Audio GD C2C
Jun 6, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #332 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those RCA's happened a while ago (mine have them from receiving 2 months ago). The gain change does not affect SQ according to Kingwa, just reduced gain.

Ok thanks man
smile.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #333 of 657
Could someone help me out here?

Could you kind of run your fingers on the top plate of the C2C when it's plugged into power / and compare to when it's not plugged in to power?

Does it feel any different?

I'm definitely getting the "current" kind of feel when it's plugged in. And I don't know if there's anything wrong with mine.

It seems to 'work' fine for me, but quite honestly right now I would describe it as pretty veiled and even compared to my laptop's headphone jack, the C2C sounds pretty "muffled"

Since I've never heard the C2C before, I don't know if I'm really listening to it's native sound and maybe I just don't like it, or maybe mine is broken because of the current issue.

Thanks!!

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #334 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I'm using it at the moment but it's funny now there's no sound with anything other than with Foobar. I couldn't get any sound through my Media Player Classic, all PC games and even via online streaming. Obviously Direct Sound is not working properly here.

It seems that the sound is slightly sharper and more detailed compared with WASAPI but I'm not sure whether it's worth it or not with all these strange quirks.

I can get sound from video, games, youtube etc

I think u can check out the latest driver version or send the company an email

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #335 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by umbalito /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could you kind of run your fingers on the top plate of the C2C when it's plugged into power / and compare to when it's not plugged in to power?

I'm definitely getting the "current" kind of feel when it's plugged in. And I don't know if there's anything wrong with mine.

It seems to 'work' fine for me, but quite honestly right now I would describe it as pretty veiled and even compared to my laptop's headphone jack, the C2C sounds pretty "muffled"

Since I've never heard the C2C before, I don't know if I'm really listening to it's native sound and maybe I just don't like it, or maybe mine is broken because of the current issue.

Thanks!!

Not for me regarding the "current"

and not veiled and muffled to me
i guess u should check with kingwa on that

Jun 7, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #336 of 657
Quote:

Originally Posted by squall343 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not for me regarding the "current"

and not veiled and muffled to me
i guess u should check with kingwa on that

Absolutely - my C2C does not do that, and most definitely does not sound thin or veiled.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #337 of 657
Quote:

Thanks!!

No current feel on mine. And mine doesn't sound veiled too.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #338 of 657
Last weekend I had the opportunity to test different headphones on my set. I have always hated Sennheiser HD600/650 because of their veiled and dull presentation. I plugged in totally stock HD600 and was amazed by the sound. Also the owner of the Senns were amazed by the difference of my amp and his MF X-Can V2.

Last year when I compared my Grado RS-2 and PS-1 with my Little Dot MKIV SE and Zero DAC, I found the differences very small. Now with my current DAC/amp combo the differences were huge in favor of PS-1!

I have a feeling that my C2C is now reaching the stage of enough hours for it to sound very good. I didn't find my old RS-2's bad from it anymore.

So I have come to conclusion that C2C works great for almost any headphones (at least Grado's, Denon's, Sennheiser's Audio Technica's and Sony SA5000).

Jun 10, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #339 of 657
Look like there is a new version of the c2c

What's new in C-2C (upgrade version):
1, Apply the 23 steps volume pots, we design the exponential volume characteristic, it has wide control characteristic , so users can easy to adjust the volume .
2, The 23 steps switch manufacturer, which is products switch for Chinese space shuttle, the QC is very solidity.
3, The volume pots compose by DALE resistors, compare to C2C(stand version) , S/N rise 6DB, and sound improve a bit detail and neutral.

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

however the new version price is 380 as compared the the 335 for the old

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #341 of 657
Kingwa is always looking to improve things...tough to keep up with the guy
smily_headphones1.gif

Prolific tinkerer....

Peete.

PS: This looks like a perfect DIY upgrade to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #342 of 657
Quote:

Thanks!!

When mine is on I can feel a little vibration just barely in the right hand front corner. I always thought it was kinda cool, like you could feel its heart beating!

no viel or muffled sound though. and i never worried about it.

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #343 of 657
Yeah I think it's pretty much settled. Around the next New Year's I will upgrade to the upgraded C2C and the DAC 19MK3 and that should be the final solution for my headphone setup I think. I just don't feel the need or even want to go balanced, so this should be enough.

So far the Compass/HD650 combo has made me happy, so will enjoy it for a little while longer.

Keep up the reviews and impressions!

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #345 of 657
I wonder if umbalito's outlet is properly grounded ?

Peete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back