Audio-gd Digital Interface
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #3,511 of 4,156
I placed my order on Sunday night and he emailed me that he got it out the door just in time for his last pick up. I am very happy about that :)

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,514 of 4,156
Has anyone successfully connected the DI-V3 to Logitech SB Touch w/EDO? I got the info from SBT shown it was running, but no data out from the DI-V3.

Then I tried connected DI to a Mac, and it work perfectly fine with the Mac.

And then I tried connected the SBT USB to Benchmark DAC1's USB input, and also works fine.

Any thing I missed in the setup?

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3,517 of 4,156
Quote:
Has anyone successfully connected the DI-V3 to Logitech SB Touch w/EDO? I got the info from SBT shown it was running, but no data out from the DI-V3.

Then I tried connected DI to a Mac, and it work perfectly fine with the Mac.

And then I tried connected the SBT USB to Benchmark DAC1's USB input, and also works fine.

Any thing I missed in the setup?

Jimmy, do you know which firmware and kernel versions you are using?  From the compatibility chart in Triode's thread on the squeezebox forum, it looks like those matter... I'm in the dark, myself, but want this to work given that it is my intended setup as well.

Feb 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #3,518 of 4,156
Jimmy,

Another user is trying to get the DI-V3 to work with EDO and is also having some trouble.  This is the thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94512-Announce-Enhanced-Digital-Output-app-USB-Dac-and-192k-Digital-Ouput/page125

I would keep an eye on that to see if Triode responds or if other users find a way to make it work.  I think at least one person has...

Good luck to both of us!

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #3,519 of 4,156
I am using the USB32 input of my Master 7 in my lounge with Audirvana+, Pure Music, Fidelia and Amarra(full version) on a Mac Mini running OSX without issues. All the software is the full registered versions.

It definately works Plug and Play on the Mac. Amarra seems the hardest software to get to run properly but it isnt usb32 related.

I also run a Master 7 USB32 under windows 7 Pro 32bit on a relatively low powered Q9650 cpu with 4GB of RAM in my kitchen (using JRiver and Foobar) and another Master 7 via usb32 in my bedroom under Windows 8 Pro 64bit on a fairly maxed out 3930k running JRiver/JPlay.

I have had no problems apart from the Windows 8 machine which required the new version of JPlay (5.1) to work properly in direct mode.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards

Macrog

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #3,520 of 4,156
you're the man, i've been waiting for here :)
can you really run xtream in directlink with usb-32 under Win8?

also - can you try using a USB3 port for your usb32 ? does it work in Jplay with low buffers?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #3,521 of 4,156
Extreme doesn't work but direct link does under River or Beach settings.

Direct link has the lowest latency so why would you want to set the buffers? I get zero drop outs.

Yes it did work on USB3 sockets but I just tried it then moved back to USB2.

I am happy to help if you have any further questions.

Regards

Macrog

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #3,522 of 4,156
by buffers i meant Jplay settings called "buffer" (directlink, 2, 4, 8,. etc)

do you mean that xstream doesn't work at all or it requires a higher buffer?

also - did you compare your Audiophilleo (it's in your signature) to the usb-32 ?

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #3,523 of 4,156
I prefer the usb32 to the audiophilleo.

I haven't tried too hard to get Extreme working. I will have a play today and let you know how I get on.

I just tried the lowest buffer settings 2 and River and Beach still works fine.

Regards

Macrog

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #3,524 of 4,156
JPlay Extreme mode will not work for me on any settings

I tried all buffer settings

I think the Kernel Streaming driver for USB32 doesnt work on Windows 8

Regards

Macrog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back