Audio GD Amanero Combo/ Xmos U8 using and update
Nov 15, 2015 at 2:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

norrest

100+ Head-Fier

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Amanero/AmaneroEN.htm

Output Format :
       I2S 32bit or DSD64,DSD128 (Native mode and DOP mode) - On Windows DSD256,DSD512 too 

Supported systems:
       NO Drivers needed for Mac OSX 10.6+ and Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel.
       KS/Wasapi/WDM/ASIO Drivers for MS OS XP to Win10 32-64bit included at no fee. 
       Apple ISO (Iphone and Ipad through camera kit )
       Andriod (Support USB2.0)

Please note:
      (176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352kHz,384kHz and DSD are only available in USB audio class 2.0 and 3.0 / High speed mode . USB audio class 1.0 / 1.1 support up to 96K /24bit )

The Amanero had very low jitter present. From the HiFiDuino report, the Phase Jitter 0.04~2.41ps (10Hz~1MHz), Total Phase Jitter (RMS) 2.42ps

Please note: 
1, If you want to buy the Amanero Combo 384 replace the USB32 in our E9018 built-in and DSD support products (since 2014, Aug. ), you want to buy the new MCU at the same time .
2, If you want to buy the Amanero Combo384 for our PCM1704 built in DAC, you need buy the new MCU replace in the unit for the better performance improve .
3, Send your unit series number to us while you place the order.
4, If the module for non- audio-gd products, just buy the standard version.

5, If you want custom order different function of the MCU, you can buy the K150 program and don't want buy the MCU

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Xmos/XmosEN.htm

Supported Sample Rates :
       44.1Khz 48Khz 88.2Khz 96Khz 176.4Khz 192Khz 352.8Khz 384Khz 

Output Format :
       I2S 32bit or DSD64,DSD128 ( DOP mode)  

Supported systems:
       NO Drivers needed for Mac OSX 10.6+ and Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel.
       KS/Wasapi/WDM/ASIO Drivers for MS OS XP to Win10 32-64bit included at no fee. 

Please note:
      (176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352kHz,384kHz and DSD are only available in USB audio class 2.0 and 3.0 / High speed mode . USB audio class 1.0 / 1.1 support up to 96K /24bit )

Are there any users are already those who use and successfully installed these modules?

I have a problem with support dsd128 (and clatter when start playback dsd64) on my DAC AUDIO-GD NFB-1SE 2014 VER (both linux and Windows (may be weak quartz "TCXO upgrade 12,000 Mhz" for USB) and I would like to update to AMANERO! Do not quite understand what it means "to need buy the new MCU replace"! 
Kingva also said in the letter that
"The NFB1S replace the Amanero want to edit the MCU software but we have not the unit for test."
Let's talk and try  understand the subtleties and nuances of this new solution!

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 47
I bought this Amanero PCB without audio clock for RMB188.00. And 2 x additional audio TCXOs cost me a total of RMB78.00,
This Amanero PCB out performances my Gustard U12/Xmos USB Interface by a great margin. The designer of this Amanero PCB claimed replacing the third clock would also improve the audio playback by a big deal.

Regards,

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 47
I am using this enhanced Amanero Board.
The interface board is made by Weiliang Audio, the board has the space for the big Crystek XOs.
There are individual low noise voltage regulators for the Crysteks and the Amannero CPLD programmable logic device.

My unit is customized by Volent, includes a ultra low noise powersupply and the Crysteks XO for the bitclock.

I rebuilt the powersupply for even better performance.
Panasonic OSCon filter caps, Kemet tantalum output cap plus Vishay Schottky Rectifier
Replaced the crappy ceramic filter caps across the voltage reference with TDK X7R monolithic ceramic caps in parallel with Rubycon Acrylic Film Caps (C5 and C6 on the board)

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 47
  I am using this enhanced Amanero Board.
The interface board is made by Weiliang Audio, the board has the space for the big Crystek XOs.
There are individual low noise voltage regulators for the Crysteks and the Amannero CPLD programmable logic device.

My unit is customized by Volent, includes a ultra low noise powersupply and the Crysteks XO for the bitclock.

I rebuilt the powersupply for even better performance.
Panasonic OSCon filter caps, Kemet tantalum output cap plus Vishay Schottky Rectifier
Replaced the crappy ceramic filter caps across the voltage reference with TDK X7R monolithic ceramic caps in parallel with Rubycon Acrylic Film Caps (C5 and C6 on the board)

Hello b0bb,

Have you encountered any Xmos USB Interface before? Any difference between Amanero and Xmos?

Regards,

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #6 of 47
   Hello b0bb,

Have you encountered any Xmos USB Interface before? Any difference between Amanero and Xmos?

Regards,

I have the DIYINHK ones, both the Isolated output and standard output with the NDK crystals and a modded XMOS DDC from Breeze Audio.

I agree with your comments. Amanero is much better, the music is more defined without being harsh.

XMOS can be a little bright, I use them with Vintage DACs like my Esoteric D500 , dual Philips TDA1541 to improve the imaging.

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 47

I have the DIYINHK ones, both the Isolated output and standard output with the NDK crystals and a modded XMOS DDC from Breeze Audio.

I agree with your comments. Amanero is much better, the music is more defined without being harsh.

XMOS can be a little bright, I use them with Vintage DACs like my Esoteric D500 , dual Philips TDA1541 to improve the imaging.

I pair my Amanero Combo384 with AK4495SEQ DAC, and using TeraDak U9 Linear Power Supply as the PS for the Amanero PCB. Be honest to you, I'm very satisfied with its performance.

Regards,

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #8 of 47

I pair my Amanero Combo384 with AK4495SEQ DAC, and using TeraDak U9 Linear Power Supply as the PS for the Amanero PCB. Be honest to you, I'm very satisfied with its performance.

Regards,

If you have get the urge to experiment further, try a Raspberry Pi running PiCoreplayer with direct I2S connection into the DAC, I find it to be even better than USB.

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #10 of 47

Is it the right one?

Yes. There a Pi Model B that looks almost exactly alike. If you do not see the Broadcom logo on the square CPU chip when buying your unit, double check with the seller.

Pi2 is a 900MHz quadcore ARM CPU with 1Gb ram.
Pi Model B is 700MHz single core ARM CPU with 512Mb ram.

Performance difference is night and day

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #11 of 47
Friend of mine tested with Pi2 and PiCoreplayer. His results were very good, at least on SQ side, but he said it was too unstable to use.
He often got freezes, and that's not something you would want.

We probably will compare it's SQ with my diy usb dac, connected to dualpc ao / jplay / server2012

Regards,

Alex

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 47
  Friend of mine tested with Pi2 and PiCoreplayer. His results were very good, at least on SQ side, but he said it was too unstable to use.

We probably will compare it's SQ with my diy usb dac, connected to dualpc ao / jplay / server2012

Regards,

Alex

Something is off with your friend's install

Here is the uptime on one of RPis, this one has been powered up 3months straight.

tc@piOnkyo:~$ uptime
 02:06:25 up 89 days,  5:31,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.04

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #13 of 47

Regards,

Alex

Something is off with your friend's install

Here is the uptime on one of RPis, this one has been powered up 3months straight.

tc@piOnkyo:~$ uptime
 02:06:25 up 89 days,  5:31,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.04, 0.04

I will check this with him, it's probably a software issue.
Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Alex

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 47

I will check this with him, it's probably a software issue.
Thanks for the input!

Regards,
Alex

A couple of things, try to keep things stock (aka no overclocking) and use a wired connection.

The older 1.17 or 1.19 distributions are the most stable, I am in wait and see mode on the newer 2.x stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back