Audio-gd Digital Interface
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #3,031 of 4,156
Quote:

That's a DI-DSP actually. I just tried the beta of Audirvana+ (thanks for letting me know about this, I used Audirvana before purchasing Pure Music and wasn't aware the programmer had found a way to circumvent the drop of integer mode in OSX Lion). Anyhow, seems to be working just fine (actually, it seems like a nice alternative to Pure Music!), tried 88.2 / 96 / 174.4 as well as DSD (converted on the fly to 24/174.4). I have no way to check if it's really in integer mode I guess but at least I could set it up that in the preferences.

Haven't had a chance to compare Audirvana + and Pure Music in detail so this is very very preliminary, but it would seem the DSD or other High Res. files have a more natural mid-highs / treble through Audirvana + and maybe more low level detail retrieval. It seems more subtle than the move from old DI+PSU to DI-DSP though. BTW, playing at native rate (except DSD which has to be converted to PCM).

I forgot the pain windows can be at times, wishing you guys luck to sort it out.

Thanks Arnaud.

There is an indicator of Integer Mode on the Audirvana screen, is an INT green indicator, and you can check the debug info in the Audirvana Menu.
If you have set Direct and Integer mode options and you are hearing sound then it should be working in integer mode.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #3,032 of 4,156
24-192 does not seem to be working for me. The Audio-GD Drivers detect the change and it seems like its working but my DAC doesnt pick up the signal. The W4S DAC1 does AFAIK support 192 over Coax so im not sure whats going on here. All other sample rates work perfectly. Can anyone else confirm 24-192 working with their DAC?

Thanks.

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #3,033 of 4,156
I can't play 24/96 with my Oritek which is a kind of absurd. It should support up to 24/192 playback.. I don't know what's going on. :frowning2:

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #3,034 of 4,156
Quote:
24-192 does not seem to be working for me. The Audio-GD Drivers detect the change and it seems like its working but my DAC doesnt pick up the signal. The W4S DAC1 does AFAIK support 192 over Coax so im not sure whats going on here. All other sample rates work perfectly. Can anyone else confirm 24-192 working with their DAC?

Thanks.

No problems here. I can output 24/192 to an Audio-gd NFB-8 DAC, and a NFB-12.1 Headphone amp/DAC.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #3,035 of 4,156
So it seems that there are many others with problems with HD material. I really hope that they fix the drivers soon. 

As I said earlier, with transmit insulate output, HD material works fine. I'm not sure if it affects the sound quality though.

EDIT:

Just when I hoped it worked, it didn't. Now it crashed even with 16/44,1 kHz material. Just a minute ago I got blue screen with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error message. I played ordinary 16/44,1 material with KS output on foobar2000. I'm starting to get frustrated... I guess that only way is to play 16/44,1 material with the original configuration (current conveyor on). That way my computer didn't crash once. I just can't play HD material that way.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3,036 of 4,156
guys, i strongly advice you to manually set the asio buffer to maximum in Audio-gd panel and to play through ASIO

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3,037 of 4,156
Quote:
So it seems that there are many others with problems with HD material. I really hope that they fix the drivers soon. 

As I said earlier, with transmit insulate output, HD material works fine. I'm not sure if it affects the sound quality though.

EDIT:

Just when I hoped it worked, it didn't. Now it crashed even with 16/44,1 kHz material. Just a minute ago I got blue screen with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error message. I played ordinary 16/44,1 material with KS output on foobar2000. I'm starting to get frustrated... I guess that only way is to play 16/44,1 material with the original configuration (current conveyor on). That way my computer didn't crash once. I just can't play HD material that way.

Yeah, I am not sure how you and I are the only ones reporting blue screen issues. I get that bsod every 4 hours or so on average even at 16/44.1... I got it while trying to watch the Daily Show last night online (using the flash player). It isn't like it's just one piece of software causing problems. I am using current conveyor over BNC, by the way, so I think it's just a happy coincidence that it hasn't crashed on you yet.
Quote:
guys, i strongly advice you to manually set the asio buffer to maximum in Audio-gd panel and to play through ASIO

The download link is broken... http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_asio (edit: guess they were replacing the .zip with a .fb2k-component file exactly when I was trying to download)
edit2: Ha, 20 minutes later and I got BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER bluescreen again. Is there really nobody else with these issues besides Patu and I ?

Jun 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #3,038 of 4,156
It works fine.. extract it using 7zip.

Guys, I still can't play 24/96 or 24/192 using my DAC, and I'm starting to think my DAC is absolutely fine and the problem is the DI. I get all sorts of weird crackling noises, and on current conveyer the signal actually locks (but with noises that subtly sounds like the song, so something is wrong digitally), with transmit insulate it's silent and the signal doesn't lock (led is off).
ASIO doesn't work either. I'm trying KS now. I think there's a severe incompatibility with some dac's and driver issue that needs to be fixed.

EDIT:

Hallelujah!!!! I just switched to ASIO, but now this 2nd time I set the "Default Format" in the "Advanced" tab of the device to "2 channel, 24 bit, 48000 Hz (Studio Quality)". Playback works fine, no weird noise. AudioGD CPL shows the following on the asio tab:
"2 ch. output, 0 ch. input, 96000 Hz 24 bits, 4800 BYTE Buffer".

Looks like output is 24/96 :D

WASAPI doesn't work that way. I'm trying KS now.

EDIT2:

Something is just terribly wrong with the DI. It just stopped working and back to noise/silent again. MAJOR DRIVER ISSUE

EDIT3:

Restart fixed it. Let's see how well he behaves..

Jun 14, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #3,039 of 4,156
So I have tried ASIO (you do not have ton install ASIO4ALL) just the Foobar driver

I can now play all Hi res material (WASAPI was limited to 96)

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #3,040 of 4,156
Since I switched to ASIO a few hours ago, I had about 12 blue screens on normal listening, also track loading and seeking is very slow. This method is unbearable.
I had to switch back to WASAPI and listen to standard definition content.. there is no other option for me. When playing high resolution (24/96) content on WASAPI, I can now hear the song, but it is VERY VERY distorted, just impossible to listen to. There is obliviously something wrong with the DI, and my dac is not the problem, as I suspected earlier.

In the meantime, it is WASAPI and no high-resolution for me, until these drivers are fixed. This is just unbearable..

Edit: I sent an email to Kingwa.

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #3,041 of 4,156
LosNir and somestranger26,

It seems that we have very similar problems here. It's good to know that I'm not the only one. When there are many with the problem, there's actually some hope for getting the drivers fixed.

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,043 of 4,156
Quote:
Win7 64 bit with Media Center (WASAPI Event) and DI set to 24/96-- zero issues with the drivers or sound.

Could you please describe your whole setup. Also are you absolutely positive that the device outputs HD signal? 

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #3,044 of 4,156
I think the problem arises with certain spdi/f receivers inside the dacs. With my Valab NOS DAC I recall playing 24/96 with WASAPI fine. It has a DIR9001 receiver. My Oritek which doesn't work with the DI has a CS8416 receiver.

Which dac's / receiver's do you have?

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #3,045 of 4,156
Quote:

Could you please describe your whole setup. Also are you absolutely positive that the device outputs HD signal? 

DI-DSP set to upsample to 24/96 (jumpers inside)--> Win7 set to output 24/96 with all boxes checked that apply (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96) --> Media Center (w/o upsampling) --> Ref-8 DAC. The AGD is set to 24/96 in "Audio Format" and streaming shows 24/96 on a 24/96 recording I have. Sounds very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back