low end impact.

The v3 on the other hand sounded CLEAN and more 3 dimensional. Vocals pop out more with nice clarity and realism - yes I have to say realism is its best attribute. Instruments were very well placed. Bass had less impact but was tighter.

I felt the DI-DSP was not as good at instrumental separation and at times was confusing and sounded "flat". Most of my listening was on my Focal monitors so I appreciate, what is in my opinion, the improvements that v3 brings.

Mar 20, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #3,619 of 4,156
I have DI-V3, and the drivers on Windows 8 64bit Pro seems to not working very well...

Using JRiver or foobar2000 I can't use ASIO, just Kernel Streaming and WASAPI Event Style, but always have a click from the DAC on stop the track.
To use ASIO I've to install ASIO4ALL.

At Audio-gd USB32 website Windows 8 seems to not be supported, just Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32bit and 64bit).

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #3,620 of 4,156
Thanks. I've shipped it back. I hope that it is sorted out.

By the way, when you connect the DI to the computer, do you see it under the device manager, which indicates all connected devices. I did not see it at all, which is kind of strange for hardware with USB connection.

I had the exact same issue as you. Initially I was using usb3 ports because that's all I had. I then swapped to a usb2 hub and it still didn't work. I had the same problem where it didn't show up in device manager. I reformatted my computer in the end, which was easy for me to do, and it finally worked on a fresh install. It's funny because it worked just fine installing it on my Lenovo X220 but not my desktop. Not sure if reformatting is the best option but definitely try a usb2 hub and play around with the usb ports until it takes.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #3,621 of 4,156
Event style is supposedly better anyway.  ASIO works for me, but can be a bit finicky at times in picking up and locking the audio signal or releasing it. WASAPI imo is best for simplicity and doing exactly what it should do. really no difference in sound between both modes

On a side note, the direct sound route is  REALLY good.  Especially in windows 8, running off of pandora radio I forget I am not listening to uncompressed flac through WASAPI.  Really, I am hard pressed to detect any differences when listening to any music through DS but still prefer WASAPI  since it locks the audio signal nicely and ensures nothing will bother me or mix into the stream.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #3,622 of 4,156
I prefer Kernel Streaming to all modes.  I started off using event style but I found it to be a bit tipped up on the top end and light in the bass.  Detail wise, KS did everything event style does without those issue.  My interest is piqued though as I have not used event style in over a month, I am going to switch back over tonight and see if thats still my opinion.  FWIW, Kingwa recommends ASIO or KS over other modes.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #3,623 of 4,156
Quote:
I have DI-V3, and the drivers on Windows 8 64bit Pro seems to not working very well...

Using JRiver or foobar2000 I can't use ASIO, just Kernel Streaming and WASAPI Event Style, but always have a click from the DAC on stop the track.

At Audio-gd USB32 website Windows 8 seems to not be supported, just Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32bit and 64bit).

Do you get a error message when you try to use ASIO in JRiver?  If so what does it say?

Mar 22, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,624 of 4,156
Quote:

The USB-32 drivers worked for me in windows 8 along with ASIO, But I found some players give issues when you go to use asio, or kernel steaming for that matter, where other players work just fine with either one.

Mar 23, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #3,626 of 4,156
Quote:
The USB-32 drivers worked for me in windows 8 along with ASIO, But I found some players give issues when you go to use asio, or kernel steaming for that matter, where other players work just fine with either one.

Really ?- just to clarify you managed to use the VIA ASIO driver ?

Mar 23, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #3,627 of 4,156
Quote:

Really ?- just to clarify you managed to use the VIA ASIO driver ?

Yea, I was able to use it in FL studio in windows 8 pro.  Also I forgot which media player I used that it worked with it, I think it was foobar 2k, because i tried a couple.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #3,628 of 4,156
Quote:
It seems the DI-V3 has been taken off the Audio-GD site.? Is it not possible to order this anymore? Maybe they have taken it down until they sort the driver issue's they're having.

They took the sledgehammer approach.  It was pretty clear on their website that the drivers were for Windows XP - 7 (32-64 bit).  From my understanding the VIA driver works well in Windows 8 for all audio modes except ASIO.  VIA simply has not made a VT1731 Chip driver specifically for Windows 8 yet. http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/drivers.jsp.  Some of us can probably get lucky with it if we experiment with it enough but its not universal plug and play by any measure.  

That said, ASIO mode won't sound any better than Event Style or Kernel Streaming for those of us that have standalone music servers.  Folks who use their PC as a server and listen to music while they work on the same computer are the ones who probably need it but you will probably be just a well off using KS.  

Before I built my server I had ASIO running on my personal computer with Windows 7 (64 bit).  I have not l really tried to run it on my server (windows 8 - 64bit) as I have been slowly working my way through the different modes trying to discern a difference.  Contrary to my prior opinion I have not noticed any difference between KS and Event style.  I will try to get ASIO running today just to see if I can.  I'll see if I can run it in XP or Vista compatibility mode.     

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #3,629 of 4,156
I don't own the digital interface but a dac with the USB32: i have no problem at all running the drivers with ASIO on Windows 8. I'm actually using Windows 2012 server!! I've also tried them on the same pc, but using XP: again everything works perfectly. Windows 8 sounds better though, either KS or ASIO.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #3,630 of 4,156
Can those that got VIA ASIO working post some screenshots of the control panel loaded

The driver is actually looking for the wrong executable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back