Audio-gd Digital Interface
Aug 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #3,196 of 4,156
It's subtle but it does change the sound some, whether it's an improvement is up to the user- it tends to make the vocals sound closer to you and instruments seem more distinctly placed in your head. I could hear this even with my DSP-1 in my dac.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #3,198 of 4,156
Quote:
Hi guys, I haven been looking through this thread to and fro and still undecided on 1 thing.. I intend to get the DSP version and have 1 clock upgraded, but does it make more sense to upgrade the clock for upsampling? Since there was discussion that the 12mhz clock upgrade was a tiny improvement? Still, I am not sure how significant the 24.576mhz TCXO clock is since the upsampling is a rather subjective matter too..

Thanks for any advices, really appreciate! :)

It depends on how revealing your system is and how "picky" you are. I noticed a distinct improvement with the 12mhz upgrade, but I listen to some brutally revealing speakers in a very purist system. Regards

Aug 6, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #3,199 of 4,156
Quote:
It's subtle but it does change the sound some, whether it's an improvement is up to the user- it tends to make the vocals sound closer to you and instruments seem more distinctly placed in your head. I could hear this even with my DSP-1 in my dac.

Quote:
It depends on how revealing your system is and how "picky" you are. I noticed a distinct improvement with the 12mhz upgrade, but I listen to some brutally revealing speakers in a very purist system. Regards

these 2 observations with both the clocks upgraded?

Aug 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #3,200 of 4,156
Can any one help to test if the TE8802 can playback the DSD files?
A Hongkong customer send me the DSD plug, one DSD track asked I test .
When I told him there is no problems of the playback he appear beyond belief .
Thanks.

Aug 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #3,201 of 4,156
i thought that SPDIF in DI can transmit only PCM stream?

DSD is totally different.
yes, you may convert DSD to PCM, but it will ruin the whole idea of DSD.

Aug 6, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #3,202 of 4,156
Quote:
i thought that SPDIF in DI can transmit only PCM stream?

DSD is totally different.
yes, you may convert DSD to PCM, but it will ruin the whole idea of DSD.

I think you are right, I've heard of DSD over USB but never DSD over SPDIF/coaxial connection.

Most audio players convert the DSD to PCM so it will work, but it wont be natively supporting DSD ie streaming PWM to the DAC chip.

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #3,204 of 4,156
Got the call from Tenor this morning.
They change the words , they said they are working hard and will release the full new driver at next week , except at 14 th but they said maybe tell customers at 16th.
They said this driver is their best driver up to now.
So they won't send the old version to me and customers.
Sorry for the delay repeatedly.
Wish they can release the driver in time.
deadhorse.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM Post #3,205 of 4,156
wow. cool.
is that possible that the new driver will sound even nicer?

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #3,206 of 4,156
Quote:
Can any one help to test if the TE8802 can playback the DSD files?
A Hongkong customer send me the DSD plug, one DSD track asked I test .
When I told him there is no problems of the playback he appear beyond belief .
Thanks.

Hi ^^ well i don't know if it's ok but => with Foobar 2K player , with http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_dsdiff (DSD decoder) , on NFB-17.2 straight with USB it's working , i don't know if there is a DSD to PCM conversion done by foobar with the plugin , but at least there is sound .

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html   (sample music from here) peraphs something is wrong there too . But a least i tryed 
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #3,207 of 4,156
I worked out what the problem was with Kingwa via email. His customer had send him a DSD file that had been down-sampled to 88.2k.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #3,208 of 4,156
Quote:
I worked out what the problem was with Kingwa via email. His customer had send him a DSD file that had been down-sampled to 88.2k.

Seams that i used same kind of file on , A-GD USB audio control , in stream status it showed also 88.2k , but you allready solved it so no matter ^^

Aug 8, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #3,210 of 4,156
Wow. I just switched the power supply of the DI-DSP from USB to an external Li-Ion battery and what a difference it made. The sound became more focused - better defined highs and better transparency to the music. Definitely an improvement in clarity, like a veil had been lifted. Cymbals sound more realistic with a bite to them and vocals are more upfront and natural. I highly recommend using an external power supply for the DI-DSP. The difference is not subtile and you will notice it right away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back