Audio-GD DI-20
Dec 16, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #4,531 of 5,303
I believe the devil is twisting my mind right, its like I am against the world trying to figure out set with clock

1. I dont use bnc cable unless I have a master clock - even thoug I have the di20 and R8hemk2

1. Correct?

2. I HAVE to use two bnc cable for the clock setup(master clock, Dac and di20he) to function.

Which means the master clock has both bnc connected, to master clock outputs, either sine or square(2 bnc ouputs)

These two bnc outputs to both:

DDC 10Mhz input
DAC 10Mhz(IN2)

2. Correct?

3. Since I dont have a master clock I dont need this bnc cable for clock setup between dac and ddc?

3. Correct?

Dec 16, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #4,532 of 5,303
I believe the devil is twisting my mind right, its like I am against the world trying to figure out set with clock

1. I dont use bnc cable unless I have a master clock - even thoug I have the di20 and R8hemk2

1. Correct?

2. I HAVE to use two bnc cable for the clock setup(master clock, Dac and di20he) to function.

Which means the master clock has both bnc connected, to master clock outputs, either sine or square(2 bnc ouputs)

These two bnc outputs to both:

DDC 10Mhz input
DAC 10Mhz(IN2)

2. Correct?

3. Since I dont have a master clock I dont need this bnc cable for clock setup between dac and ddc?

3. Correct?
Your bnc in on the dac is a clock input so all correct. I recommend i2s or aes/ebu for the signal connection. Rca could give great results too. Be prepared for a long burn- in!

Just to be sure, if you had a clock, you would still not use the clock output on the di20he.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #4,533 of 5,303
Dec 17, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #4,534 of 5,303
We are different in perception. I exaggerate my impressions a lot: But damn!!!

Just turned on the system:

Synology NAS* > usb >di20he > i2s hdmi > r8hemk2 > acss > he9le > Susvara

Its unbelievable, the distortion/noise/harsness I hear from deltas are all gone. Does not hurt my ears turning the volume up, like it does on:RME TT2 DIABLO.

First I thought it was boring because this dac does not do anything, it does not stand in the way. No coloration, no veils, no muted/darkish coating. This makes it very organic, lively, musical. The extend of every instruments.

If I should explain my impression short:

“It sound like the distortions I hear on all my other deltas is GONE!”

*only DSM 6 supports dacs, DM me if you want to downgrade I can help maybe

Dec 17, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #4,535 of 5,303

Its unbelievable, the distortion/noise/harsness I hear from deltas are all gone. Does not hurt my ears turning the volume up, like it does on:RME TT2 DIABLO.

First I thought it was boring because this dac does not do anything, it does not stand in the way. No coloration, no veils, no muted/darkish coating. This makes it very organic, lively, musical. The extend of every instruments.

“It sound like the distortions I hear on all my other deltas is GONE!”

*only DSM 6 supports dacs, DM me if you want to downgrade I can help maybe
At this stage, things will be varying from one day to the next. So be warned. You'll need to do much burn-in.

Wait until you apply a clock it'll be the finished touch. And res will at least be as good as with any delta sigma. Dynamic and timbres will be better.

The analogue character of the sound is quite something indeed. I listen for 25-30h per week. Never any fatigue. I dont know what fatigue is since i got an audio-gd setup.

Dec 17, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #4,536 of 5,303

“It sound like the distortions I hear on all my other deltas is GONE!”....

Welcome to the club that good music does not require good equipment spec and where sound quality/$ ratio is higher than normal.

Wait till you have over 500 hrs of burn in until you get to a stable sound signature.

Enjoooy

Dec 17, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #4,537 of 5,303
Thanks!

Kingwas designs are truly something else.

I feel the bass gives my Susvara that punch I miss from dynamic headphones. The lows are the truth on this setup!

The lows are very very interesting on R8. It gives me the vibe from ATC SCM40A, another dimension, the details in the lows. Wow!

This will be my endgame. There is no distractions, its fast on point, “just” perfect.

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #4,538 of 5,303
This just in…I was in the process to check whether or not I had the external clock button checked, and when I press that center button on my DI-20 HE, it says ‘Fail”…
Has anyone experienced this? What’s the fix?
I’ve checked all my external clock connections and all seems good.
Also, what is the recommended firmware, and its most current release dat?

Dec 26, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #4,539 of 5,303
This just in…I was in the process to check whether or not I had the external clock button checked, and when I press that center button on my DI-20 HE, it says ‘Fail”…
What's your clock setup?

Dec 26, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #4,541 of 5,303
Gustard c-16
I was asking about how you have the clock setup. Do you get a lock on any other device or is the DI-20 the only device you have that can use a 10 MHz clock?

Did you try each set of outputs?

Do you have an oscilloscope?

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #4,544 of 5,303
This might be an obvious thing but doesn't hurt to check.

Which bnc connector did you plug in to? Did you try connecting it to the other bnc connector on the di20?

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #4,545 of 5,303
So it was working fine about a month ago and then for some reason I went to check it couple of weeks ago and it showed fail so I don’t think I have it plugged into the wrong BNC connector on the DI-20. We also have experienced a couple of power outages in this weather, which probably could have some bearing.
I will try some different outs on Gustard, to see if it can sync properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back